Beautiful Home in Perfect Proximity for Acl, Formula 1, & Sxsw!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Zilker house description
Master Bedroom w/King Size Bed & 1/2 Bath (Shower) Bedroom door opens out to Outdoor Patio and Pool.
Guest Bedroom w/Queen Size Bed. Bedroom have comfortable cotton sheets and down pillows and comforters. Guest Restroom is easy access from all rooms in the home. Kitchen with all accessories, Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, Toaster, Blender, Dishes and Glassware, Flatware, Pots and Pans, etc. The Third Bedroom is at the back of the house, has direct pool access, serves as an office as well as sleep area with (2) bunk beds. All bedrooms have new sheets & pillows.
This room has a Television w/ Cable. The Living Room is Spacious and has a wide open glass view to the Outdoor Patio, Deck Area, & Pool. Living Room has L-Shaped Comfortable Sofa that seats (6), a Cozy Arm Chair, Platform T.V., Stereo System, Indoor & Out. This room also serves as Side Kitchen Seating of (2) with Cozy, Comfortable Adirondack Stuffed Chairs. The Living Room, Master Bath, and 3rd Bedroom all have direct access to the Outdoor Covered Patio, seats (6) & the Pool w/Deck Area, seats (10). Water Lounges are available. Patio and Pool area proved umbrella shade if preferred. Outdoor Grill provided. The Outdoor Patio/Deck/Garden are approximately 1,000 sf and serve as an entire outdoor living area. The area is enclosed w/Cedar Fence and not visible to neighbors. The House also has an open Dining Room from Living Room separated by short wall with tiled Buffet. Dining Room seats (6). Utility Room available with front load Washer & Dryer. All rooms in the house including covered outdoor patio has ceiling fans. Basic amenities are available; distilled water, coffee, tea, sugar, seasonings, oatmeal, butter, jelly, mustard ketchup, mayonnaise, bread, etc. Snacks will be provided such as crackers, potato chips, nuts & cookies. Laundry Soap & Softener are stocked in the utility room. Towels, Wash Clothes & Toilet Paper will be stocked in the Bathrooms. The Front Yard Covered Patio has a Cozy Bench that seats (2). The Yard is manicured with Landscaping and Japanese Maple and Magnolia Tree. Lastly, as this is our permanent residence we will provide ample closet space in all the bedrooms, closet space in the bathrooms and shelf/cupboard space in the kitchen.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
I am a pet lover so pet's are welcome. Austin offers leash free parks within walking distance as well is the Hike & Bike Trail and the Greenbelt. Pets MUST be well behaved and not bark if you leave the dog inside unattended! Pet Owners must pick up after their dogs while walking in the neighborhood, in parks, and our front yard....moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Our house is full of amenities from Kitchen / Bath / Bedroom / Living Room and Dining Facilities. Outdoor amenities at the House include Pool, Picnic Table Area, Covered Patio and Hot Tub. We encourage our guests to use the amenities Responsibly and to keep the house clean at all times. Outdoor Activies are endless....Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle Boarding, Paddle Boat Rentals, Hiking, Biking, Bike Riding (Road & Mountain Bikes) for Street Riding and the Greenbelt., The Barton Springs Natural Spring Water Pool, Parks, Hike and Bike trail around the Lake, Live Music Venues, Restaurants, Pubs & Shopping are ALL WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE!...moreless
- Music Library:
- Shared Hot Tub:
- CD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Outdoor Grill
- Not Necessary
- Rock Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Fitness Center
- Ice Skating
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Sight Seeing
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Miniature Golf
- Located approx 1.1 mile walking distance to Zilker Park, home of Barton Springs Natural Spring Water Pool & Home of the Austin City Limits Festival. Walking distance to Lady Bird Johnson Lake, aka; Town Lake, Paddle Boarding, Sight Seeing, Canoeing, Paddle Boats, Bicycling, Austin Tours, Segway Tours, Live Music venues within walking distance. Sand Volleyball & Park Activities for Children & Adults. Minutes from the Barton Creek Greenbelt, for Mountain Biking, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Swimming & Scenic Walk. Walking distance to downtown, Retail District, Art District, Museum District, Corporate Whole Foods, REI, Coffee, Restaurant District, Spas, Clothing Boutiques and Much More! The '78704' neighborhood is very much South Austin Unique and is known for it's eclectic hip attitude. Antique Shopping is within minutes any Multiple Live Music Venues ~ as Austin in named 'Music Capital of the World. Austin is the Capitol of Texas so tours of the Capitol, Bob Bullock Museum are available. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Just what we needed
Just what we needed
Pictures didn't do it justice, we we're staying there for Austin City Limits Festival and it was perfect distance and easy to get to!! Would definitely rent house again and planning on doing it for next years festival.
- Guest Brian M. (San Antonio)
- Date of stay 10/04/13
- Review Submitted 10/09/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, pet owners, families with young children, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
- Cleaning fee: $200
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Taxes Not included
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Bergstrom International at 11 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Galveston Ferry at 222 Miles
- Nearest Train: Austin Amtrak at 2.3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Mopac - Highway 1 at 2.6 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Galveston at 221 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Saxon Pub at 1.2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Ruidoso, NM at 623 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Barton Creek Country Club at 9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Chuy's at 1.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: I live in the home with my Husband Bruce & our spoiled Border Collie/Lab Mix and Tuxedo Cat. We have been married for (12) year and have no children. My husband is in Sales and I work as a Commercial Real Estate Broker. We are originally from Ohio, I have lived in Austin since '1985' and Bruce moved here in '2000', when we married. We absolutely love Austin! It has a little of everything. Personally, I chose this home for the proximity to downtown, Walking distance to Austin's main park system; Zilker Park, live music, cool restaurants/coffee shops/shopping etc. Too me I live in the coolest zip code in the entire City. As they say, '78704' is not a zipcode but a lifestyle. You will definitely see a little of everything in this area...very ECLECTIC! :)
Why the Owner Chose Zilker:
My property offers every thing for someone who wants to truly Tour Austin simply because its located south central, and within (15) minutes of everything fun and interesting. Largely the proximity to many major Austin events, South by Southwest & Austin City Limits, the well renowned Music Festivals that bring people from all over the Country! The property is in walking distance to water activities, hiking, biking, jogging, paddle boarding, swimming, lake activities, cool restaurants and pubs, frisbee golf, pitch & putt, putt putt, music & food festivals at Auditorium Shores (water front) monthly, within miles from our cool downtown, several walking distance parks are leash free pet friendly and even many restaurant with patio's. Since the Music component is so Popular, you can hear bands play from my outdoor patio/pool area! It is also walking distance to Austin's coolest restaurants, pubs and coffee shops. The house was remodeled in 2009 and is very picturesque. It's entertainment friendly and just scenic and beautiful!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Walking Distance to all of Austin's Major Events, SXSW & Austin City Limits Music Festivals. Home of our new Racetrack, Formula 1. Home of 'Lance Armstrong', therefore many Athletic Events. It's just located in the Mecca of surrounding Downtown. I would be safe in saying that my particular neighborhood is located in the best area of Austin if you are a Music, Restaurant, Pub, Outdoor Enthusiast. It's all within walking distance or if you prefer to drive all within a a couple of miles. I just can't say enough about the Zilker Neighborhood and every thing that you could possibly think to do is right here!
- Primary: + 512-431-6745
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of House at Dusk
Living Room to TV
Living Room to Formal Dining
Guest Bedroom Vanity Area
3rd Bedroom with Bunk Beds
Outdoor area when pool is not open
Outdoor Patio Seating Area
Front of the House at Daytime
Entry from the Front Door
Living Room to Patio
Buffet Counter from Living Room to Dining Room
Master Bath Shower
Guest Bathroom with Shower
TV Capacity in the 3rd Bedroom
Pool Area to Patio
Pool Area outside of Summer
Outdoor Pool/Garden/Patio in 'Off Pool Season'
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, October 14, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.