Garden Studio 2 Blocks from Pacific Beach
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pacific Beach studio description
At this soulfully unique cottage just 2 blocks from the beach you can expect the following:
-Full kitchen with stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven, and all other necessary dishes & utensils.
- Foam surf boards, wet suits, boogie boards, bicycles, beach chairs, and umbrella INCLUDED for beach use!!!
- Outdoor charcoal bbq for grilling.
- Queen size bed & full kitchen with stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster oven, and all other necessary dishes & utensils in cottage.
- A large armoir to neatly store all your belongings
- Wireless internet and Laptop Computer
-Sound System with Aux option for ipod and mp3
- Affordable surf lessons, yoga instruction, & therapeutic massage available to our guests at great prices
- Laundry facilities on property
- Great restaurants, cafes, yoga studios, grocery stores, retail shops, and of course the beach...just a short walk or bike ride away
- Public transportation (bus) stops regularly all day just 1 block away
-Attentive hosts ready to ensure you have the best experience possible in San Diego!
- 300 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Water Sports Gear:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Bird Watching
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Whale Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- The cottage is conveniently located within walking distance or a short bike ride to a variety of options for dining, outdoor adventure (on the many local beaches or the nearby mountains and desert), as well as and eclectic range of shops. Beautiful Bird Rock and La Jolla, where it is possible to view local sea lions and seals with their pups and even whales seasonally, is only a few miles north, with a charming coast and community threading between. Downtown San Diego is a 10-15 minute drive south, with its renowned harbors, museums and unique culture corners such as Little Italy and the Gas Lamp. Just around the corner from the cottage itself is Pacific Beach which opens up to a sweeping sand beach extending south past Crystal Pier several miles to Mission Bay, where it is possible to charter fishing and whale watching boat or even go out for a sail along Sunset Cliffs to the South or La Jolla north and its mediterranean climate and geography. There are many possibilities for enjoying your stay here at the cottage and exploring the local charm and nature tailored to your tastes and with local knowledge for authenticity!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Better Than We Hoped For
Better Than We Hoped For
This property description was accurate and actually didn't give enough credit for what they offered. Immediately my husband and I were blown away with how beautiful the garden area was and how it felt like we had stepped into a private oasis. The cottage also was above our expectations with the decor and inviting feeling we immediately felt when we entered. Everything was very clean, quaint and comfortable. They even had some fresh fruit and chocolate waiting for us. The couple really thought of everything for their possible guests. They had all the basic necessitates in the kitchen, as well as a water filter in the fridge and some seasonings available too. There was a laptop available for our use, wifi, bbq grill out in the yard, a hammock, two bikes, wet suits, boogie boards, a surf board, and beach items like an umbrella and toys. The couple also had a sheet of expectations that were very reasonable and information that was waiting for us on the desk, along with eateries they suggested in the area. We saw them in passing and they were so friendly and talkative to us. They made a point to make sure we had everything we needed and reminded us to ask them for anything else we might need. The other main selling point was that it was only two blocks from the ocean and everything we needed was also in walking distance! The only downside to our stay was that they were already booked for part of the week we were staying in San Diego, so we had to find additional lodging else where the last two nights. We did hold out though and hoped the other occupants might cancel because we wanted to finish out our week there because we enjoyed it so much. We have already recommended them to our friends if they are heading out to San Diego anytime soon!
- Guest LandA (Tucson, AZ)
- Date of stay 05/19/13
- Review Submitted 05/26/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway.
The cottage is exactly as advertised… charming in its rustic simplicity, impeccably clean. Very welcoming and responsive hosts… couldn't have been easier. Highly recommend tovanyone looking for a cozy and human base in beautiful Pacific Beach..
- Guest Nicholas P.
- Date of stay 04/10/13
- Review Submitted 04/12/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing.
Loved it!Guest comment entered by manager
Robert wrote "The cottage was perfect, we loved it! Walking along the beach and biking the board walk was so easy and was a daily adventure. The restaurants were great and relaxing on the patio made for a totally warm and authentic experience...especially after a surf and then exploring some of the secret local beaches you recommended. Can't wait to come back next year!!"
- Guest Robert
- Date of stay 01/05/13
- Review Submitted 01/20/13
Great location & a relaxing, local experience!
Great location & a relaxing, local experience!
The cottage is bright, airy, fresh, and clean. It opens up into a beautiful garden area that felt a mini tropical paradise surrounded by banana trees & palms. We walked to the beach every day, biked to the bay, and enjoyed a few of the delicious cafes & restaurants nearby (Cafe 976, Woodys on Mission Beach, & Isabel's Cantia were my favorites). We felt like locals! Having the bikes and beach gear included was a HUGE plus. Both Ryder and Michelle were great hosts & very helpful with recommendations on places to check out and items not to miss. We can't wait to come back!!!
- Guest anise (-)
- Date of stay 09/19/12
- Review Submitted 10/08/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
A security deposit of $135 will be taken upon booking (by credit card) and refunded following checkout. Full payment for stay will be taken upon check in ( cash or check preferable).
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: San Diego International Airport at 10 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Mission Bay (The Bahia Belle) at 1 Miles
- Nearest Train: Pacific Surf Liner-Old Town Station at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-5 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Pacific Beach at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Many options within walking distance at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Torrey Pines and Mission Bay Golf Courses at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Many within walking distance at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 1998
About: Both my wife (Michelle) and I (Ryder) are artists, painters, sculptors, poets and travelers. We enjoy bringing our unique experiences and love for creating a meaningful and nurturing home, be it temporary or longterm, to our guests, sharing the best parts of San Diego and our favorite local gems haunts and jaunts.
Why Pacific Beach:
This classic and quaint beach cottage built in the 1940's charms inside and out. The garden that surrounds the property harbors a thriving mix of trees and edible greenery, fruits and veggies depending on the season. Relax in the sun or shade and enjoy that temperate and soothing ocean air or walk a few minutes down the street and delight in the beautiful Pacific....
The Unique Benefits at this Studio:
Beach equipment including bikes, surf and body boards, wetsuits, beach chairs, mats, and umbrellas are all available to guests at their leisure, as well as the highest quality surfing instruction, yoga, or massage, provided by your hosts who are experienced receptive professionals in these areas. An amazing coast and community full of great restaurants and activities is a short stroll or peddle away from our doorstep!!
- Primary: + 8582429040 Call or text and I will get back to you asap.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
A siesta in the hammock is ideal after a surf or bicycle ride up the boardwalk.
Bicycles included with rental!
Our comfortable queen size bed ensures a good nights sleep.
Quaint but clean...
View from the hammock.
2 blocks west (.3 mi) from the Cottage is the lovely Pacific Beach.
3 miles of sand and boardwalk to enjoy to the south.
All you need to cook can be found here.
Ipod/MP3 friendly sound system.
Armoire for storage. Shelving behind door on the right.
Enjoy a fire in the chimanea!
Beach extends 1 mi. north, including rocky tide pools to explore at the far end.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, August 13, 2013