Still Available for the Week of Christmas
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Seaside cabin description
A cute, romantic, rustic cabin in a peaceful wooded setting on a pond and creek located 2 miles south of Seaside and 3 miles north of Cannon Beach, just a half mile off of Hwy 101 on a 5 acre property with a 30 foot yurt rental below. The yurt is more like a cabin on the inside. You can see pictures of it on VRBO, listing #371775.
This was the house I grew up in as a child. It has been remodeled in the past couple of years by yours truly. It is now a rustic cabin with white pine tongue and groove throughout. Still a work in progress needing trim work and a few other projects.The house has 3 bedrooms, 1 with a king log bed, another with a queen log bed and the other with 2 queen platform beds. There are also camping pads and 2 couches for extra sleeping arrangements.
The living room has leather furniture, a flat screen T.V. with cable and D.V.D. player. There is also Wi Fi.
There is only 1 large bathroom at this time but it has a shower and a tub. There are plenty of towels, shampoo and conditioner, soap and toilet paper are all provided.
There is a large kitchen with hickory cabinets and pebble tile backsplash and brand new appliances. The kitchen is fully furnished with everything you would need as far as pots, pans, utensils, dinnerware, mixing bowls, storage bowls, coffee pot, blender, mixer, food processor,griddle, toaster,large microwave and even a beverage cooler.
There is a new 17x70 cedar deck that overlooks the pond and the creek runs directly beside the house. The yurt and cabin are far enough apart that you still have your privacy but can be rented together if you have larger groups, family reunions,birthday parties,barbecues, etc...The pond is not fenced off at this time just so you know if you have small children.
There is a firepit and large propane bbq's at both rentals and firewood is included between March and October.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a leash or under voice command due to other renters at the neighboring property.
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 8-12
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Living Room seats 7:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Stove:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Freshwater Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Basketball Court
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Fitness Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Duty Free Shops
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Cullaby and Coffenbury Lakes are great for fishing, boating or swimming. Young's River Falls are a beautiful site and short drive through the country. Great place to spend a hot summer day or to have a picnic, in late September/early October hundreds of salmon are spawning there, its pretty cool to see. Short Sands Beach and Ecola state park offer hiking trails. You can go out to Hamlet if you want to go off road on the gravel roads to ride quads, go four wheeling or look for deer and elk. Some great elk viewing in the fields on the way into town, also Jewell Wildlife Meadows is about 25 miles away. There are great places in town to eat. Some of my favorites are Bigfoots Steakhouse at the first light, McKeown's on Broadway and Guido and Vito's the next block up on Broadway. If you are going to Cannon Beach I recommend The Driftwood Inn, Bills Tavern, (great fish and chips) or the Rotisserie Grill. Wayfarer is fancy and ocean front but I think over priced and you leave still hungry. For drinks I recommend Bigfoot bar, Mary is a great bartender and make a killer root beer float!!! U street Pub at the 1st light and take a left, Rachael works there, she is very friendly, entertaining and sociable, my friend Jen works at Creek side Pizza and the ever so beautiful Wendy works downtown at Twisted Fish where they sometimes have live music but mostly karaoke. Dundee's Bar and Grill has great pizza but I think the best in town is Pizza Harbor. Dundee's and Angelina's are the only ones that will deliver to the cabin and yurt though. As far as sports bars the Relief Pitcher Tavern has big screens and a friendly atmosphere and the best tuna steak sandwich ever, its yummy! Dundee's is a sports bar as well as Beach n Brew and Beach Club, you will also find the games on at The Rotisserie Grill at the 1st Cannon Beach exit. I would like to mention though that if you come back from town after dark really watch for the elk on the straight stretch between Circle Creek Campground and the Relief Pitcher Tavern as they love to cross there pretty much nightly and they are very fast and usually at a dead run. Downtown the kids will love the huge arcade and a little bit further up Broadway is the bumper cars and the Tilt a Whirl. Lots of tourist shopping on the main strip, as far as our factory outlet mall to be honest with you it sucks. Spend another 2 hours and make a day trip and go to Lincoln City, theirs is awesome. You can check out the Tillamook Cheese factory and the Blimp base on the way. Lincoln City also has a casino called Chinook Winds if you want to try your luck....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Best Rental Experience Ever
Best Rental Experience Ever
I arrived at the cabin after a 14 to 15 hour drive from Utah, and found this lovely place with wine and bath salts waiting for me.Jodi really did think of everything, and was very easy to get in touch with any time I needed anything.the first night I was there the frogsenoughed beautifully all night long.twice during our stay we had deer come right up next to the cabin where we were able to take pictures of them right through the living room window.I love being in a quiet private place but still near all the attractions of the beach and shopping.Oregon has a great many beautiful places to stay at, but my family and I had such a great time at Laurel lodge that we plan on coming back over and over again.the only thing that my family wanted for his curtains on the windows. Its very private and nobody would have seen us even without curtains, but it made my parents a little sketchy at night. however it was easily remedied (black bags draped down after dark). I've never felt so well taken care of in a rental. Can't recommend it enough.
- Guest Elizabeth L. (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 11/04/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, pet owners.
Owner response: Thanks so much Elizabeth. You guys were awesome renters. Your husband even checked out my computer and got me back online. That was so sweet for him to do that on your vacation. Glad you like Oregon and hope you do come back every year. I know Cannon Beach holds special childhood memories for you. When you come for 2 weeks it gives me a break and then maybe I can go on vacation myself:) I will soon have shades on the windows but will put up curtains for the winter until then. I don't like staying there at night with no shades either so I totally understand how your parents feel. I just never watch a scary movie by myself. LOL Got a few more projects in the works this spring. I will send you pictures when I complete them. Congratulations on your new pregnancy. Enjoy your holidays and take care.
love the cabin
love the cabin
we fell in love with this cabin so nice. you really only need to bring food all else is there for you.. can not say thank you enough for the lone of your beautiful cabin. just need to add a wheel chair ramp and i bet you would get way more return guess...
- Guest bill (portland, oregon)
- Date of stay 09/02/13
- Review Submitted 09/10/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, people with disabilities, sightseeing, age 55+, pet owners.
This is one of the nicest rentals I have stayed at in a long time. We rented this one for a busy Seaside weekend, with 10 people. Being on the beach was not a priority, it was having a place to stay with all of us together and not having to worry about disturbing any neighbors. This is the perfect house for that. And the owners keep the house incredibly clean, and have thought of every detail. The kitchen is incredibly stocked and even has a separate beverage fridge! The owner was nearby if we needed anything, but stayed out of site and gave us our privacy. Although the house is not on the beach, it is in a private location, close enough to downtown Seaside, but also away from the traffic, and also a close trip to Cannon Beach. We already have this house booked for our next visit!
- Guest Juliette S.
- Date of stay 08/23/13
- Review Submitted 08/26/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet owners.
Owner response: Thank you so much Juliette for leaving the cabin in such great shape and for starting a load of laundry. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves and liked the cabin. You are all welcome back anytime, looking forward to next year Hood to Coast, got it reserved for you :)
This is My Favorite Rental
This is My Favorite Rental
I started out staying in the Bear's Den Yurt and just love it. Then when I had more people I moved to the Laurel Lodge. The owner puts lots of love into the place. I have always wanted a place at the beach that has a mountain feel. The decorations are beautiful. Supplying bath salts is so considerate. Everything is soft. The beverage refrigerator is great. Beautiful surroundings. Love the huge deck. I can't decide which I like better the yurt or the house. Wonderful getaway for family and pets. Very well supplied. Can hardly wait for my next visit.
- Guest Shirley (Tacoma, WA)
- Date of stay 09/10/12
- Review Submitted 07/11/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing, pet owners.
Owner response: Thanks Shirley, you are a great renter and welcome anytime. Hope your doing well and have some vacation time coming up:) Miss seeing you.
This cabin is AMAZING. Well designed, wonderful layout and probably the cleanest rental I have ever been in. The owners thought of everything from excellent towels to great kitchen tools. The love and attention put into this cabin was so effortless it really added to a comfortable stay. I loved how it was decorated and how functional everything was. The cabin was easy to find and very convenient to get to everything we wanted to see in Seaside. This is now a new family favorite coastal rental.
- Guest mamberson (Portland)
- Date of stay 08/31/12
- Review Submitted 09/10/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet owners.
DECEMBER - FEBRUARY $100 WEEKDAYS,$125 WEEKENDS BASED ON 2 PEOPLE 2 NIGHT MINIMUM FOR WINTER, EXTRA PEOPLE $10 PER NIGHT,PER PERSON $75 CLEANING FEE MARCH, APRIL, MAY WEEKDAYS $125, WEEKENDS $150 PER NIGHT BASED ON 4 PEOPLE 2 NIGHT MINIMUM FOR SPRING,EXTRA PEOPLE $10 PERSON,PER NIGHT PLUS $75 CLEANING FEE JUNE,JULY,AUGUST - $200 PER NIGHT PLUS $100 CLEANING FEE BASED ON 8 PEOPLE $10 PER PERSON, PER NIGHT after 8 3 NIGHT MINUMUM IN THE SUMMER AND IF YOU RENT BOTH THE CABIN AND THE YURT FOR A WEEK I WILL GIVE YOU 10 % OFF THE TOTAL,DOGS ARE FREE AND FIREWOOD IS INCLUDED
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Portland airport PDX at 70 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Wesport at 45 Miles
- Nearest Train: Portland at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 101/26 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Seaside at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Relief Pitcher Tavern at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt Hood Timberline Lodge at 90 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Seaside Golf Course at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Big Foot's Steakhouse at 1 Miles
About the owner: This cabin was the old family homestead and since my parents have both passed I decided to turn it into a rustic getaway for all to enjoy. It would have been finished a long time ago but I always have too many projects going on at the same time. I decided to build the yurt below at the same time while working full time at Cannon Beach Property Management. I always have some kind of project in the works. I am a firm believer in if you want something done, do it yourself, where there is a will there is a way. And I should mention too that I had a great brother who is always there when I call him for help.
Why the Owner Chose Seaside:
The property is very close to town and in between both Cannon Beach and Seaside. It is a very peaceful setting with a pond and a creek running directly beside it.deer, raccoon and all sorts of birds frequent the preoperty and you can hear frogs croaking in the pond at night. Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a leash or under voice command. You are welcome to have a bonfire at night and the firewood is included just please set the fire pit on the concrete slab and not on the cedar deck for obvious reasons.There is a large deck for the family barbecue or sunbathing. Great for a friends getaway, girls weekend, family reunion or what have you. If you have a lot of people you can rent the yurt below as well. It is listed on VRBO as well, Listing #371775 and it is not your normal state park yurt, it is nicer than the cabin.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
quiet, secluded, peaceful, serene, relaxing atmosphere for adults and plenty of room for kids and dogs. Great place to get away to think, write, rejuvenate and rekindle. It is romantic with the convenience of the electric fireplace and battery operated candles. Hoping to have a hot tub by winter. There are lots of board games and movies and it is a very cozy family feeling.
- Primary: (503) 440-5637 (Oregon, USA) PLEASE EMAIL INSTEAD OF CALLING
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
well stocked kitchen with large table- has an extra 2 leaves for large group
extra seating room between living room and kitchen area
Supplied towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper, lotion, bath salts
king creek side bedroom - there is no bleach spot on the bedding just a glare.
double queen room with extra camping pads
17 x 70 front deck overlooking the pond and creek with propane BBQ and fire pit.
creek beside the house at the end of the living room.
bonfire pit onsite, firewood included. Please use on concrete slab and not deck
large flat screen and electric fireplace with a curtain to close off the room.
cozy living room with leather couch, loveseat, chair,chaise lounge and ottoman.
living room with large windows, flat screen, electric fireplace and seats 7
tub and shower combo in a large well lit bathroom
cedar shingle siding, new windows, new deck and comfortable Adirondack chairs.
Back comfortable queen bedroom with memory foam topper.
roomy cabin kitchen with hickory cabinets and new appliances, fully furnished.
pond view off the front side of the house and deck
deer, raccoon and lots of birds around the pond and frogs croaking at night.
The dining area has lights that dim for ambience. The table extends to 9 feet.
Young's River Falls is within 12 miles of the cabin and it is gorgeous
living room has large flat screen T.V. with lots of DVD movies and fireplace
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013