Charming 1872 Home in the Historic District
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bedford house description
Open the door to this well loved house and step back in time. First floor has a living room, dining room and full kitchen. There is a half bath and front and back porches. Upstairs is a smaller bedroom and a master suite consisting of sleeping room and sitting room. There is a full bath on the second floor. Sit on the inviting front porch and watch folks stroll by. Have morning coffee there or on the back porch equipped with table and chairs. There is off street parking available in the rear of the lot. The house is appealingly decorated and has a warm and cozy feeling to it.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided
- Outdoor Grill
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Massage Therapist
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Biking
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Bedford is a quaint town dating from the 1700s. Bedford Omni Springs is high on the list of resorts; spa services and golf are available to all. Old Bedford Village is a reconstructed colonial village which frequently has reenactments and other special activities. Shawnee State Park has a lake where you can rent a boat or kayak, go for a swim and enjoy the many hiking trails. Blue Knob resort is just 25 minutes away and has skiing and winter sports. High quality trout streams are in the area. Farmers market in the summer. Late summer and fall the orchards have wayside stands. Numerous covered bridges are in the county. Many cute shops and eateries are within walking distance. Be sure to catch the free walking tour at 3:30 on Friday afternoon at the visitor center. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$145 per night with a two night minimum $800 a week $100 security $20 a night pet fee
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Beach: Shawnee State Park at 4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Blue Knob at 25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Omni Bedford Springs at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 1983
About the owner: For 30 years the Cottage on John served as a legal office. I am now retired. I love to travel and have used VRBO several times. It made sense to convert the office into a vacation rental. I have carefully created a place where I intend to live when I leave the farm.
Why the Owner Chose Bedford:
Bedford, a quaint village of just over 3000 people, is rich in history. George Washington really did sleep in town when he came to quell the Whiskey Rebellion. Bedford is a lively, vibrant town without the multitude of empty shop fronts that plague so many small towns. The shops are varied; clothing, candles, Italian food, wine, sporting items, tea and antiques. There are art galleries and eateries and parks and walking tours. A great place to visit.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The Cottage on John is in the historic district and within walking distance of the shops, restaurants, movie theater (two shows nightly at 7:30), clubs and antiquing opportunites. Don't miss the Museum of the American Coverlet or Fort Bedford. If you have always wanted to experience small town living with an upscale twist, this is the place for you. The New York Times called the seafood at the Bedford Tavern the best seafood west of Baltimore. Try golf at Omni Bedford Springs, a Roth designed course.
- Primary: 814-652-5868
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Cottage on John Street
Dining room featuring Max
Kitchen eating area
Living room toward the entry
Master suite sitting room
Living room with view through the French doors to dining room
Reading area in the dining room
Kitchen counter and stove
Entry showing half bath and stairs
Master suite sleeping room
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, August 15, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.