Acme Guesthouse: Downtown on Silverton's Main Drag
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Silverton apartment description
Hello, we’re Cassandra & Rob Roof! The Acme Guesthouse is owned and operated by the Roof family and is located in downtown Silverton, CO. The Acme Guesthouse accommodates 5+ people nightly or by the week. We look forward to hosting you for years and years to come; offering you inviting, private, clean and comfortable accommodations whenever you travel to Silverton. We’re located on the edge of the bustling business district on the main drag, Greene St.
Silverton is designated a National Historic Landmark. Silverton is also home to one of the most awesome and unique ski areas in the world, Silverton Mountain. Within a six block radius of the Acme Guesthouse, you’ll walk to coffee shops, cafes, restaurants, bars, shopping, museums, an original Carnegie Library, churches, mmj facilities, jeep-atv- and-bike rentals, scenic walking and backcountry tours and more. In the San Juan Mountains at 9,318 feet, you’re never far from the great outdoors, as jagged 13,000 peaks loom in all directions.
The Acme Guesthouse is accessed from Greene St., Silverton’s “main street,” and only paved road. Parking is directly in front of the entrance. Larger vehicles with trailers can park nearby on side-streets, or parallel in the winter. For guests without a vehicle, shuttle services can be arranged, or jeeps rented in the non-snowy months.
The Guesthouse has a sunroom that catches the first morning sun. Beyond is the spacious living/dining area, with comfortable lounging furniture, plenty of reading material, satellite TV and Wi-Fi. Our kitchen has been recently installed and includes all neccesary kitchen tools and appliances. The guesthouse has one bathroom with a tub/shower. There are 2 bedrooms in the Guesthouse a single queen room and a room with a queen and a twin.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the Acme Guesthouse.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 5-6
- 2 queen size beds, 1 twin
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- full tub/shower, soap, shampoo and conditioner
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Not Necessary
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Whitewater Rafting
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Roller Blading
- Rock Climbing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- The Acme Guesthouse is located downtown on the main drag of Silverton, CO – designated a National Historic Landmark – near coffee shops, cafes, restaurants, bars, shopping, museums, jeep rentals and tours. Nestled in the San Juan Mountains at 9318 feet, you’re never far from the great outdoors in Silverton; with numerous 13,000+ peaks looming in all directions. Silverton is home to the world-renowned Silverton Mountain Ski Area, which offers backcountry-style skiing and snowboarding, as well as helicoptor skiing. Extreme skiing not your thing? Silverton also boasts its own little ski hill, Kendall Mountain, 6 blocks away from the Acme Guesthouse. There's no better place to learn to ski, or to rip a bunch of runs with the whole family. Ultra-runners come to Silverton to partake in the Hardrock 100, as well as numerous other challenging running events throughout the summer. History buffs will enjoy Silverton's mining heritage. You'll step back in time as you walk the streets of silverton, visit the museums or historic tours, or take a ride on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Guage Railroad. Silverton is a funky mountain town, with a strong mining heritage. There's no better basecamp for the outdoor enthusiast than Silverton. Hiking, fishing, skiing, biking, jeeping, atv-ing, climbing and exploring are right out the front door of the Acme Guesthouse!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Downtown Silverton House
Great Downtown Silverton House
Just got back from staying at the Acme Guesthouse and skiing Silverton Mtn for a few days. There were three of us and the guesthouse was large enough for all of us, had good amenities, and is walking distance to food/drinks in town. The owners were great and available if needed. I've stayed at the hotels in town before, this was much better!
- Guest Brian M.
- Date of stay 01/02/14
- Review Submitted 01/06/14
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers.
We stayed at the Acme Guesthouse before taking off for a three day bike ride. The accommodations were great. While our friends were stuck in a tiny hotel room, we had room to stretch out and relax. And the owners were right there to take care of anything that we needed. We would stay there again and our friends that saw where we were staying said they would come back and stay there instead of the hotel.
- Guest Biker Chick (United States)
- Date of stay 06/07/13
- Review Submitted 06/14/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+.
Comfortable and convenient!
Comfortable and convenient!
I stayed at the Acme Guesthouse with 2 friends for an avalanche class at Silverton Avalanche School. It was very comfortable, and we enjoyed the convenience of being able to walk down the street to get dinner and drinks. We were there during an exceptionally cold period (temps down to -30 deg!) but we never had any issues. There was more than enough room for 3 people and all of our ski gear. I would recommend the Acme Guesthouse to anyone traveling to Silverton any time of the year. Thanks Cassandra and Rob!!
- Guest Joey (Durango, CO)
- Date of stay 01/11/13
- Review Submitted 02/26/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
I appreciate that the location is close to downtown and I was within walking distance to coffee shops, cocktails and yummy food! Hiking the San Juan Mountains in the fall was breathtaking. This place provides a nice warm place to come back to after a great day playing outside. The comfort and cleanliness was a notable feature of the Acme. Thanks to the owners! I definitely recommend staying.
- Guest T (Flagstaff)
- Date of stay 10/11/12
- Review Submitted 10/28/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
A home from home
A home from home
I hiked the Colorado Trail this year and popped into Silverton, Colorado looking for somewhere to stay. I stayed one night at the Acme guesthouse and enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness I received. Very comfortable and cosy. Like home. If you are in the area, please check it out. You will not be disappointed!
- Guest Plod (N.Z.)
- Date of stay 08/28/12
- Review Submitted 09/08/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, tourists without a car, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 26 - Mar 26, 2014
1 night min stay
Jun 29 - Aug 30, 2014
1 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates may be flexible during the off season, please feel free to ask!
Must call or email with credit card information to confirm reservation. Taxes not included.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Durango CO to the South, Montrose co to the North at 62 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: silverton transportation at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Train: durango & silverton narrow guage durangotrain.com at 48.7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: us 550 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: american legion, aka, the miner's tavern at 30 Metres
- Nearest Ski: silverton mountain at 6.1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: durango mountain resort at 32 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Avalanche Cafe at 0.1 Miles
About the owner: Many years ago while taking a month-long bicycle tour from Flagstaff, AZ to Iowa City, IA, we rode through the majestic San Juan Mountains of southwestern Colorado. Years passed, we married, graduated from college and had a kid. Seeking new opportunities, Rob convinced Cassandra to pull up stakes in Flagstaff, and move to Silverton! With no job prospects, and a months rent paid, we embarked on the journey that's led to Acme Guesthouse! Cassandra has managed the busiest lodging facility in Silverton for the last five years, and is now working on her MBA. Rob guides and patrols at the world-renowned Silverton Mountain Ski Area in the winter, and on the Colorado Trail with Colorado Mountain Expeditions in the summer. We both love to be outside as much as possible, getting after it!
- Primary: 970.769.6357
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
looking west towards Anvil Mtn., behind the Acme Guesthouse
sunroom entrance to the Acme Guesthouse
view from the leather couch in the living room, includes satellite tv and wi-fi
Kitchen, view from living room.
bathroom includes shampoo, conditioner and soap
Looking south, towards highway 550
front bedroom includes queen, closet and dresser
Entrance to Acme Guesthouse off the west side of Greene St (catches 1st sun!)
View from couch in Acme Guesthouse living room
Looking uptown from the Acme Guesthouse
The view of Kendall Mtn, out the front door of the Acme Guesthouse!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 09, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.