The Perfect Mountain Getaway! Backs up to Area 48 for All You Hunters!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Black Lake apartment description
Our 900 squarefoot apartment is beautiful and spacious with an open concept. It's also new!! We added it on to our home in 2011. The entrance to the apartment is separate from the rest of the house. The apartment is attached, only by walls, not doors. Please note it is located on the second floor.
The great room is open to the full kitchen that has everything you'll need, pots, pans, dishes, glasses, utensils, dish towels, coffee pot, toaster, blender and dishwasher.
The bedrooms are on either side of the bathroom. One of the bedrooms has a full size bed and a set of bunk beds. The other bedroom has a queen size bed. Basically a room for the kids and a room for the adults. All of the linens, pillows and blankets provided.
The bathroom has a shower/tub combo and single sink vanity. All of the towels are provided. Just bring your personal items, including toiletries.
You have your own, private deck where you can sit outside at a table with chairs or on the glider.
Feel free to play horseshoes or basketball in our back yard. We also have a 'club house' and trampoline that our son will share.
We are a kid friendly property. We ask that you leave your animals at home.
- 900 sq. ft.
- On floor 2
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 1 full bath with tub.
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Clothes Dryer:
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Tubing
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Whitewater Rafting
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- The property is located in Black Lake...We are located 15 minutes outside of the Angel Fire Resort; 45 minutes from Taos; 45 from Red River & 1 hour from Las Vegas New Mexcio. Needless to say, there is a lot to do around Northern New Mexico! Summer Time: In Angel Fire you can golf on our PGA rated golf course; go to our country club which is open to the public and includes 2 restaurants, a bar/grill a gym and pool. On the Resort's mountain you'll find downhill mountain biking; the longest zipline in New Mexico; hiking; and chair lift rides. Just down the road you can go to Taos and enjoy the Taos Pueblo, gambling, local shops and White Water Rafting on the Rio Grande River. Red River is a very cute town with ton of shops. Eagle Nest and the Eagle Nest Lake is close by with excellent fishing. Fall: Watch the aspen trees change colors and feel the cool air sneak in....then hunting begins! Our property is 2 blocks (as the crow flys) from 'Area 48'. This is New Mexico state land and perfect for elk, deer and turkey season. From our property there is very easy access. We welcome hunters! Winter: We sled, ski, snowboard, snowmobile, snowshoe, cross country ski, make snowangels and sit by the warm fireplace! You'll be able to find hills and make trails almost anywhere...have fun! Spring: Watch the forest come to life! Flowers bloom, snow melts and birds come home. We can't wait to meet you, come stay with us!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Family of 5
Family of 5
This property offered us a perfect weekend! Our 3 kids had lots of land to explore, a kid- friendly yard, private accomodations, VERY friendly dogs who loved my kids! The inside was clean, spacious and beautiful. Fireplace, wood floors, cozy living room, full, up-dated kitchen. Very friendly owners, beautiful location, very quiet! "best vacation ever!"
- Guest Sue (Albuquerque)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 11/12/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Manager response: Thank you so much!! We really enjoyed having you here. Are you planning a ski trip yet?
Apartment was as advertized. Hosts were fantastic. Everything was clean and neat and ready to go. Plan to stay again and would recommend to anyone. Easy acces to unit 48 for hunting. About 10 minutes to Angel Fire. Our experience with this property was great.
- Guest Docolade (roswell, new mexico)
- Date of stay 10/04/13
- Review Submitted 10/09/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Manager response: Thank you so much for this great review!! We can't wait to see you next year!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 5 - Dec 12, 2013
2 night min stay
Dec 13 - Jan 5, 2014
2 night min stay
Jan 6 - Feb 28, 2014
2 night min stay
Mar 1 - Mar 31, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
If you are coming during the ski season, you ABSOLUTELY need 4 wheel drive.
The deposit will be returned to you after your stay and after the property is inspected, showing there are no damaged or stolen items.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Cleaning Fee: $75
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Albuquerque is the nearest major airport. at 160 Miles
- Nearest Train: Las Vegas, New Mexico at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 434 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: In the Village of Angel Fire at 10 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Angel Fire Ski Resort at 10 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Angel Fire Country Club at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: In the Village of Angel Fire at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About: My husband and I met in Angel Fire about 15 years ago. We started our family and our business Dale Jackson Custom Building 10 years ago. We build houses, do remodels, decks, additions....just about anything involving a hammer! We are honest, good people. What you might like to know is that our family includes 2 outside kittys, 2 fish and 2 crazy, fun loving dogs!
Why Black Lake:
Our apartment is far enough out of town to give you even more of a mountain feel. It's quiet, minus the coyotes howling, the owls hooting and the sounds of elk bugle! You are able to park your toys are our house and no one will bother them. If your hunting and you need to park the 4 wheelers or extra vehicles, it's not a problem. We enjoy the outdoors just as much as everyone else....we know it comes with a lot of extras!
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Our apartment is located on the second floor, it is one flight up...just incase you don't do stairs! When you rent our property, you can relax! We are out of town and love it!
Links to more information:
As you can see, there is plenty of natural sun light! This is the living room.
Full kitchen with microwave, fridge, dishwasher, stove, toaster & blender!
Behind the closet doors, there is stacked washer/dryer.
The "kids" room. 1 Full and 1 set of twin bunk beds.
The set of twin bunk beds, linens, blankets and pillows provided.
Single sink vanity.
The Vietnam Memorial is close by.
The chair lift at Ange Fire Resort. Your can ride it in the summer & winter.
The living room has a sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman, propane fireplace and TV
The great room, pictured all together. We have wood and tile floors.
Queen size bed; all of the linens, blankets and pillows are provided.
The full bed, linens, blankets and pillows provided.
Full bath, towels provided.
Very cozy and ready for you!!
Black Lake! This meadow is where Lonesome Dove was filmed, about 1 mile away.
Enjoy the Angel Fire Shovel races every February!!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, October 04, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Tell us your travel details and get an instant price quote from Heather Stewart