Beautiful New House - Caribbean Beachfront
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
La Ceiba house description
2700 sq ft home, built in 2011/2012. Double car garage; main floor master bedroom kingsize bed with ensuite and walk in closet; 2 queen bed upper level rooms with a full bathroom (bathtub/shower) between; full kitchen with all kitchen utensils; breakfast bar; dining area; large, bright living room with sliding doors to huge covered patio overlooking the backyard/beach. Stunning views and lovely sunsets from the upper bedrooms and the second floor patio. The view to the South from the glorious front doors is of the Pico Bonito Mountain range.
Air Conditioning and hot water. New, outdoor shower!
- 2100 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Children Welcome
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Living Room seats 5:
- Towels Provided:
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Whitewater Rafting
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Strap into a zipline and enjoy the thrill of stunning mountain and ocean views. Relax in the hot springs (thermales) at either Pico Bonito National Park or at Sambo Creek. Enjoy local or International fare at restaurants small and large, off the beaten path or right on the ocean in la Ceiba. We love the Golden Palace Restaurant for its Chinese food as well as it's ceviche! Party at one of the great open-air bars on the ocean or in town. Places like Expatriados has fun live entertainment regularly. Souvenir Shop at Buen Amigo's where they have a fantastic selection of local pottery (Lenca Pottery) and other locally crafted jewelry, clothing, bags - so much to choose from. Botanical Gardens are located 1.5 hours from la Ceiba near Tela, they are the second largest gardens in the world. Rafting the Rio Cangrejal boasts class III to V rapids depending on the time of year. The world recognized Mayan city of Copan with ruins of 18 dynasties and tunnels under visible temples. It has artisan shops and restaurants in the area. It is 352 km away (approx. 4.75 hours drive). All the stunning joys of the Bay Islands are only a 1.5 hour ferry ride or a 20 minute flight across to Roatan (less for Utila) away. Semana Santa (Easter), Festival (2 weeks in May), and Christmas are the busiest times in la Ceiba, these times are an experience!!!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We stayed at this beautiful house and had a wonderful experience. The house is everything you see in the photos. Our family had the most wonderful and relaxing vacation anyone could hope for. The house is simply stunning. The location is also secure, private and quiet. If you have any questions, the property manager is more than happy to help, gave us suggestions of great places to see around the area as well as how to get to the local grocery store, and to and from the airport easily. Will definitely be recommending this house to friends and family
- Guest MR (Canada)
- Date of stay 08/03/13
- Review Submitted 08/14/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you for visiting our home! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Jody
great home-base for exploring
great home-base for exploring
The house is spacious and clean with great views. The property owner was delightful to work with and the local staff was very hospitable. I would recommend this property for anyone looking for a relaxing home-base from which to explore the surrounding areas.
- Guest pomegranate (Washington, DC USA)
- Date of stay 01/17/13
- Review Submitted 02/03/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children.
This is a very nice place if you are looking for a private getaway where you can cook you own meals,and have your own private beach. The owner was very helpful and easy to work with.
- Guest Aldee (United States)
- Date of stay 11/29/12
- Review Submitted 12/07/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 24 - Jan 2
7 night min stay
Apr 15 - Apr 21
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
A deposit of 50% of the reservation is due to confirm the renter’s reservation. Final payment is due 60 days prior to arrival
Cancellation 60 days prior to the reservation is subject to $100 administration fee. Cancellation under 60 days prior to the reservation is subject to full cost of rental
* Minimum 6 days required to book, full payment required.
* Payments by credit card or wire transfer
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Goloson International Airport at 1.44 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: la Ceiba at 8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Calle 13 at 1.27 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: la Ceiba at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: la Ceiba at 8 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Hello fellow travelers, we are Randy and Jody from Canada! We live in Calgary, AB where Jody was born and raised - where Randy adopted as a home in 1982. We have been married for 16 years and we have two amazing children: Christina is 25 and Ty is 12. We love traveling and seeing as much of the world as we can, we love to get out and meet the local people and are enjoying the challenge of learning Spanish in our newly adopted country. We were very pleased to finish building our dream home: Rocas Rojas, named after the red river rocks that surround our building site and the beach. We were pleased with how homey and comfortable it turned out...while still being up to Canadian and US standards.
Why the Owner Chose La Ceiba:
Our first visit to la Ceiba was 6 years ago and we have gone back almost every year since. We love the people, the culture, the language, and the differences from our home: namely the warmth, the beach, and the ocean! One of my (Jody's) best memories is of the fireflies. In Calgary we don't get fireflies, I have never seen one in my life until we journeyed to Honduras. This property is so close to the airport yet close to the 4th largest city in Honduras.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We loved the fact that the community is gated, that the homes are Caribbean yet Canadian/US. Our favourite part of the house is the wood doors. We love the tile and the staircase hand railing. The house is beautiful and so well located. The local Lenca pottery is very unique and beautiful, I have it through out the house both in Honduras and Canada! This location is very close to the airport and to the city which makes it very easy to get around. A driver can be arranged or you can easily rent a vehicle - we have used both. We hope you enjoy our home away from home!
Links to more information:
Our home! Looks so good with the plants and the new outdoor shower.
Kitchen, breakfast bar and dining area
Living room with new ceiling fan
King size master bedroom
Master bathroom toilet and shower door
Upstairs bedroom #1 - Ty's room. Great shelves for clothes. Access to patio
Upstairs bedroom #2, access to second floor patio and bathroom
Double car garage
View of Pico Bonito mountain
Master bedroom walk in closet
Upper and lower floor view
Fully stocked kitchen, including microwave, coffee maker, kettle and toaster.
Dining area and door to main floor patio
Living room includes TV, DVD and small selection of kids and adult DVD's.
Master bathroom vanity
Master bathroom vanity and Lenca pottery.
Adjoining bathroom upstairs, ocean view from shower!
Second floor patio, where the sunsets are stunning!
Main floor patio, direct access to living room, door access dining and masterbed
New! Stereo system plays DVDs and gets reception for a great station FM 97.2
New plants with the new beautiful gate to the ocean
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 02, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.