Charming 1920's Tudor Home - Walk to Downtown & Mayo Clinic
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Rochester house description
This bright and cozy 2-story home will wow you with its pretty, old-fashioned charm. The home is completely furnished and turnkey ready for someone needing fully equipped short term housing.
Tucked into one of the nicest corners of the sought-after and historic Kutzky Park neighborhood, this 4 BR/2 BA home is a stone's throw from Mayo Clinic, St. Mary's Hospital and Rochester's wonderful walking/jogging/biking trail system.
Featuring classic hardwood floors and an open floor plan. The living room is spacious, inviting and features a gorgeous wood-burning fireplace as well as French doors to the back yard. A second floor balcony overlooks the back yard.
The house is surrounded by lovingly-restored, owner occupied historic homes on a quiet street that dead-ends at Cascade Creek in a friendly neighborhood.
This home will comfortably accomodate 5 - 7 people.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed
Upstairs Bedroom 1: Full/Double Bed
Upstairs Bedroom 2: Full/Double Bed
Main Floor Bedroom: Single/Twin Bed
The owners live five minutes away, and are always available by smart phone.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- There are several great restaurants very close by: 300 1st Ave NW - 1st Floor. 507-281-2451. 300 First features steaks, seafood and smokin' martinis in a hip, stylish atmosphere with red neon warming the century old brick walls featuring copper art work. The Redwood Room - 300 1st Ave NW - Lower Level. 507-281-2978. The Redwood Room offers rustic comfort food, craft beers and live music every night. Newts - 216 1/2 1st Ave SW. 507-289-0577. Everyone loves Newt’s for its award-winning burgers and cold beer served up with lots of popcorn. Voted Rochester's Best Burger for the past 8 years! The Loop - 318 1st Ave SW. 507-226-8644. Food choices range from Buffalo wings to fish tacos to steak. The decor and atmosphere are fun and upbeat. Extensive drink menu. Cheap Charlies - 11 5th St NW. 507-289-7693. 'Hole in the wall' breakfast joint serving breakfast, lunch and dinner all day. Yummy, greasy breakfast, good service from the waitresses, super cheap....moreless
- Wireless Internet
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Roller Blading
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Rochester is proud to be the home of Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic is the first and largest integrated, not-for-profit group practice in the world. Doctors from every medical specialty work together to care for patients under the philosophy of 'the needs of the patient come first.' A model for medical practice, Mayo Clinic took root and grew in the farm fields near Rochester. It combines a heritage of medical expertise with careful attention to individual patient needs, resulting in a thorough and personal approach to health care. The city of Rochester and its businesses also strive to create that personalized approach to all aspects of a guest's stay while visiting Mayo Clinic. Rochester is a city located known as a great place to live, work and visit. Rochester combines the best aspects of an innovative and cosmopolitan city with the charm of a small town environment....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
All the comforts of home!
All the comforts of home!
I was a patient at Mayo Clinic & needed a home close by for daily visits for 3-4 weeks. Convenient location, just 6 blocks from the clinic. My family walked back & forth, You do need a parking permit in this neighborhood (a high school is close by) the permit got us 3 blocks closer to clinic, so we would park there & walk to clinic. No garage at this house, so just on-street parking out front. 3 bedrooms & 1 full bath upstairs, 1 bedroom & small full bath downstairs. Had lots of family here the first week & needed the space. large dining room, living room, smaller kitchen. House is on a dead end, not much traffic. Pictures of house online were accurate. Very clean & comfortable. Owners were a phone call away. Had a couple technical difficulties & owner was there that day to take care of our needs. Location is convenient to all downtown amenities of shopping & restaurants. We would return & would recommend this property.
- Guest Troy (minneapolis mn United States)
- Date of stay 10/09/12
- Review Submitted 11/20/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, tourists without a car.
Monthly rate = $3,000.00 Weekly rate = $1,000.00 Nighly rate = $175.00 (3 night minimum - unless 3 nights are not available) $150.00 cleaning fee 11.375% Lodging Tax added to rent amount for stays shorter than 30 days Visa / Mastercard / e-check accepted
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Rochester International Airport at 9 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 52 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: 300 First Ave at 0.6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Redwood Room at 0.6 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We love vintage homes and have renovated several during the past 20 years.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The Kutzky Park neighborhood is located in the heart of Rochester, Minnesota, a couple blocks west of the Mayo Clinic. It is roughly bounded by Civic Center Drive to the north, 6th Avenue NW to the east, South 2nd Street to the south and 16th Ave NW to the west. Our neighborhood is just off Highway 52, behind Miracle Mile Shopping Center and is accessible from the 2nd St SW or Civic Center Drive exits. Kutzky Park is distinguished by its beautiful older homes in an incredible diversity of architectural styles, including Victorian, Bungalow, Four Square, Craftsman, Cape Cod and Colonial. In fact, Kutzky Park has the distinction of having the oldest framed structure in Rochester – a private home built in 1856. That’s pre-Civil war and prior to Minnesota statehood! The scenic Kutzky Park runs along Cascade Creek on the northern side of the neighborhood, has plenty of open green space, baseball and picnic facilities, and connects to Rochester’s extensive and ever-expanding bikepath system. The neighborhood is surrounded by countless employment, shopping, dining and recreational opportunities. Mayo Clinic and downtown Rochester are only a couple of blocks to the east, Miracle Mile Shopping Center is on the western edge, Barlow Plaza with HyVee and other businesses are north and, to the south, St. Marys Hospital and Canadian Honker Restaurant. (source: Kutzky Park Neighborhood Association)
- Primary: 507-250-5536
Links to more information:
Charming 1920's Home - Walking Distance to Mayo Clinic and Downtown Rochester.
Gorgeous Original Details
Cute-as-a-Button Vintage Kitchen
Cottage Style Bedroom with Double/Full Bed
1920's Period Details
French doors lead to the leafy back yard.
Spacious Living Room with Several Windows
Dining Room with Piano Windows
Master Bedroom with Queen Bed
Adorable Vintage Bath with Full Size Tub/Shower
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, August 24, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.