Beautiful and Ecofriendly Refuge in Between Cinque Terre and Portofino
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Castagnola bed and breakfast description
The apartment is part of a guesthouse which is made in wood, with solar and photovoltaic panels and it is designed to be as much eco-friendly as possible; it is located in Framura (a small village divided in 6 hamlets, overlooking the sea and the Appennino Ligure) at 6 km from the sea. The property is surrounded by a beautiful garden, vineyards, olive and cherry trees and, if you like walking, there are many breathtaking paths and unspoiled beaches to explore. In Summer you can take part to many typical fests and taste traditional food, enjoying the cheerful Italian countryside atmosphere. By boat or by train you can reach easily Cinque Terre, Portofino, Portovenere, Sestri Levante, as well as Genova where there are many museums and a well known Opera House. By car you can also visit the beautiful Vara Valley,that is famous for its nature and history. Also Pisa, Lucca, Firenze are not very far from here, travelling by train or by car. Framura is located in the center of a stunning area.
The house is surrounded by a beautiful garden and a lawn. We provide deckchairs,umbrellas and an outdoor shower; there is also a barbecue and some tables to eat outside under a beautiful pergola. Close to the farm there is also a stream, where you can take a bath or walk along or sunbath. in our farm we produce vegetables, some fruits, that you can directly buy and red or white wine, olive oil, honey. The garden is big enough to enjoy silence all around us and the view is wonderful, with the most beautiful sunsets you can image!
The apartment is at the first floor and it is two rooms one (48 square meters) with a stunning view over the valley and the sea. It has an entrance, a roomy bathroom ( shower, hair dryer), a pretty bedroom with a queen bed and a spacious lounge where there is a very well equipped kitchen (hobs, dish washer, coffee machine, fridge with freezer, electric oven,cleaning water filter) and a living area with a sofa bed that becomes two comfortable twins. Free Wi-Fi connection, English and German books, heating under the floor. Clean linen and towels once a week ( even for the beach if required), kitchen equipment, Wi-Fi, laundry service if required, car park, internet point, touristic information, outside deckchairs and table, a daily lift to and from the staion if required are provided.
- On floor 1
- 55 m²
- 1 story
- Bed And Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- a pretty bedroom with a queen bed and an originally antique wardrobe, it has a spacious lounge where there is a very well equipped kitchen (hobs, dish washer, coffee machine, fridge with freezer, electric oven,cleaning water filter, kettle) and a living area with a sofa bed. An new, elegant, wodden loft over the living area can comfortably host 3 beds, so that this flat has practicaly 2 bedroms. Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (2), Baby Cribs (1)...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Framura is located on the ancient border between La Spezia and Genoa, so that it has fortifications and towers which were built to defend the territory. Here you can find signs of many different ages, from the roman one to the medieval one. The centre of the village is wonderful, with its small lanes, hidden gardens and terraces overlooking the sea. Furthermore in this beautiful location, you will find small and traditional food shops that sell all the typical local products.In the central Piazzetta there is a quiet bar, where in the evening people use to have a glass of wine and chat, while children play nearby. In summertime you will also be able to enjoy the beautiful and unspoiled sea of Framura, sunbathing on its beautiful beaches or taking part to the boat trips which- departing from the small, romantic port of the village- reach the most hidden and amazing places of the coast....moreless
- Video Library
- Music Library
- Computer Available:
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill:
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Rock Climbing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Eco Tourism
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Framura is located on the ancient border between La Spezia and Genoa, so that it has fortifications and towers which were built to defend the territory. Here you can find signs of many different ages, from the roman one to the medieval one. The centre of the village is wonderful, with its small lanes, hidden gardens and terraces overlooking the sea. Furthermore in this beautiful location, you will find small and traditional food shops that sell all the typical local products.In the central Piazzetta there is a quiet bar, where in the evening people use to have a glass of wine and chat, while children play nearby. In summertime you will also be able to enjoy the beautiful and unspoiled sea of Framura, sunbathing on its beautiful beaches or taking part to the boat trips which- departing from the small, romantic port of the village- reach the most hidden and amazing places of the coast.On the 10th of August here takes place the typical local fest to celebrate the night of San Lorenzo and people use to meet in the streets and squares to eat together and dance;during another fest, at midnightpeople light a great number of small candles and set them out into the sea. To watch them floating away is really impressive. Many open air markets are held every day in this area. Nearby there is the famous National Park of Cinque Terre where you will find many breathtaking paths and some of the most beautiful beaches in Italy. Moreover by boat or by train you can easily reach Portofino, Portovenere, Chiavari, Sestri Levante, Santa Margherita Ligure and Genoa with its museums, the famous aquarium, some UNESCO world heritage sites and a well known Opera House as well as the most fashionable shops. From here it will take just about two hours by train to reach Pisa, and less than an hour to reach Sarzana, a beautiful medieval town. To go to Firenze takes about 3 hours....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
An Incredible Stay
An Incredible Stay
I had the amazing experience of staying at this home with my husband and another couple at the end of September. We were so pleased by the beautiful property as well as the owners. Lilia and Guido were excellent hosts and were genuinely excited to share some Italian culture with us. We were spoiled by their olive oil and honey and Lilia's fantastic pizza. The apartment was very well equipped, clean, light-filled and lovely. We were very comfortable throughout our stay. We were so glad that we opted to stay north of the Cinque Terre as it was significantly quieter and felt more like we were participating in Italian life. Lilia and Guido were very accommodating about providing rides to and from the train station. It was quite easy to take day trips to surrounding areas. In summary, we feel so fortunate that we had the opportunity to stay in Framura at this wonderful property!
- Guest Kara (Grand Junction, CO)
- Date of stay 09/21/12
- Review Submitted 10/23/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, tourists without a car, age 55+, sightseeing, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: Dear Kara, thank you very much for having dedicate some of your precious time to write this review. the opinion of our guests can help us to develop a better work and our new, possible guests to understand where we are and who we are. I really hope to see you again in Italy ( life is, but a surprise!) and to share with you one more pizza. In the mean time have a serene and warm... Winter! I wish you the best for you all and for your families. To host you here in Framura was a great pleasure :-)
15 March 2014 - 26 April 2014 ... € 520.00 weekly 26 April 2014 -31 May 2014...€ 540.00 weekly 31 May 2014 - 28 June 2014 ..... €560.00 weekly 28 June 2014 - 01 August 2014 .... €695.00 weekly 30 August 2014 - 27 September 2014 ... €560.00 weekly 27 September 2014 - 15 November 2014...€520.00 weekly
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Cristoforo Colombo Genova at 60 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Deiva Marina at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Deiva Marina / Framura at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: A12 at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Framura at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Framura, Castagnola at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Rapallo at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Framura at 3 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1950
About the owner: I am 50 years old and I live in Framura, a beautiful village in the Cinque Terre area, with my husband Guido, my daughter Giulia and our 3 dogs. We grow vegetables and we make honey, wine, olive oil, enjoying a natural life. In order to preserve our traditions, I even like to cook bread and pasta as my grandmother was used to. Last year we have built an ecologic guest house to host the people who loves this wonderful area and an healthy style of life. On Summer 2011 we had our first guests in Framura and even in Portofino, where I own an apartment on the famous 'piazzetta'. To meet people from all over the world was a great experience. We had the opportunity to know wonderful persons and to get in touch with different cultures. I discover that I really love this work!
Why the Owner Chose Castagnola:
A branch of my family comes from Framura and on 2002 my husband and I decided to build here our home, far from the town where we leaved and far from a cahotic style of life.On 2010, as a next step- we built an eco friendly guesthouse in Framura,because we would like to have home and work in this place:the only way to develop solid roots. We also enjoy to share the beauty of 'Laghello' and our own experience with other people .Our project of hospitality tries to respect at the mean time nature and culture; we believe this is the great lesson of the ancestors. Framura is far from the crowds and the stress, even if it is easy to reach by car or by train and it is in a 'strategic' position in between Portofino and Cinque Terre. The village has a traditional and friendly atmosphere.
The Unique Benefits at this Bed And Breakfast:
The decision of moving here has completely changed our life and our relation with the nature. we became 'farmer' and now we produce our own wine, vegetables, honey, marmalade's, olive oil, fruits, bread... in Framura we have discovered the sea at the sunrise and the cold and invigorating water of a stream. Now we know how silence is in a night and how magic is the moonlight.we have found new friends in the village and in between our guests and we have understood that a guest house is an wonderful chance to travel, without travel! to be a farmer an a sailor at the meantime.
- Primary: 00390187810518
- Secondary: 00393336281169
Links to more information:
From your windows...
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, September 29, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.