Creekside Mill Valley Home in an Ideal Level Location
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Mill Valley house description
Cottage-ranch style split-level home with a fenced front garden featuring a wood deck, lawn area, a custom pond with waterfall and large side slate patio.
On the entry level, there is a contemporary living room with a limestone-surround fireplace; a dining room that seats 8 with double french doors to a rear deck overlooking a seasonal creek (daily visits from deer families are common); a newly updated chef's kitchen with granite slab countertops and a Viking range.
Master bedroom: King bed, en-suite bath
Bedroom 2: Queen Bed (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 3: Double Bed (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 4: Two twin beds (sleeps 2)
The 4th bedroom is quite large but does not have a closet. For long-term guests, this room is ideal as a family room, play room or home office.
For short term guests, a high quality queen air mattress is available which would allow for 4 guests to sleep in the 4th bedroom (utilizing the air mattress, a total of up to 10 guests could be accommodated for short stays).
All rooms are fully furnished and all bed linens and towels are provided. The kitchen is fully equipped with dinnerware, flatware, stemware and cooking items.
Total sq. ft. of living space is roughly 1665 sq.ft.
- 1665 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Linens Provided
- Wood Fireplace
- Parking Off Street
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Mill Valley is just 15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. It's an ideal location for visiting San Francisco, Sausalito, Muir Woods, Stinson Beach and the 'Wine Country' (Napa and Sonoma are both within an easy 1-hour drive). Mill Valley has a small but vibrant town center with a quaint old-town feel. In addition to the many high-end restaurants and shops in 'The Village,' Mill Valley is also home to Marin Theatre Company (professional stage productions), The Throckmorton Theatre (a variety of shows and comedy), The Sweetwater (live music), the Sequoia Theatre (movie theatre) as well as host to the annual Mill Valley Art Festival and the annual Mill Valley Film Festival now in its 36th year. Mill Valley is an ideal locale for outdoor lovers. Mount Tamalpais serves as Mill Valley's backdrop as such, hiking trails abound through scenic redwood forests. In addition, Mt. Tam is a mountain biker's paradise. In fact, early mountain bike enthusiasts pioneered the sport on the mountain. A public swimming pool is located just 3 blocks away at the Homestead Valley Community Center. In addition to Muir Beach & Stinson Beach, Schoonmaker Beach in Sausalito is located just 4.5 miles south (very easy access) and offers kayak rentals thru Sea Trek Ocean Kayaking Center. The beach has views of the Marina, the San Francisco Bay and Belvedere Island. Ferry boat service is available fromTiburon (a 12-minute drive east along E. Blithedale Ave.) and/or Sausalito (a 12-minute drive south on Hwy. 101) for visiting San Francisco or Angel Island. For more information, visit the Mil Valley Chamber of Commerce at www.millvalley.org ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My husband and I decided to move to Mill Valley from southern CA last fall and needed a place to stay while we house hunted. We stayed at the Hawthorne house for a month and absolutely loved it. Chantal and her husband made our stay at the Hawthorne house so easy and comfortable. The house is great - wonderful kitchen, dining area, office area. The house was spotless when we arrived and we had absolutely no issues with it. We even had our own family of deer in the backyard. The location is very central - walking distance to just about everything you need including the charming village square. I would highly recommend this home.
- Guest Tamara (Mill Valley, California)
- Date of stay 09/27/12
- Review Submitted 08/17/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Love the decorGuest comment entered by owner
Love the decor
I love the way you decorated!! We so enjoyed your home. It was our first time on VRBO. I don't think I can go back to renting a hotel.
- Guest Patty
- Date of stay 08/30/12
- Review Submitted 08/17/13
Creekside Mill Valley Home
Creekside Mill Valley Home
We loved out stay. The owners were absolutely wonderful. My brother's family met my family and we all stayed together at the house. We had enough room for 8 people, including kids that ranged from 2 - 18. The house was charming and had everything we needed to give the kids room to play, make meals at home and even watch the deer come in and out of the neighborhood, all while being so convenient to the freeway and yet feeling removed from the big city. I would stay here again. Loved the owners and the home!!
- Guest Patty (Seattle)
- Date of stay 08/29/12
- Review Submitted 07/21/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Excellent Experience, NO complaints
Excellent Experience, NO complaints
Everything was great. Easy to contact, returned emails and voicemails promptly. Met us at the house on our convenience. House was clean, had great amenities. Hard to beat the price and location. Got all my deposit back with a couple days. Everything about my experience was fantastic.
- Guest Al (Portland, OR)
- Date of stay 09/07/12
- Review Submitted 09/14/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, age 55+.
Weekly & monthly rates available - please inquire Cleaning fee of $150 in addition to daily rate (see below) applies Minimum stay: 2 nights Rate: $400/night
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco International at 25 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Sausalito at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 101 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Muir Beach at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: 2AM Club at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe at 180 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Mill Valley Golf Course at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Tamal Pie;Joe's Taco Lounge;Mama's Royal Cafe at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 1996
Why the Owner Chose Mill Valley:
Mill Valley is ideal because of its close proximity to San Francisco (just 5 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge) and its charming historical downtown which is often referred to as 'The Village.' Mill Valley is a great place for enjoying the outdoors (walking, running, hiking and biking) and offers a diverse selection of hip and upscale restaurants as well as unique shops. It's a picturesque area with excellent schools and an open-minded and friendly community. In addition, Mill Valley is just a 1-hour drive to the Wine Country and a 3-hour drive to Lake Tahoe's ski resorts. Many homes in the area are situated on extremely sloped lots that can only be accessed via long, steep, narrow and winding roads. 'Hawthorne House' is two blocks from Miller Avenue which features a Whole Foods Market and a wide variety of restaurants (Joe's Taco Lounge; Tamal Pie Pizza; Mama's Royal Cafe; Sol Food; Super Duper Burger and more).
The Unique Benefits at this House:
There are two local community centers nearby. The Mill Valley Community Center features a full gym as well as indoor and outdoor pools. The Homestead Valley Community Center features an outdoor pool and park.
- Primary: + 415 302-7890
- Secondary: + 415 302-1489
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of house from front garden
Front deck with pond in background
Back with seasonal creek
A Doe with her 2 fawns
Ocean view from Mt. Tam hike
Front garden and deck
Patio, deck and lawn from front door
Pond with waterfall
One of two guest bedrooms
Deer family from back deck
Close-up of the fawns
Redwoods along Mt. Tam hiking trail
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 11, 2013