Durango Modern Home in the Rockies ...7th Night Free
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes house description
Artistic, newly built home, architectural gem with fantastic views of the La Plata Mountains. The house is very private and you can only see 2 houses in the distance. Popular hiking and biking out the front door into the National forest!
Sleeps up to 5, 1 King, 1 Queen, 1 twin sofa in living room. Home is equipped with all amenities including hi-speed WiFi internet, 32' flat screen TV with bluray. There is a washer & dryer. Stereo receiver and speakers. Classic Mac for internet and streaming if you don't have your own laptop. The kitchen has a self cleaning electric range, microwave, dishwasher and full size refrigerator.
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered:
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 1-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Video Library
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Mobile Phone
- Outdoor Grill
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Rock Climbing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Paddle Boating
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- This private residence borders the 6,000 acre Animas Mountain Park with a network of hiking and biking trails through Oak and Ponderosa forest. Take your coffee with you on a morning stroll. Less than a mile up the road is San Juan National Forest and the beginning of the Colorado Hiking Trail, nonstop to Denver. The first 2 miles is a cool arboreal stroll alongside Junction Creek. Then you cross over a footbridge and begin climbing through forests of large Ponderosa on the way to Molas Pass. Just 2 miles downstream is Durango's main street where there is an 8 mile long paved bicycle and walking path along the Animas River. Stop at the fish hatchery to feed the 10 pound trout or check out a book at our new library. The Durango Childrens Museum and skateboard Park are also along the path. Of course we have the spectacular and authentic Durango & Silverton narrow gauge steam railroad and on cool mornings you can hear the whistle from the house. Mesa Verde, Aztec ruins and Chaco Canyon can all be visited on day trips from Durango. You can drive one of America's most scenic highways if you do the 2 day San Juan skyway loop which takes you over Lizard Head Pass to Telluride. Then over the Dallas Divide past Ralph Lauren's ranch in to Ridgway. From there you can stop at the Hot Springs in Ouray and have dinner at the historic Belmont Hotel. Then go over Red Mountain pass into Silverton and on over Molas and Coal Bank pass back into Durango....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Colorado Fall Experience at It's Finest!
Colorado Fall Experience at It's Finest!
My wife and I were thrilled with our vacation rental property just outside of Durango! Just 2.2 miles from downtown Durango and yet we felt as though we were staying in a remote hideaway in the beautiful Colorado mountains. The aspen, cottonwood, and oak trees were bathed in marvelous fall colors and the scenery from the house was spectacular. Jeff was a wonderful host and provided us with as much information as we needed and yet respected our privacy. The home is very comfortable, well appointed, and clean. We told Jeff that we would be back.....that is for sure!
- Guest The WhiffenKirks (Mesa, AZ)
- Date of stay 10/08/12
- Review Submitted 10/16/12
Recommended for: Pet owners, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: Wendy, John and their dog Conner really took advantage of our proximity to some great walking trails. They also gave us some little tune up tips for the house. Now we have clocks by each bed and the right size coffee filters. Mucho importante! We really enjoyed having them and look forward to their return
Very Popular ..spacious and comfortableGuest comment entered by owner
Very Popular ..spacious and comfortable
We were some of the first people to stay here and it's going to be very popular. All the rooms have beautiful views of the mountains ...could not see any other houses and it's only a few minutes from downtown. We walked on the trails behind the house or just up the road every morning and then came back to relax. The upstairs bathroom has a really nice shower.I loved the indoor and outdoor dining areas and the whole house is very spacious and comfortable and it has some great artwork inside. I highly recommend this to anyone!
- Guest Margaret
- Date of stay 08/14/12
- Review Submitted 08/28/12
7th night FREE Long term rates available 2 guests $145, 3 or 4 guests $195, 5 guests $220 50% deposit when making reservation balance due 10 days prior to stay Damage deposit of $400 due when making reservation and will be returned in 5 days after rental ends. Cleaning fee of $75 due with reservation fee..Pets extra $40 Pets need extra deposit of $250. To be returned with damage deposit if no damage. taxes 6.8% Christmas 12/22/2012 - 1/5/2013 $250.00 per night and 5 night required stay.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: La Plata County Airport at 12 Miles
- Nearest Train: Durango Narrow gauge Railroad at 4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 550 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Downtown ...many bars at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Durango Mountain Resort at 30 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Fort Lewis College Golf Course at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Downtown ..many many great restaurants at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: Susan and I are both artists and have built and designed this architectural gem of a building. We've lived in Durango for most of our lives and we enjoy river rafting, biking and hiking and can make recommendations for where to go. The house is furnished with original paintings and sculpture
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
This building is on the same 5 acre lot as our home with about 200 yards between the 2 houses for perfect seclusion. Because we are living onsite we can help with special questions and needs.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The unique benefits of this property are it's closeness to town yet in a very private,wooded setting. The place is very unique, light filled, clean and art everywhere!! The decor is warm modernist.... The home is next to a very popular biking and hiking park right out the front door.
- Primary: 970-259-2122 Do not call before 8am or after 9pm MST
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Modernist architectural gem tucked into a forested hillside, big mountain views
Chrome and tiled full kitchen with big mountain views,well equipped and spacious
Dinning room surrounded with windows for viewing the boulder garden
Living room with leather couch and recliner, flatscreen TV
Master bedroom is spacious room on 3rd floor.
View of the Perrins Peak Perigrine Falcon Refuge area.
View from dinning room...giant boulders!
Curving entryway with concrete and glass accents
Solid maple bar/buffet creates an open floor plan,Classic Mac with wifi internet
Living room with owner artists contemporary paintings.
Upstairs kingsized bedroom suite with custom tiled shower
Queen bedroom with contemporary closet.
Shady outdoor dining behind the house
View from living room of Kennebec Mountain pass and, the foreground cottonwood.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, August 12, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.