VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
NOTES: • ALL REMAINING DAYS IN AUGUST 2015 ARE AVAILABLE FOR $99 PER NIGHT! • CALENDAR IS UPDATED DAILY.
In Hawaiian “Kiahuna” means “Special Place”. The Kiahuna Plantation & The Beach Bungalows is indeed a special place that invokes memories of Old Hawaii during the early plantation days. The only beach-front resort in Poipu, the 35-acre grounds feature expansive landscaped lawns with mature palm, banyan and plumeria trees, lush tropical gardens with fragrant flowers, a picturesque lagoon, and low-density bungalow-style vacation condos.
The warm, turquoise water and crescent-shaped beach is protected by a reef, and is consistently rated as one of the top beaches in the US! A short walk through the beautiful tropical grounds, or the historic Moir Gardens directly below our condo, and you'll be right on Poipu beach!
Poipu was honored as a top destination in TripAdvisor's 2010 Travelers' Choice® Destination Awards, and the South Shore area of Kauai was ranked number three in the "Top 10 Beach & Sun Destinations in the United States" category.
OUR KIAHUNA CONDO AMENITIES Our condo has been extensively remodeled. Upgrades include new kitchen cabinets, stainless steel appliances, granite counters, two flat screens TVs, a DVD player, California King size mattress, iPod docking stereo, and new lanai furniture. We also upgraded the bathroom to include a new vanity with granite top, and replaced the original tub with a walk-in shower with slate tile and glass doors. While we updated the unit to today’s standards, we did leave the original Old Hawaii plantation look throughout with the original mahogany wood interior accents.
All the Kiahuna Plantation condos are breeze-cooled with no A/C. The furnished 240 square foot lanai overlooks the Moir Gardens, and there is a double BBQ island right next to our building. Our condo offers great privacy, free WiFi, free parking, in-room safe, no resort fee, and is smoke-free.
KIAHUNA PLANTATION AMENITIES The Kiahuna Plantation features free parking, a beach-side activity center where you can get complimentary chairs, $7 / day boogie boards, and a coin operated Laundromat. The Plantation Gardens Restaurant is just down a path from our building and offers cocktails and dinner.
OUR CONDO’S LOCATION IN THE COMPLEX Our condo is located in Bldg. 39 on the second floor (9 easy steps up), and overlooks the Moir Gardens from the lanai. It is considered a 'Garden View Deluxe' unit, as it does not have a direct view of the ocean, but is an enjoyable 3 - 4 minute walk through the grounds to Poipu Beach.
The Poipu Shopping Village is an easy stroll across Poipu Road. It features several restaurants including Roy's Bar & Grill, Puka Dog, and Keoki’s Paradise (our favorite!) that features an open-air setting with a small lagoon, tiki torches and indoor waterfalls! You'll also find a small grocery store, Starbucks, and many shops for gifts, art, and clothing.
LOCAL ACTIVITIES World-class golf is minutes away at Kiahuna Golf Club, or the nearby Poipu Bay Golf Club. To find out about activities, check with the friendly folks at the on-site Expedia desk. Don't forget to explore Historic Koloa Town a few minutes away.
FAQs - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: • WHAT'S THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS CONDO? Value! We offer one of the lowest rates in the Kiahuna Plantation, but ours is far from a low-grade condo. It has been tastefully remodeled, and is walking distance to Poipu Beach, as well as the shops, restaurants and bars at the nearby Poipu Shopping Village. It also provides privacy and amazing views of the Moir Gardens.
• DOES IT HAVE A VIEW OF THE OCEAN? No. (Actually, there is a small “peek-a-boo” view of the ocean from the lanai and it is close enough to hear the surf in the evening.) It has a wonderful view of the Moir Gardens directly below the condo.
• HOW FAR IS IT TO THE BEACH? The beach is a pleasant 3 - 5 minute walk through the beautiful grounds of the Kiahuna Plantation. You'll enjoy exploring the various pathways to the beach!
• DOES THE CONDO HAVE AIR CONDITIONING? No. None of the Kiahuna Plantation condos offer air conditioning as the electrical grid in the buildings cannot support the power requirements for AC. They are breeze cooled via the trade winds. There are also ceiling and free-standing fans.
• DOES THE CONDO INCLUDE USE OF THE POOL? No. We no longer pay for membership at the Poipu Beach Athletic Center (PBAC) across the street. A majority of our guests have indicated that they would prefer to keep rates low instead of using the PBAC facility. (The Kiahuna Plantation will have its own beautiful new on-site pool in 2016!)
• WHAT CATEGORY CONDO IS THE CONDO? There are 5 condo categories ranging from Ocean Front (closest to beach) to Garden View (farthest from beach). Ours is a Garden View Deluxe condo, which is not too far from the beach, and offers a great location above the Moir Garden.
• WHAT FLOOR IS THE CONDO ON? Our condo is on the second floor of Building 39. However, since the first floor is below the parking lot level, there are only 9 steps to climb!
• DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR LONGER STAYS? Yes. Please contact me with your vacation dates.
• WILL YOU OFFER A DISCOUNT FOR LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS? Yes. If we have open days that may not get booked, we will certainly offer a discount.
• CAN YOU HEAR ROAD NOISE FROM THE CONDO? About 25% of the buildings that house the condos are located toward the back of the grounds along Poipu Road, including ours. With the shutters open you can sometimes hear some road noise from the bedroom. If you're a very light sleeper you may want to consider a condo closer to the beach, but they are typically priced quite a bit higher. It hasn't generally been an issue.
• WE HEAR THAT THESE CONDOS ARE OLD. HAS YOURS BEEN UPDATED? Entering some of these condos is like going through a time warp to 1980, as many are still original! Ours has been extensively remodeled, but still maintains the old Hawaiian plantation charm.
** IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SMALLER CONDO WHICH IS ALSO IDEAL FOR SHORT STAYS, CHECK OUT OUR CONDO AT THE KAUAI BEACH RESORT. VRBO Listing #620921 **
Remodeled with slate tile shower, updated vanity with granite counter. ...moreless
Remodeled kitchen with all new cabinets, granite counters, and new stainless appliances. Bathroom has beautiful remodeled slate tile walk-in shower, and upgraded vanity with granite top. Two new flat screen TVs, stereo with iPod docking station, CD, AM/FM....moreless
Holiday Season Dec 19 - Jan 3, 2016 7 night min stay
Winter 2016 Jan 4 - Mar 31, 2016 4 night min stay
Spring 2016 Apr 1 - May 31, 2016 4 night min stay
Summer 2016 Jun 1 - Aug 18, 2016 4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Prop Mgr Reservation fee$50
Check-out Cleaning Fee$136
DEPOSIT: $200 deposit, balance due 60 days prior to arrival.
- $50 cancellation fee up to 60 days prior to arrival.
- Deposit forfeited less than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Guests pay $136 checkout cleaning fee.
- Guests pay $68 mid-week cleaning ONLY IF stay is 10+ days.
TAXES: 13.42% tax applied to rent.
LEGAL: TA Registration #10781163-01
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Kiahuna Plantation is located on Poipu Beach in the South Shores area on Kauai. It is located on 35 acres of beach-front property with manicured tropical plants and trees, expansive lawns, on-site restaurant & bar, lily and koi ponds, and a tropical lagoon.
The condo is an easy walk to nearby shopping and restaurants. Poipu’s two championship golf courses are also just minutes away.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We discovered the Kiahuna Plantation while driving around the island on our honeymoon in 2002. We were already mesmerized by Kauai’s natural beauty, its friendly people, the rich culture, and the great climate. However, the Kiahuna Plantation left an indelible impression on us! We had discovered the jewel of Kauai with the most beautiful beach we had ever seen, the great lawn, the tall palm trees swaying in the breeze, and the manicured grounds with traditional beach house bungalows sprinkled throughout the grounds.
We came back to Kauai for our 10th anniversary and stayed at the Kiahuna Plantation, and decided to make it a permanent part of our lives. The vision of our grand kids playing on this beach and experiencing Kauai was just too much to resist.
We sincerely hope that you create meaningful family memories during your stay, and that you feel at home in our special little condo.
Why the Owner Chose Kiahuna Plantation: Kauai is very special to us since we started our married lives together there. The Kiahuna Plantation has become an important place for us, and we look forward to spending time here with family and friends. While we have both traveled quite a bit and have also lived abroad, we still feel that Kauai has so much to offer. It has become our second home and we look forward to our visits to Kauai.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo: While our condo is not located directly on the beach, its rental rates reflect that fact. Its location, an easy walk to the beach through the beautiful grounds, offers many amenities nearby. It’s located directly in front of the historic Moir Garden, from where it’s a short walk to the on-site Plantation Restaurant & Bar. It has also been extensively remodeled. A BBQ area is directly next to the building. No need to use your car to go for coffee at Starbucks, a cocktail & dinner, or groceries, as it’s a short stroll across the street to the Poipu Shopping Village that features great restaurants and shopping.