Charming Cannon Beach Cottage- Perfect Family Getaway Near the Beach!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cannon Beach house description
The Osage Cottage is family-friendly and perfect for outdoor gatherings. The Osage Cottage sits on a spacious double lot just 250 feet from the most beautiful stretch of beach on the North Coast. The cozy living room and front bedroom interior have been lovingly restored to the original 1925 natural woodwork. The blueprint was designed for togetherness, with a large dining room table at the heart of the house, flanked by living-room and family-room. Both rooms have instant cozy ambiance with gas stoves. The living room has a Flatscreen TV with cable, and DVD/VHS player, as well as a reading library, comfortable couches and a leather recliner. The family-room is stocked with board-games, piano and writing desk. The house has high-speed Wi-Fi, also accessible from the deck (if you must work- at least you can do so while enjoying a view of the ocean). Enjoy 3 bedrooms (2-queen, 1-double) and a convertible futon couch to comfortably sleep 8. Two of the bedrooms sit in the front section of the house with one bathroom (large bathtub and shower) between. The Master Bedroom is just off the family-room with a private bathroom (shower). Leave the windows open at night and drift off to sleep to the sound of ocean waves.
The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, pans and utensils- everything you need for preparing gourmet meals. The North-facing windows look out on the yard and are perfect for watching clouds shift and wild bunnies hop through the yard while you cook. The kitchen includes new appliances, such as an electric stove, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator. For your convenience, there is also a garbage disposal, mixer, blender, and some spices. We have coffee maker as well as a coffee bean grinder- best with locally roasted, Sleepy Monk coffee beans.
If you don't feel like cooking, stroll to Mo's for Ocean Front Dining (for their famous clam chowder), or the Warren House Pub, all within 2 'blocks'. Explore a great selection of wine or rent a movie at the Surfsand Market- and don't miss their free Saturday wine tasting 2-4pm.
- 1300 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- The Osage Cottage sits on the south edge of town, just off of Tolovana Beach. Walk two blocks from the house and you can explore miles of beach. You can head north towards Haystack Rock, or South towards Silver Point, Jockey's Cap and Hug Point. It is easy to find a great spot for an evening campfire just steps from the beach entrance. You can also soak up the sun and watch the ocean by day, or have a fire in the chiminea by night from the comfort of The Osage deck. Looking for adventure? Rent a fun-cycle at mid-town, go horseback riding, take a surf lesson, skim-board, fly a kite, try kiteboarding or paragliding, go surf fishing, dig for razor clams or go crabbing (Dec-Sept), charter a fishing trip for Steelhead or Salmon (seasonal), play beach-volleyball, hike Neahkahnie Mountain or the spectacular trail from Ecola State Park to Indian Beach, build a sandcastle or simply sit in the soft-sand and watch the waves roll in around Haystack Rock. Entertainment: See live theater at the Coaster Theater in Cannon Beach. The nearby town of Seaside offers an outlet mall, cinema, roller-blade rentals, arcade, bumper cars and an aquarium. Art & Leisure: Cannon Beach is known for its unique art galleries and quaint shopping district. Plan ahead for the many wonderful annual coastal events: Stormy Weather Arts Festival (November), Cannon Beach Photo Review (October), or the annual Sandcastle Contest (June). A few favorites: Cocktails/pool/darts: Warren House Pub Microbrews, burgers and live music: Bill's Tavern Espresso Shakes & all ice cream: Osburn's Ice Creamery Sleepy Monk Coffee Roasters & The Irish Table (midtown). Shallon Winery (Astoria): Vintner, Paul VanderVeldt, spins tales of Oregon history on his winery tour and tasting of his whey based fruit wines. The chocolate wine will blow your mind. Plan for an hour and bring cash (no credit cards). Nehalem Bay Winery: If you're up for an outing, it's just 17 miles away and a delightful change of pace in lovely Nehalem Bay. 34965 Oregon 53 Nehalem, OR 97131 Free Shuttle Service: May-September, runs every 1/2 hour and picks up near The Osage Cottage. Available to transport guests between downtown Bus transportation is available from the Portland Union Station (Amtrak & Greyhound) to Cannon Beach by Northwest POINT. This service operates between Portland, Cannon Beach and Astoria, with stops in a few other communities. As of this writing, Portland to Cannon Beach service costs $17 one way. The bus has only one stop in Cannon Beach: at the 'mid-town' bus shelter, very close to Haystack Rock and the Cannon Beach museum. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The Osage gets a Ten!
The Osage gets a Ten!
Our family loved staying at the Osage Cottage! The location is perfect! An easy walk to the ocean and a great stretch of beach in both directions for wonderful morning and evening strolls. We watched beautiful sunsets and made campfires on the beach almost every night. The cottage is quaint and spacious (super clean/ just like the pics)and perfect for us to dine in and watch movies! The deck is nice and the chimnea was a fun gathering spot as well! Thank you Kathleen for sharing your family's cottage with us! We hope to come back next year!
- Guest Love Cannon Beach (Idaho)
- Date of stay 08/17/13
- Review Submitted 09/02/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car.
Loved our stay. Can't wait to return!
Loved our stay. Can't wait to return!
Was the listing description accurate regarding the location? Yes. We were familiar with the area, too. Did the listing photos accurately reflect the rental’s appearance and amenities? Yes Was the property clean and well-maintained? Yes Was the owner helpful in answering your questions or concerns? Yes, very. Would you recommend this property to a friend or relative? Yes What nearby activities, attractions and restaurants would you recommend? We always enjoy Mo's. Our toddler liked the small playground at the nearby park. We like being able to walk to the beach without having to cross Hemlock. We really enjoyed our stay at the Osage. Everything worked out so well and we loved having three bedrooms, a nice size kitchen and dining table and the lovely yard/deck. We look forward to visiting again next year. How soon can we book? :)
- Guest Sharon_Seattle (Seattle, WA)
- Date of stay 07/18/13
- Review Submitted 08/26/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, girls getaway.
We were very impressed by the house- it was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect for us (close to the beach and in walking distance of Haystack Rock, but not in the crowded area of Cannon Beach). It was a pretty cold weekend, so we were glad we had such a nice "home base". We hope to return again soon!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 05/23/13
- Review Submitted 05/29/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, tourists without a car.
Osage Beach House
Osage Beach House
We loved everything about the Osage, the location, the ammenities and the special decor! The gas fireplaces made everything warm and cozy! There was plenty of space and it was very well equipped and maintained! The photos of it were accurate, but couldn't show all the great things about it. I'm hoping we will be able to return in the summer and would recommend it to friends! We appreciated all the photos that showed it's history. The owners were great to work with too! Just a delightful place for us and a family or couple!
- Guest Kathy (Portland & Redmond)
- Date of stay 03/29/13
- Review Submitted 04/10/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
My husband and I enjoyed three very peaceful and relaxing nights in this comfortable home. It is very clean and well-maintained with lots of attention to details.. We especially enjoyed the gas stoves which added to the ambience. Our first night there we easily walked to Warrens Pub and enjoyed a delicious Cook's salad. We love walking on the beach and walked into town the second night along the beach (about 2 miles) had dinner and returned home walking along the beach enjoying all the campfires and families playing in the evening dusk. This is a lovely, welcoming home...thank you for sharing it with us!
- Guest Ruby (Centralia, WA)
- Date of stay 04/01/13
- Review Submitted 04/09/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
My wife and I had a great time at Osage Cottage with our god daughters and their parents for our long Thanksgiving holiday. The house was perfect and we lacked nothing—there was actually much more in the kitchen for cooking and cold storage than we had expected and we didn’t need to bring nearly as much as we did. Everything was clean and it seemed larger than in the pictures. The location was good and we found the Sleeping Monks coffee house close by that was a favorite. The wild rabbits were interesting and abundant. Of course the best part was probably the beach a very short distance away. We walked every day in fog, torrential rain, high winds and waves, and beautiful sun, so we had it all. A walk on Friday nite in our rain gear with high tides and sideways rain was exhilarating and memorable. On the down side, the TV/DVD was challenge to navigate but we figured it out and saw the Macy’s parade and the girls watched just about every Christmas movie available On Demand. The bed in the master bedroom is hard as a rock! Otherwise, absolutely no complaints from any of the six of us, cozy and just right. Thanks Kathleen for opening your beach home for our visit and for being so helpful and responsive each step of the way.
- Guest Alldubs (Gig Harbor, WA)
- Date of stay 11/21/12
- Review Submitted 11/30/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: I'm happy to say we just upgraded the master bedroom set from double to queen sized. The new mattress is designed for those with sensitive backs, similar to Tempurpedic, and quite comfortable! I also added instructions for the remote to make navigating the DVD and Cable a bit more straight forward. Thank you so much for your feedback- we sincerely appreciate your suggestions on how we can make the house even more inviting.
Sweet ocean life
Sweet ocean life
Comfy, cosy, close to everything, a home away and a spot you will love to visit again and again. I love this part of the Oregon coast! It is quant and yet very happening. I brought my three grand girls for a long weekend and they were content to stay inside to play the piano, look at the books, and watch a movie. It is a well loved family home. Plenty of room and lots of amenities. Next time we will use the vast collection of cookie cutters to make sugar cookies.
- Guest cateyes (McKenzie Bridge, OR)
- Date of stay 11/09/12
- Review Submitted 11/23/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Owner response: We’re thrilled that you and your grand girls enjoyed your stay AND that the house was filled with piano music. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will, indeed, use the cookie-cutter collection next time. We have many passionate bakers in this family, so the baking and cooking supplies are abundant in the kitchen!
High Season (June-labor day): $225 per night with a 5 night min. Shoulder Season (March- May, September- October): $195 per night, 2 night min. Low Season (November, December, January & February): $150 per night, 2 night min. Security / Damage Deposit: $200 (required to hold reservation) Cannon Beach Tax: 7% of rental price Cleaning Fee: $100-$120 Check or Credit Card
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Portland International Airport- PDX at 80 Miles
- Nearest Train: Portland- Union Station at 75 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: HWY 101 at 0.13 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Tolovana Beach/ Cannon Beach- 250 feet at 0.05 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Warren House Pub at 0.15 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt. Hood at 100 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Gearhart Golf Links, Manzanita, Seaside at 12 Miles
Year Purchased: 1925
About the owner: Our family currently lives in Portland and Bend, OR. The Osage has been a place for our family and friends to gather since 1925. It started out as a homestead tent by our Swedish Ancestors who met in Osage City, Kansas, and has evolved to it's current configuration, in the 5th Generation. Family history is something we treasure, and you'll find the house is filled with antiques and photographs from our coastal history and Scandinavian Heritage. We love the outdoors and spend as much time as possible on the beach and in the ocean. The Osage has been our little slice of heaven, and we hope you and your family will enjoy it too!
Why the Owner Chose Cannon Beach:
If you appreciate Cannon Beach history, cottage charm, close proximity to the beach, and the freedom of a big yard... The Osage is for you.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
For guests who have a hard time climbing through the soft-sand path to the beach-front, the Tolovana Inn has easy stair access just across the street.
- Primary: +1 503-349-6712 9 a.m.- 7 p.m. P.S.T.
Front entrance to The Osage Cottage. This deck gets wonderful morning light.
View of the house and deck from the Northwest corner of the yard.
Ocean view deck with 2 picnic tables, outdoor fireplace- great for gatherings.
West-facing living room with cozy gas stove, TV, library and local art.
Shells and sand- living room detail.
Upper family room with gas stove, piano, comfortable seats, games and more.
Master bedroom sits off the family room, with west and south facing windows.
Master bedroom with South facing window, overlooking beautiful trees.
Kitchen with updated appliances and amenities.
The Osage is proud to be a lovingly restored Cannon Beach Historical Site.
The East-facing front porch/deck is the best place to read in the morning sun.
Natural coastal beauty.
250 feet to the beach from yard. Ocean view from Northwest corner of the lot.
Living room features original cabin antiques, restored woodwork and comfort.
Living room with doorway to 2-lower bedrooms, bathroom and entry to dining room.
Family room detail: gas stove with rocking chair and Scandinavian love-seat.
Master bedroom, facing hallway to bathroom an entry to family room.
East facing view: family room, to dining room, with living-room in the back.
Kitchen nook gets wonderful light, ocean breeze, and overlooks the yard.
The Osage is secluded from Tolovana Inn neighbors. View across Siuslaw Street.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, October 25, 2013