Gracious & Spacious Anna Maria Island Vacation Home
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Holmes Beach house description
Framed by tall twisted Seagrape trees, and Saw Palmettos, you will find our 3800 sq ft.' tropical green' painted beach house, stretching up to three levels. Broken pieces of white sea shells, surround the tropical landscaping and coral pavers that make up the driveway. We built our home in 1996, and have enjoyed it as a meeting place for family reunions, friends, and Holidays. This is a house that has more windows than walls, and when you see the view, you'll understand why. Recently we updated it with new replacement windows and doors, hardy-board siding , new cabinets and granite counter tops in kitchen and bathrooms.
There are 2 houses between us and the pristine, white sandy beach; a quick short walk.
There are roll-a-way shutters, central intercom & stereo system,security system, and an elevator in the home that stops at three levels. The LR has a beautiful keystone fire place, with high cypress wood ceilings. House is decorated with a 'beach motif' with comfortable furniture.
The house is very open, tiled floors throughout, and has ceiling fans in every room. Two of the guest rooms have a queen size bed, and there is a large 'dorm' room on the back of the house with twin beds that sleep 6 people. The room has an adjoining large bathroom with shower (2 shower heads) and Koehler tub. Cable and
TVs in every room, PlayStation in guest room, DVD player. High-speed Internet access. Printer & Fax.
The covered wrap-around, screened deck area extends out behind the dining and LR areas, with a white porch swing, and comfortable patio furniture.
Large 2-car garage, and separate laundry room with W/D on ground level. Ping-Pong Table under lanai area, with 2 outdoor showers; one enclosed.
The master suite itself, is over 800 sq feet, surrounded by several windows overlooking the tree-tops with views of the Gulf. It makes up the top floor with a King size bed, wet-bar, keystone fireplace, home office area, sitting area with sofa, and covered deck . Adjoining is the master-bath with corner jacuzzi, separate toilet closet with bidet, and large shower.
You may receive a refund of up to 100% of your total rental payment if you provide written notice of cancellation at least 60 days prior to your arrival date, and paid with electronic check. However, if credit card used for deposit, and cancellation necessary, tenant responsible for credit-card fee (2.5% fee) not owner. Remaining deposit will be credited to tenant credit-card.
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Top story is taken up with master bedroom suite
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- King size beds (1) Master bedroom, with wet-bar, and computer area., Queen size Beds (2) 2 Guest bedrooms with queen-size beds, Twin or Single Beds (4) 2 twin beds--trundle beds underneath with mattresses., Baby Cribs (1) Portable in closet in guet bedroom, Bunk Beds (2) With ladder in dorm room...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Parking Off Street:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Enjoy a sunrise overlooking Tampa Bay and a picture-perfect Florida sunset all in a day…unbelievably beautiful.... No need to leave the island to find fun and relaxation. The island is only 7 miles long and no more than a few blocks wide which leaves you with sounds of waves and visions of the sunset from every location. Enjoy a day at the beach, read your book, and get an ice-cream cone at the cafe on the beach. Walk along pristine beaches and dine in award-winning restaurants. Enjoy fresh grouper sandwiches on a pier and sip wine while enjoying live music. Shop in specialty shops and boutiques all along the island. The Free Trolley will to take you where you want to go. The friendly environment and endless activities will keep you coming back for more. Hop aboard and experience island paradise!!!! . The island is known as a vacation favorite among local, national and international travelers. Discover what’s awaiting you – Your Piece of Paradise, 'An Island Under the Sun.'...moreless
- Video Game Console:
- Video Games:
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Broadband Access
- Computer Available
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Porch / Veranda:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Kayak / Canoe
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Pier Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Anna Maria Island is a beautiful quiet island, with 7 miles of white sandy beaches, and the most beautiful sunsets you've ever seen..The amazing thing about the island, is how it maintains its 'small town' atmosphere. There are no towering high rise condos and/or apartments on the island. Winding, narrow streets are framed with tropical trees and plants. Sea oats sway quietly in the gentle Gulf breeze. The island's 3 cities provide access to spectacular beaches and tons of outdoor activities. People are very friendly. There is a Free Trolley that travels the length of the island from 6:00AM-11:00PM, and is fun to ride. It can take you to island shops, awesome seafood restaurants, rustic fishing piers, ice cream shops, grocery stores, churches and more. There are numerous activities and fun things to do--to list a few: fishing, snorkeling, diving, surfing, para-sailing, bike riding and shelling. There are canoe, jet-ski, moped, and even 'Zegway' rentals. Nature can be enjoyed at its best walking the shell-lined shores, watching tropical birds and other island wildlife .There are parks in the area, including Myakka River State Park, and DeSota National Park. There are fishing charters, kayak outfitters, and even fruit farms nearby. There are numerous local attractions, should you tire of the sun, and need a 'rainy day' to catch up. There's Mote Marine Aquarium, Bishop Planetarium/Museum, Ringling Museum of Art, the Island Playhouse Theater, The Dali Museum, and Marie Selby Gardens, with it's beautiful orchid displays, and tropical plants.. You will find major attractions in neighboring cities including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, and Disney World. The M LB team, the Tampa Rays play at Tropicana field in St Petersburg. There are more than 50 golf courses nearby. If you'd like to improve your game, the internationally famous David Leadbetter Golf Academy, Nick Boliterie Tennis Academy and IMG Academy are all located in Bradenton . The island is very 'laid-back' and offers so many wonderful accommodations. Come for the sunset, but stay for the sunrise,...Anna Maria Island is a special place, that will reach out to your heart...you won't want to leave... ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We just spent a week at this house with extended family and had a wonderful time. The location could not be beat for the price we paid. We rent a large home on Anna Maria once or twice each year for our extended family and we will definitely be back to this home. Everything is just as pictured on the site and the home is very clean and well maintained in comparison to others we have rented in the past. I love dealing directly with the owner and she was extremely helpful in answering my questions promptly and efficiently. We expecially loved using the large beach canopy at the beach each day. It was also nice that the home had bicycles, boogie boards and plenty of beach towels, chairs, and anything else we needed for our beach days. We highly recommend this home to anyone wishing to be close to the beach.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 07/31/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
Manager response: Thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful Island home. We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay and hope that you may return to enjoy a slice of our paradise again. It is a pleasure sharing our home with people that appreciate & love the beach! Thank you for your wonderful review. We feel our home and location on the Island is the BEST and enjoy it anytime we can!
We arrived Christmas Day, with our 3 grown sons and their wives. The house was beautifully decorated, and had all the amenities we could have wished for. It was clean and spacious. Debi called us the day after we got in, just to make sure everything was as we had expected. The master suite was especially nice, and situated on its own floor! The wifi was convenient, but there was also a computer available for our use. There were enough beach towels for everyone. The kitchen was well equipped, and the walk to the beach took about 1 minute. The washer and dryer were in frequent use, and there was a nice selection of reading material--both for pleasure and for information. There were also board games and puzzles (necessary, since we experienced a couple of rainy days). Several days into our trip, one of the young couples left, and my 80+ parents joined us. The elevator was a blessing for my mother, who does not climb stairs easily. I would highly recommend this house for families travelling together, family get-togethers, etc. We enjoyed the laid back feel of the island, but the proximity to attractions in the Tampa area. We loved our daily walks on the beach, though the water was too cold to enjoy. We would happily return to this home again and again.
- Guest Happy Camper (Littleton, CO)
- Date of stay 12/25/12
- Review Submitted 04/01/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, adventure seekers.
New Jersey Travelers in Love with the Island...Guest comment entered by manager
New Jersey Travelers in Love with the Island...
"Heavenly" is the best word to describe our stay in your beautiful home. This was the perfect way to begin my husband's retirement. The view from the master suite was spectacular where we enjoyed so many awesome sunsets. We take with us so many warm and wonderful memories as we leave. Please let us know when we can plan to return.
- Guest Lori & Rich G. from New Jersey
- Date of stay 02/01/02
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
Back Again and a fantastic week....Guest comment entered by manager
Back Again and a fantastic week....
We keep coming back....3rd time we've had the pleasure to stay at your lovely house. My family and I had such a great time; plenty of fun, sun, and just plain family time together. Your home combined with this beautiful Island provided for much needed time and relaxation. It has been a fantastic week. We are about to depart, and are having a difficult time, even walking out to the car now. We so appreciate your hospitality and friendship always. Your house and scenery is gorgeous. Thanks for the great memories.
- Guest Lisa & Warren W. & family from Sefner, FL
- Date of stay 07/22/01
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
Snow Birds from North CarolinaGuest comment entered by manager
Snow Birds from North Carolina
We can sum up our stay in a few words : "We love large open rooms with high ceilings, more windows than walls, special places for naps & books... We love the porch swing, laughing gulls, and sounds of surf...we love walks on the beach, music in every rooms, grilling grouper, & cracking claws..we love sunsets, moon rises, & rainy day excuses..and we found it all here..." This is a wonderful place...Our 2-month stay flew by much too quickly. Thanks so much and look forward to coming back to the Island.
- Guest Pat & Robert T from Cedar Mountain, North Carolina
- Date of stay 12/17/02
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
Beach Paradise in MayGuest comment entered by manager
Beach Paradise in May
This home was perfect for our needs. The owner was very accommodating and helpful! Our grand-kids keep asking when we are coming back and I hope sooner then later!" The "perfect home" away from home!! We have stayed in this house several times now, and want to keep coming back every year. With all the room in the house it is the perfect choice for our family reunions.
- Guest Mike & Diane from Bradenton, FL
- Date of stay 05/30/11
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
Beautiful Vacation Home!!Guest comment entered by manager
Beautiful Vacation Home!!
What can we say...was hard for us to leave!!! The weather was quite warm but expected for July. Our favorite adventures included para-sailing, walking on the beach searching for shells, and taking the ferry to Egmont Key. Your home was lovely, and the close walk to the beach was fantastic--we all loved the island, and enjoyed our stay very much. It was a wonderful opportunity for our 2 families to be together and have all of this room to enjoy! Loved the deck and porch swing, along with Oma's pizza. So many restaurants near by with great food! Hoping to come back soon! We enjoyed our stay so much and time went way to fast...
- Guest The Blooms & Bartus Bunch from Tennessee
- Date of stay 07/14/12
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
We leave feeling Refreshed & Ready!!Guest comment entered by manager
We leave feeling Refreshed & Ready!!
Can't "thank-you " enough for allowing us to stay in your lovely home for a true "Island Retreat." My family and I had a much needed opportunity to spend quality time together--now a days is so hard to do with all the normal pressures of work, home and school. We leave today feeling refreshed and ready to take on whatever surprises life may have for us upon our return to our hectic lives & schedules. The sunsets were outstanding, and the area and location is really one of a kind...I thought places like this only exist in movies, and it has been a dream come true to stay here...would love to come back... May God Bless you & your family always. Warm Regards.
- Guest Patrick, Mercy, & Bryan S from Tampa, FL
- Date of stay 10/21/01
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
Best Place to Celebrate our 1st Anniversary!!Guest comment entered by manager
Best Place to Celebrate our 1st Anniversary!!
Can't thank you enough to allow us to stay in your lovely home again, and this time for our first wedding anniversary week! It was such an incredible relaxing week with beautiful weather, and all the comforts of home. We can't imagine a better way to celebrate. Thanks again for allowing us to stay, opening up your home and hearts to us, so we could do nothing but enjoy!!
- Guest Stacey & John C from Tampa, FL
- Date of stay 05/10/98
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
Want to come back & stay on The Island...Guest comment entered by manager
Want to come back & stay on The Island...
We have enjoyed our stay here tremendously. It was a great introduction for my husband's retirement, and pure pleasure for me too. Your home is light, open, and easy to care for. It has every convenience we could have imagined, and a few we didn't even think of!! The perfect location was only a block away from my sister. We really hate to leave...we will miss morning walks, bike rides, sitting on the porch swing, going to the beach, entertaining good friends & family in such a delightful setting. We hope to come back soon. Thanks so much!
- Guest Sue & Jerry H. from Indianapolis, IN
- Date of stay 02/15/99
- Review Submitted 12/10/12
Home is not rented week-ends, but weekly or monthly only Summer rates: May/June/July/August/September 2012-2013....$2600 per week Fall :October/November 2012/13....... $2400 per week Winter: December to April 30th 2013-2014 $2800 per week or $6500 per mo Security/Reservation Deposit $1000, Plus Tax 11.5%, Cleaning fee $185.00 ** Holiday Rates--Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas July 4th Weeks ..$3200 per week Rent monies due 30 days before arrival date. Minimum stay-7 nights
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Sarasota Airport (18 mi) TPA Tampa (52.37 mi.) at Holmes Beach
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 64 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Manatee County Beach at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Hurricane Hanks, Decoy Ducks, Sand Bar at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Beach Bistro- 5 star restaurant nearby at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Arnold Palmer, Golf Digest **** Star, Legacy Golf at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Lobstahs, Oyster Bar, Water Front, Beach House at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1996
About: My husband and I are in our late 50's. He is a physician and myself a registered nurse. We have four college and graduate age sons that range between the ages of 23-29. We built our vacation home when our sons were young, and have had some memorable times and wonderful summer vacations, shared with extended family and friends. Our sons love to hunt,fish, and do just about any outdoor activity. We also have a VAIL TIMESHARE for week-Jan. 12-19 2013 only. Usually rents for $3000.00 (Vail Run Resort) Will negotiate rent down if interest--contact me for information. Had last minute cancellation.
Why Holmes Beach:
Anna Maria Island is very special too us--many family members live in the area. Florida's west coast sugar sand beaches are very often ranked as the top beaches in the world by most travel magazines. Family oriented and easy to get to, Anna Maria beaches are affordable destinations for making perfect vacations and 'perfect' memories--whether you want to hunt for sea-shells, fish, or just unwind..can't think of a better location...
The Unique Benefits at this House:
There are numerous activities and fun things to do--to list a few: fishing, snorkeling, diving, surfing, para-sailing, bike riding and shelling. There are canoe, jet-ski, moped, and even 'Zegway' rentals. Nature can be enjoyed at its best walking the shell-lined shores, watching tropical birds and other island wildlife .There are parks in the area, including Myakka River State Park, and DeSota National Park. There are fishing charters, kayak outfitters, and even fruit farms nearby. There are numerous local attractions, should you tire of the sun, and need a 'rainy day' to catch up. There's Mote Marine Aquarium, Bishop Planetarium/Museum, Ringling Museum of Art, the Island Playhouse Theater, The Dali Museum, and Marie Selby Gardens, with it's beautiful orchid displays, and tropical plants.. You will find major attractions in neighboring cities including Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, and Disney World. The M LB team, the Tampa Rays play at Tropicana field in St Petersburg. There are more than 50 golf courses nearby. If you'd like to improve your game, the internationally famous David Leadbetter Golf Academy, Nick Boliterie Tennis Academy and IMG Academy are all located in Bradenton . The island is very 'laid-back' and offers so many wonderful accommodations. Come for the sunset, but stay for the sunrise,...Anna Maria Island is a special place, that will reach out to your heart...you won't want to leave... Other Information Anna Maria Island's charm lies in its congenial air of unhurried tropical living and its easy-going inhabitants. Don't be surprised if you see movie stars trying to hide from it all, like the rest of us. * Did you know that there were several movies filmed here? 'Palmetto' starring Woody Harrelson, 'Out of Time' starring Denzel Washington, and 'Perfect Storm' starring George Clooney.
- Primary: 352-238-8056
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
House facing East.
Deck area on west side of house.
Open area with living room,dining room & kit--tall ceilings & lots of windows.
Beautiful Keystone coral fireplace in living room area.
Beautiful kitchen with granite, updated cabinetry and appliances.
Master bedroom suite with wet-bar & computer area.
Master bedroom with elevated floor area under king-size bed-windows all around.
Master Bathroom-Jacuzzi jetted tub.
Guest room looking out to patio area.
Bathroom off dorm room--2 shower-heads in shower.
Large bathroom off dorm room--tub & shower separate.
Dining Room Area
Master bedroom fireplace.
Master bedroom sitting area. Privacy patio off north side overlooking deck area.
Master Bathroom-jacuzzi tub & shower.
Guest bedroom #2 with Queen-size bed.
Guest bath between 2 guest rooms with queen-size beds.
Dorm Room with bunk beds, twin beds and trundle under each. Great room for kids.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, August 07, 2013