Amazing Mountain Views, Luxury Log Cabin at Serenity Point
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Mount Airy cabin description
Luxury 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms log cabin home located on 30 wooded acres near the top of Stott's Knob near Turner Mountain. No neighbors in sight offers privacy. Floor to ceiling windows and stone fireplace greet you in the great room with reclining couches, log furniture tables, gas fireplace, and 52' HD TV with Google TV. Wrap around deck with swinging bench, Adirondack chairs, and hot tub offers relaxing views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Master bedroom with king bed and mountain view, master bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower, and double vanity, and extra large walk in closet. Second bedroom with queen bed and mountain views and full bath nearby with tub/shower. Kitchen has granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and island breakfast bar with 3 stools for a leisurely breakfast or quick lunch. Dining room with large table looks into back patio with terraced garden and waterfall. Outdoor wood fireplace and grill make relaxing easy. Sit around the large patio table under the umbrella and watch the cardinals and other song birds at the garden bird feeder (or hummingbirds on the deck). Listen to the sounds of the waterfall and gaze at the terraced garden or woods surrounding you with the mountain between you and your busy life. Office in loft has amazing views while you stay connected with WiFi high speed internet. Lower level with third bedroom has one queen and one twin bed with own half bath; fun rec room with gas fireplace, Foosball table, art/game cabinet, library, elliptical exercise machine, couch and large 48' TV movie area. Sports equipment and roller blades are available (use at own risk). Bring your mp3 player to plug in for house-wide music.
Hike the trail to the top of the mountain to see breathtaking views of Hanging Rock and Pilot Mountain on the other side. Explore 30 acres of woods watching for deer and turkey among other wildlife. No hunting makes our property a sanctuary for animals in this area and the small creek at the bottom of the mountain is a frequent gathering place for them. Sustainable living is key here with composting and recycling. Crystal water from any tap with full house reverse osmosis tastes great. Art supplies are available to paint or draw the beauty that is around you. Meditate or allow your mind to settle with mindful walking in nature. Relax and find peace again.
- 2400 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Art supplies, sports equipment.
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
Location & View
Welcome to Serenity Point located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. This 2,400 sq ft luxury mountain log cabin home on 30 acres of woods has a gorgeous view of the Yadkin Valley and Blue Ridge Mountains from 1,400 ft near the top of Stott's Knob. The best of mountain living with privacy to relax or meditate, and amazing sunsets from the hot tub, yet close to Mount Airy Mayberry USA and Yadkin Valley Wine country and golf. Hike the trails, or just relax and enjoy the wildlife (deer, turkey, birds). Built in 2003, this luxury home has all the upgrades including indoor whirlpool tub, hot tub with amazing views, floor to ceiling windows, wrap around porch, stone fireplace, granite counters, tile and hardwood floors, and stainless steel appliances. From the top of our mountain are great views of Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock, and the Blue Ridge Mountains....moreless
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Pier Fishing
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Perfect for couples get away. Mayberry USA - The birthplace of Andy Griffith, Mount Airy is Mayberry USA - enjoy the best of small town America with its antiques and quaint gift shops, Barney and Aunt Bea's restaurants, squad car tours, and the Andy Griffith Playhouse and Museum. Visit Floyd's Barber shop, Andy's jail/police station, and have a pork chop sandwich at the Snappy Lunch. Key events are Mayberry Days in September and Autumn Leaves Festival in October. Eng and Chang Bunker, the original Siamese Twins, life story is told in their free museum. Our favorite is homemade ice cream and Hummingbird cake at Blue Bird Cafe on Main Street. Yadkin Valley Wine Country - tour 24 vineyards and sample some of the best North Carolina Wines. Near by Shelton Vineyards in Dobson and Old North State Vineyard and Microbrewery in Mount Airy offer amazing harvest foods as well. Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway - experience 'America's Favorite Drive' -enjoy the wonderful mountain views and explore the unique stops along the way. Enter at 200 mile marker at Fancy Gap or 220 mile marker near the Blue Ridge Music Center Visitors Center. Nearby stops are Mabry Mill at Meadows of Dan, VA, Piedmont scenic overlook at Fancy Gap, and Pilot Mountain scenic overlook at Lauren Fork. Yadkin Valley Golf with 14 championship golf courses. The Cross Creek Country club is only 13 miles from us. Adventures: Blue Ridge Tree Climbing - Climb a towering tree with a guide and rope tether. Horseback riding and Zipline Canopy tours. Rock climbing at Hanging Rock State Park and Pilot Mountain State Park. Four Rivers - float down one of the four nearby rivers on a kayak, boat, tube or canoe. The 165 mile Yadkin River Canoe trail runs though Pilot Mountain State Park or take a short tube trip along the Ararat River at Riverside Park greenway in Mount Airy with the kids. Fancy Gap Outfitters on Main Street in Mount Airy rents tubes, kayaks and canoes. Bike Trails - hundreds of miles of bike trails across the county allow you to explore the Piedmont area. Hill biking at Pilot Mountain, and two mountain bike trails nearby (Fisher River Park and Westwood Park ) challenge those wishing for excitement. Greenways - We enjoy walking, running and biking the two paved greenways in Mount Airy - Emily B Taylor Greenway and Riverside Park Greenway along the Ararat River. Fischer River Park has unpaved walking/running trails as well as basketball, volleyball, baseball, river swimming, and playground . Mountain bike trail as well. Pilot Mount State Park - enjoy cycling, fishing, trail hiking, horseback riding trails, rock climbing, rappelling, picnicking, and canoeing on the 165 mile Yadkin River Canoe trail. Hanging Rock State Park has over 18 miles of hiking trails, as well as rock climbing. Blue Grass and traditional music lovers can take in a jam session or live radio show every Saturday morning in downtown Mount Airy. Our food favorites are: fine dining at Trios in Mt Airy or Harvest Grill at the Shelton Vineyards; Great curry at Thailand Cafe; fried catfish or chicken at The Depot; Fast BBQ at Aunt Bea's. Mount Airy has many unique restaurants and chain restaurant such as Chili's and Ruby Tuesdays. All the info on local attractions at the Mount Airy Visitors Center on Main Street or search for 'Visit Mayberry' online....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fantastic Weekend Getaway
Fantastic Weekend Getaway
We had a wonderfully relaxing long weekend at this beautiful cabin.
- Guest Candace C.
- Date of stay 02/15/13
- Review Submitted 03/04/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Lovely Weekend Stay
Lovely Weekend Stay
We had a wonderful time here. The cabin is absolutely beautiful, spacious & clean, and the views are breathtaking. All rooms are fully stocked with everything that you could ever need for a wonderful weekend, including board games, DVDs, books, etc. The owners are incredibly kind and helpful. We look forward to coming back again!
- Guest Natalie (US)
- Date of stay 12/31/12
- Review Submitted 01/06/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, girls getaway.
Beautiful Cabin, Outstanding View
Beautiful Cabin, Outstanding View
My family and I very much enjoyed our Christmas stay at Serenity Point! The view is simply spectacular and the cabin is just as beautiful as the pictures! Even though it was cold at Christmas, the fireplaces in the cabin made it cozy warm. We truly loved how close it was to Mt. Airy since we spent some time shopping in the town. The owner was friendly and very easy to contact if we had questions. I would love to go back next autumn to see the fall colors.
- Guest Sandi S.
- Date of stay 12/20/12
- Review Submitted 12/31/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
First time in Mount Airy
First time in Mount Airy
Beautiful home and owners very nice in correspondence. Friendly neighborhood dog came to visit which we nicknamed Biscuit. Definitely need all wheel drive vehicle. We had a hard time getting our two wheel drive cars up the driveway but rented an all wheel drive and had no problems. Home ...very nice and cozy. Loved the view from the jacuzzi and living room. Enjoyed internet on the TV and the opportunity to use Netflix. View was beautiful even in the winter. Hike up the mountain worth it to see Pilot Mountain. My kids enjoyed the stay as well. Would stay here again.
- Guest Sonya (Castalia)
- Date of stay 12/27/12
- Review Submitted 12/30/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
This was a lovely home and exactly what we were looking for when we decided to do a last minute get-away for Thanksgiving. The house is light and airy, fantastic views, and had everything we needed so we could kick back and relax. Would definitely stay again and recommend it as well. Our girls loved having their own space downstairs and had many hours of fun playing foosball and listening to music. We sepnt Wednesday in Mt. Airy and did some shopping, and checked out some local restaurants. Kitchen is well stocked with cooking utensils which really helped so I did not have to pack cookware, etc. to make our meals. Thank you SO MUCH for an enjoyable stay.
- Guest Gail D.
- Date of stay 11/20/12
- Review Submitted 11/26/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, families with young children.
Property is as described (if not better). It is very private and secluded, but you can be in downtown Mt. Airy in 10 minutes. The home is very clean and well maintained, it's obvious it has been well cared for. The home is perfect for a weekend getaway or long vacation. The views are great from the hot tub. If your staying in or around Mt. Airy this is the place to be! Owners are very responsive and helpful, would certainly recommend this property to anyone..we plan to be back.
- Guest Brandon M.
- Date of stay 10/12/12
- Review Submitted 10/15/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Steep driveway - AWD recommended.
No weekend or holiday rates for stays of 5 days or more.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Cleaning: $125 + tax
- Tax Rate 14%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Piedmont Triad International, Greensboro, NC at 60 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 77 at 13 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Cross Creek Country Club at 11 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Depot at Cody Creek old time village at 7 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: High school sweethearts Ron and Kathy raised three amazing daughters in Hartland, Wisconsin (outside of Milwaukee) over 25 years. Our youngest daughter running track and CC at Duke University brought us to NC. Our family gathers here to relax and reconnect.
Why the Owner Chose Mount Airy:
Amazing mountain views and luxury home with all the amenities made this an easy choice. North Carolina has great weather and mountain living brings peace and quiet from hectic city life. Thirty wooded acres give us a slice of the mountain from top to bottom, and lots of privacy. Serenity Point, the name in the iron gate at the entrance to the driveway, says it all.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
One view from the great room and we loved this log cabin home. The sun setting over the Blue Ridge Mountains, and morning fog in the valley are breath taking. The great room with floor to ceiling windows and stone fireplace wow'd us from the moment we walked in. The amazing upgrades in the kitchen, and waterfall and terraced garden off the back porch sold it for Kathy, and Ron loves the wrap around porch and hot tub mountain views. An office area in the loft made working from home a breeze.
- Primary: +1 262-533-4394 Eastern time zone USA
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Our home on the side of the mountain
Windows of great room looking at mountains
back patio with table, waterfall, terraced garden.
Great room stone fireplace
view out great room windows
Kitchen and dining area looking out to patio. Hardwood floors and tile.
Master bath with whirlpool tub
hot tub with mountain view and Adirondack chairs on deck.
Patio with waterfall and terraced garden
Two twin beds in lower level bedroom.
wooded trail up the mountain.
Serenity Point entrance in Spring
Sunset over the Blue Ridge Mountains
waterfall on right and path.
Terraced garden off of patio
Great room with recliner couches and view.
kitchen with breakfast bar, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
Master bedroom - King bed, deck, and mountain views.
wrap around deck with swing
Blue Ridge Mountains and Yadkin Valley
Second bedroom with queen bed and mountain views.
Lower level movie area
Office in loft with mountain views.
Entrance and garage
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 17, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.