Secluded, Peaceful, Yet Easy Access to Sf and Bay Area..
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Half Moon Bay estate description
This home was designed and built for our family with help of an architect to create a sense of being indoors/outdoor to maximize the unique setting. It's full of light with lots of windows to take advantage of stunning ocean/mountain views from every room. The 'heart' of our home is the large Kitchen overlooking dining room, family room and living room so that the 'chef(s)' are never left out, and the family and guests are never too far from the kitchen which features abundant granite counter space, maple cabinets, 2 sinks with disposal, 2 dishwashers, professional quality 6 burner gas stove, large oven, warming oven, and completely stocked with dishes and utensils. We have built in speakers throughout, family room has a fireplace and a large flatscreen TV; Living Room looks out to large lawn and patio area; Master suite has gas fireplace, flat screen TV, built in speakers, and master bath has two person tub, separate shower built for two and heated floor. All the floors are either hardwood floor or tile...
* owner/ manager available on site
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- King size beds (1) In Master Bedroom, Double Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Gas Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Wood Fireplace
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Music Library
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Video Games
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Location & View
- Water View
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Climbing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Quiet, private, and secluded, yet comfortably within easy reach of fantastic local amenities offered by the quaint town of Half Moon Bay with many outstanding restaurants and shops to the south, and the great city of San Francisco to the north (appx 20 miles) with endless number of restaurants, museums, Golden Gate Park, shopping, Angel Island, Alcatraz, concerts, ballet, opera and much more. Half Moon Bay and the surrounding peninsula communities host a great many accessible and well-kept beaches along with great hiking/mountain biking/horseback riding trails right out the door with spectacular views of the entire San Francisco bay from the peak of Montara Mountain. Travel + Leisure Golf Magazine has named the Half Moon Bay Golf Links/Ritz-Carlton resort a 'World's Best Golf Resort,' offering 36 holes overlooking the Pacific Ocean, located within nine miles from the house. Only four miles from Princeton Harbor and Mavericks. The harbor/marina provides an abundance of activities such as kayaking, surfing, boat rentals, deep-sea fishing, and diving. The world-famous Mavericks surf break annually holds one of the biggest big-wave surfing competitions in North America, and can be accessed from the harbor or by hiking along beautiful coastal bluffs. Picturesque small town of Pescadero is a beautiful 25 minute drive to the south down the coastal highway, with Duarte's Tavern (the artichoke soup and pies are fantastic!) and Harley Farms, a goat farm (open to public) that sells its gourmet cheeses all over the world. Further south down the coastal highway are Santa Cruz and Monterey, offering another bounty of aquatic activities, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Ideal setting for an intimate company 'off-site' meetings, retreats and 'girls weekend'... ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Secluded, peaceful, and wonderfully beautiful!
Secluded, peaceful, and wonderfully beautiful!
We had the good fortune to use this wonderful home for a west coast gathering of our east coast family during the Thanksgiving holiday. The setting is spectacular - with the hills behind and the Pacific to the west. It is at the end of a small road - all by itself in very peaceful surroundings. The house is well-appointed with an expansive kitchen, great appliances, and everything we needed to prepare a great feast. The beach walks below are a short drive and the place is incredibly accessible to downtown San Fransisco. We hope to return!
- Guest Bud R.
- Date of stay 11/22/12
- Review Submitted 12/01/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you Bud for your lovely review! So glad you enjoyed your holiday with your family at my home. Will look forward to your next visit!
Stayed at this pristine vacation rental for two nights. Nestled in the coastal mountains, adjacent to Montara Mountain hiking trails with ocean views too! Interior of the house is open and airy with views of the dramatic scenery. Privacy, seclusion and peaceful abode, only minutes from shopping, great restaurants, and beaches. Rooms are spacious and simply elegant. Completely upgraded kitchen, bath and laundry make this a completely comfortable experience.
- Guest sumo (New Mexico)
- Date of stay 07/14/12
- Review Submitted 08/12/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Holidays rates: Contact owner for rates for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year.
Rate is based on 5 guests, generally there will be $100 per guest added to per night rate with exception of children under 8 months.
Maximum of 8 guest with exceptions to be verified with the owner
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco Airport (SFO) at 19.5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: San Francisco at 27 Miles
- Nearest Train: Millbrae at 19.5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Cabrillo Hwy (CA-1) at 1.25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Montara State Beach at 1.25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Half Moon Bay Golf Links at 10.9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: La Costanera at 1.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: I am a Real Estate Broker and my office is located in Half Moon Bay. San Mateo Coast has been our home for more than 35 years. Growing up in Kansas, I figured I found a piece of heaven!
Why the Owner Chose Half Moon Bay:
My husband and I moved to the San Mateo Coast, (Moss Beach) in 1976 and we found this 2 acres of land surrounded by most amazing views of Montara Mountain to the north, flower fields below, and ocean views to the south. It was our 'dream home' site on which we built this home over the course of 12 years with attention to every detail and doing our best to maintain the integrity of our magnificent surrounding.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
It's a place where I think we 'have it all', close to the most spectacular city, San Francisco and all that it has to offer, yet away from all the 'hustle and bustle' with clean air, surrounded by mountain and ocean with all the comfort and security of living in a small town.
- Primary: +1 650-799-7525
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Ritz Carlton Resort and Golf Course appx 9 mi away.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, August 09, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.