Charming Classic Beach Cottage
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes house description
Relax this winter or year round in our family owned duplex. Make our special family beach house retreat your place for vacation fun. Start your day walking on our beautiful beach and end your day relaxing on your very own deck. Our unit has tile floors, a bedroom with a queen size bed, a bedroom with two twin beds, and a queen size sofa bed. The kitchen has everything you need for your stay. Yes...we have wireless internet service and basic cable television. The unit has off street parking in front. We are the original owners of the property and are now renting it year round. We know you'll love it as much as we do! This is a NON-SMOKING unit. Pets are not permitted in the unit. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 28 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Linens Provided:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Hunting Small Game
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- The Rio Grande Valley is a tropical, fun place to visit. Our beautiful island has many restaurants and shops to visit. 30 miles away, in Brownsville, is a very nice zoo with many exhibits in a tropical setting. There are tours to Mexico, but I do not recommend going to Mexico at this time. It is not safe like it used to be. The island has a nice birding center and a sea turtle rescue center that's worth a visit. There is a small museum in Port Isabel and the light house to visit. Many private fishing guides are happy to take you out in the bay or gulf to fish. Dolphin Watch boats are also a popular activity. For hunters, there are private guides that can arrange hunting trips for you to go on. Of course it depends on the season as to what kind of hunts are available. Golf is available across the causeway bridge in Laguna Vista. There are other courses in Brownsville too. Mercedes is about 1 1/2 hrs. up the Valley. They have a large Outlet Store Mall. Harlingen has the new Bass Pro Shop that is an outing in itself. They have a restaurant, bowling and shopping all in one building! The more you explore, the more fun things you will find to do! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Cute, Clean and Comfortable little Cottage
Cute, Clean and Comfortable little Cottage
We have stayed in this delightful little cottage for a month each of the past 5 years and keep returning because it is so nice. It is very clean and well maintained. Great location, there is a beach access right at the end of our street, only a half block away. Of course, nearby is all that South Padre has to offer. Cable TV and a good internet connection included. I would recommend this to Winter Texans as well as families who want convenient beach access.
- Guest Larry and Connie (McGregor, Minnesota)
- Date of stay 12/01/11
- Review Submitted 10/05/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, people with disabilities.
Fall rates: Sept., Oct., Nov. 1 week minimum stay: $150.00 per night Discount: Last night free with 1 week rental! $1050 - $150= $900 for week + 14.50%tax, and $50 cleaning fee. $200 refundable security deposit. Winter rates: Nov.-Feb. $1200.00 per month Minimum 1 month. No tax for full month rental. 1/2 month rental due to hold your rental date. Balance due before you occupy the property. $200 security deposit is due with contract If there is no damage to the property, your deposit will be returned within 1 week of your departure. DISCOUNT: No cleaning fee for full month rentals.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Harlingen, Texas at 45 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Laguna Vista, 'South Padre Golf Course' at 15 Miles
Year Purchased: 1960
About: This duplex was built by our father in 1960. It was one of the first privately owned beach houses on the island. It was destroyed in hurricane Buelah in Sept., 1967. The family rebuilt the structure a little bigger and better in 1968 and have enjoyed many years of beach time with our family and friends.
Why Private Homes:
We consider this our beach home. We want to rent to people who have the same attitude about our rental. It is not just a place with 4 walls to stay in at the beach. It has many personal touches and we appreciate renters treating it with respect as if it was their own beach house.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We are enjoying this house with the 5th generation! We had many fun times with our grandparents and now with our grandchildren. Our beach house is certainly not the new, high rise, condo that you could rent, but it is clean, cozy and gives you the classic beach house cottage experience. The houses on our street are privately owned and many have permanent residents.
- Primary: + 956-357-9489
- Secondary: +
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of property and parking spaces.
Ours is the front unit of a duplex.
Family room/front door
Second living area. TV in one and quiet reading area here!
CD player and books to read.
Second bedroom with queen size bed.
The beach is fun for young & old alike!
Set up your umbrella and stay for the day!
A great beach for walking!
Enjoy your stay at South Padre Island!
Welcome to "The Beach House"!
Queen size sofa sleeper.
Bedroom with twin beds.
Shower in bathroom.
Ready for a fun day at beach access #7.
A beautiful day at the beach.
Ready for relaxation
A local seagull.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, August 16, 2013