Economy Rental Special-Limited Time Only- Book Now!!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cherokee cabin description
KOZY KABIN ECONOMY SPECIAL ***LIMITED TIME- Book your stay now***: Our cabin is 8 minutes from Harrah's Casino.
Plans to finish the basement is expected for 2014 which will increase the price for all three levels and would include a game room and additional sleeping quarters. Access to the finished basement would require a separate entry code and higher rate. Vacationers will have the choice to occupy only the first two levels at a lower cost, or occupy all 3 levels which includes the additional sleeping quarters and game room at a higher rate. Rates that include the lower finished basement will be determined at the time it is completed. Currently, all rates reduced to half rate. Weekly rate is reduced from $1,200.00 a week plus fees and taxes ($1,449.60). Until the basement is finished the following rates are listed below:
o 7 nights $937.71
o 6 nights $819.93
o 5 nights $702.15
o 4 nights $584.37
The 2 and 3 night stays can only be reserved at any time for the months of January and February. During the remainder of the year 2/3 night reservations may be made at the earliest 7 days prior to the last minute get-away, if the dates are available. The 3 night cost is $466.59, and the 2 night cost is $348.81.
Rates include cleaning fee, state and county taxes (rates subject to change until confirmed)
The lower level (unfinished basement) has a pool table. Children and adults have fun and enjoy a relaxing game of pool.
The middle level has the kitchen area, living area, master suite, master bath with jacuzzi and french doors open to a covered porch with a 4-person hot tub.
The upper level has two bedrooms (2 twin beds and 1 queen bed) with a full bath and loft.
We have high speed internet in the cabin. Wi-fi range is 250 feet.
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 2-8
- Queen size Beds (1) One queen bed in the master suite and one queen bed in the upstairs bedroom. Each bedroom large enough for an added full size air mattress. Each bedroom has walk-in closet., Twin or Single Beds (1) Upstairs bedroom has 2 twin beds. Also, the bedroom has a large walk-in closet and each has room for a full size air mattress., Sleeper Sofa or Futons (1) Full size sleeper sofa bed in the living room area....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Gas Fireplace:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Air Conditioning:
- Living Room seats 8:
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Theme Parks
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Wildlife Viewing
- A special message from owners, Sal and Gail Gualemi... We built Kozy Kabin brand new in 2009. We found a sign that best described our dream and love for one another and hung it in the living room area that reads, “Two Hearts, Two Lives, One Dream for a Life Time of Love”, and it is our sincere pleasure to share our cabin and mountain to our guests! Sal and I are from Florida and the thought of owning a real log cabin and one day retiring in the Smoky Mountains excited us beyond belief. The beautiful country heart pine, wood floors and walls, large picture window, bronze metal roof and the vaulted ceiling was our dream come true! Honeymooners, those celebrating second honeymoons, anniversaries and all the special occasions...especially love our beautiful mountain views from the porch, living room as well as our large picture window in the loft. I call Kozy Kabin our “Healing Cabin”. We had several guests stay for a week that were recuperating from major surgery and illnesses such as heart disease and cancer. The beauty of the mountains and comfort of our cabin soothes the stress and brings comfort to the soul. Kozy Kabin is also perfect for a Couples Getaway...romantic and the feel of living in a tree house! It's also perfect for a Girlfriends Getaway...so many things to do...and that's without leaving the cabin! But most of all...Kozy Kabin is perfect for families....families that want to create awesome unforgettable memories of time spent together. Located only a few minutes from Bryson City and Cherokee, we offer a great location centrally located to many towns and vacation activities... (we think the best location of all)... right in the midst of everything ... an easily accessible road (that means you don't have to drive a 4-wheel drive vehicle), a long driveway we just paved, wonderful views that you will fall in love with, and nature at its best... Recent guests were thrilled to discover Elk in Cherokee (5 minutes from our cabin) on their trip back from Gatlinburg, TN. Kozy Kabin has 1,500 + sq. feet of living area, with a large great room that has a vaulted ceiling, an open floor plan, three bedrooms plus a loft overlooking beautiful mountain views, two and half bathrooms, a large open porch and a covered porch where you will enjoy the wonderful mountain breezes and because we love games, we have a mini-game room with a pool table in the basement ...we also have a large hot tub for adults to use on our covered porch, which is accessible from the french doors in the master suite. We are just a few minutes away from Bryson City... known as the 'Outdoor Adventure' capital of the Great Smoky Mountains. Bryson City is a 'real' town...it isn't overrun with tourists, and it has its own special quaintness and charm. With the terrain, outfitters and guides, Bryson City qualifies as the center of outdoor adventure in the Southeast. For four decades, the Nantahala Outdoor Center in Bryson City has provided rafting, paddling instruction, and supplies to adventurers of all ages. We are centrally located for all of the Smokey Mountain activities! Bryson City offers unparalleled views, along with miles of hiking and biking trails (hike the Appalachian Trail...it is only 15 minutes from Kozy Kabin), mountain golf at the Smokey Mountain Country Club, or Cherokee Golf Club and the scenic Great Smokey Mountain Railroad. Nearby Fontana Lake is a beautiful mountain lake where you can swim, fish, and rent a pontoon boat for either half or the entire day. Also nearby is the Nantahala Outdoor Center for white-water rafting and kayaking, horseback riding, and the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway. Some of the most strenuous and scenic mountain biking trails in the east are found in the Tsali Recreation Area near Bryson City, Cherokee (where you can try your luck at Harrah's Casino or go to the wonderful new movie theatre), Gem Mining, and Deep Creek for tubing, hiking, horseback riding and picnics. Western North Carolina is absolutely great for flea-markets and antiquing ...and... maybe best of all, Ingles Supermarket is only 20 minutes away, and Food Lion in Cherokee is 10 minutes away. Take 441 in Cherokee to Gaitlinberg, TN, which Gaitlinberg is only 35 minutes from our cabin..that is... if you don't stop and inhale the magnificent mountain views along the way....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This Kabin was Great! : )
This Kabin was Great! : )
Kozy Kabin was absolutely beautiful! So quaint, home away from home feel! Super clean and everything you needed was there and was really nice. Will be awesome when the lower level game room is complete! The cabin is easy to get to and find. The location for going to the casino was perfect for us just a short 10 minute ride if that. Would love to return!!
- Guest Mandy
- Date of stay 02/07/14
- Review Submitted 02/20/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Amanda, thank you so very much for the 5 star review. I am very happy you loved the cabin. I cannot wait until the basement is finished. I have pictures in my mind of how I want it to look and hopefully every vacationer will be pleasantly surprised when it is finished. I am now starting to receive estimates. My cabin is continuously reserved which is making it a bit hard to remodel without loosing cash flow. But I will make it work. If the basement is not completed in September, then with God's Will sometime in the first quarter of 2015 I plan to have it completed. Many Blessings to you Amanda and your family. I would love to have you return again.
Definitely worth the money! The cabin is very efficient and beautiful. If going to Cherokee, NC again, I would stay here. Property owner was great to deal with as well! The hot tub was definitely a plus. All the things you need and want in a vacation home!
- Guest Very Pleased
- Date of stay 01/09/14
- Review Submitted 01/15/14
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you Marsha for your wonderful review. It truly means a lot to hear you had a great experience vacationing at the cabin. Love to have you back again. God Bless Always .
Getaway for my Grandparents
Getaway for my Grandparents
My family and I love the Kozy Kabin! It was a perfect get away for my grandparents! They loved every second of it! The ride through the smokey mountain park was beautiful!! We had home cooked meals for breakfast as dinner every night !! Thank you so much for sharing your Kozy Kabin!!!
- Guest Ashlie P.
- Date of stay 01/01/14
- Review Submitted 01/14/14
Owner response: Thank you Ashlie for your wonderful review of Kozy Kabin. I am so happy your Grandparents enjoyed the cabin along with the rest of the family. The Smoky Mountains are so breathtakingly beautiful. Truly God's Country shines through for all to see in wonder and amazement. Those home cooked breakfast meals for dinner always seem to hit the spot while vacationing in the cabin. We witness our own appetites expanding while staying at the cabin. God Bless Always!
Beautiful getaway in a scenic location!
Beautiful getaway in a scenic location!
We had decided to go to Bryson City in December to ride the Polar Express for our daughter's 6th birthday. My parents were flying in to meet us, and we wanted to make a nice family getaway out of it. I was hoping to find a cozy but spacious log cabin with a nice mountain view, and Kozy Kabin FAR exceeded all of our expectations. It's large, clean, very well appointed - anything you might need is there for your comfort and convenience, and the view is truly breathtaking. We enjoyed cooking dinners, grilling, using the outdoor hot tub, relaxing by the fireplace, taking scenic walks and just being together as a family. I would recommend this lovely cabin to anyone considering a stay in the area.
- Guest Anna W.
- Date of stay 12/20/13
- Review Submitted 01/03/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you Anna for your wonderful review of Kozy Kabin. You will forever have special precious memories of time spent at the cabin with your family and riding the Polar Express. I am so happy that Kozy Kabin was a part of your family experience and memories that you will hold close to your hearts forever...and ever! Have a healthy, happy new year and many Blessings are sent to you and your family.
I loved it!! Clean, nice and homey feeling!
- Guest Crw (Ga)
- Date of stay 12/13/13
- Review Submitted 12/18/13
Owner response: Thank you Crystal for the wonderful 5 star review. Your review as short and sweet as it is, says a whole lot more in between the lines. I couldn't have said it better. Merry Christmas to you Crystal and your family. Many, many Blessings to all!
Beautiful cabin, very cosy!
Beautiful cabin, very cosy!
My extended family and I stayed in this cabin for a week just after Thanksgiving, and were blown away with how beautiful and welcoming this cabin was. The quality of the home is outstanding, double glazed windows, making everything very warm and quiet. Everything we could possibly need was provided, with clear instructions on how to use everything. The home was immaculate upon arrival, and entry and exit was a breeze. It's located within a quick drive to both Gatlinburg, Asheville and the Great Smoky Mountains NP.
- Guest Sarah L.
- Date of stay 11/30/13
- Review Submitted 12/12/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you Sarah for such a wonderful and loving review of my cabin. I am so very happy all of you enjoyed the cabin and surrounding area. I have truly been Blessed with wonderful vacationers such as yourself loving the cabin and taking such good care of it while staying there. Merry Christmas to you and all of your family. May you have a healthy and joyous New Year's. Sending many, many Blessings to all.
Great location, wonderful stay!
Great location, wonderful stay!
We really enjoyed this cabin. It was very close to both Cherokee and Bryson City and Smoky Mountain National Park to give us multiple things to do. There was plenty of room for us all to spread out in the cabin and the hot tub was filled and ready to go when we arrived. I only wish the weather had been more cooperative so we could enjoy the area more but that did not take away from the quality of the cabin itself. If I had to suggest anything to the owners it would be to have more cooking utensils as we cooked almost every night and we could have used a few things that weren't there. Thanks so much for renting your wonderful cabin!
- Guest Despedina (Hillsboro, MO)
- Date of stay 11/23/13
- Review Submitted 12/03/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you Stephanie for the wonderful 5 star review. Yesterday, when I received the review notification I emailed you to get some suggestions of the additional utensils. I will be sending Jeannie to the store to purchase large carving knives for items such as turkey as well as a cooking thermometer and a larger fry pan. I thought I already had a larger 14" fry pan at the cabin, but evidently do not. I did have a manual can opener as you had suggested in addition to the electric can opener. I will make sure Jeannie purchases another manual can opener. I sincerely appreciate your recommendations and it was wonderful to hear that if you plan on vacationing in the area again you will be sure to look up my cabin first for availability. Many Blessings Stephanie to you and your family. Have a joyous Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
I took my girlfriend here for her birthday, and we had a great time. The cabin is very nice, with great views of the mountains. We went to the Casino a lot which is also very close to the cabin. Perfect weekend getaway :-)!!!!!!
- Guest Julian L.
- Date of stay 11/09/13
- Review Submitted 11/14/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you Julian for taking the time to write a review and giving the cabin a 5 star review. I am happy you both enjoyed your time at the cabin God Bless you both..
We loved your cabin. My husband and I stayed for our honeymoon. We will definitely be going back. The cabin was nice and everything I expected it to be.
- Guest Maria H.
- Date of stay 10/28/13
- Review Submitted 11/02/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing.
Owner response: Maria, thank you very much for rating Kozy Kabin with 5 stars. I am so happy you had a lovely time at the cabin and surrounding area on your honeymoon and I look forward to having you both stay again. Many Blessings to both of you as you begin a new life together and journey.
Absolutely loved it. Hope to get back in the future!
- Guest Melanie S.
- Date of stay 10/11/13
- Review Submitted 10/16/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you Melanie for your 5 star review of Kozy Kabin. I am glad you had a wonderful time. I would love to have you back for future visits. Enjoy the remainder of the year. God Bless!
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
2/3 Night rental requests cannot be reserved in advance unless it is for the months of January or February. During the rest of the year the 2/3 night stays are available to those who want a last minute upcoming get-away (call/inquire within 7 days prior to anticipated stay) if the days are available.
*** October through December are for those who wish to rent for the 6/7 night special.
- Cleaning Fee: $100 + tax
- Tax Rate 13.25%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Asheville, North Carolina at 65 Miles
- Nearest Train: Bryson City at 15 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bryson City at 15 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Maggie Valley at 25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Cherokee at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Welcome to our Kozy Kabin. In 2009, Sal and I decided to build our dream home for our retirement. Since we are not ready to retire, we decided to let guests see for themselves the beauty, peace, healing and calming effects our cabin and mountain views bestow upon those who visit our cabin.
Why the Owner Chose Cherokee:
Approximately ten years ago, Sal and I visited Bryson City for a high school reunion from Florida. It was a wonderful reunion and vacation all-in-one. We knew that one day when the opportunity arose we would build our retirement home here. That opportunity came in 2009. While we are not ready to retire, we want others to see and feel what we felt each time we came and stayed at our cabin.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We fell in love with the home we built and the beautiful mountain views. You can look out our windows and see nothing but mountains after mountains. The weather is perfect for eating outside and what a beautiful breathtaking backdrop view as we eat on the porch or inside the cabin with neighbors living on the mountain and friends who are vacationing in their own cabins on the mountain. We feel like we are in a fairytale book that has become real and alive with magic, love, healing and tranquility. And because of this, we want our guests to experience what we have experienced.
- Primary: 727-389-5033
- Secondary: 727-232-2744
- Tertiary: +1 727-232-2744 cell towers are down - call the home phone
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Our beautiful cabin!! 3 bedrooms 2 1/2 bath with basement (pool table).
Queen size bed in master suite. French doors open to covered porch w/hot tub.
Jacuzzi tub in master bath
1/2 bath prior to entering master suite.
Queen bed in 3rd bedroom. Large walk-in closet.
Kitchen area comes with appliances, elec. mixer, can opener, utensils, dishes...
Full size sofa couch in living area.
Large covered porch.
I made our first tabletop snowman in 2009.
Or, have a picnic under the covered pavillion.
Our favorite. A baby Elk eating on its knees.
Beautiful mountain views from our porch.
Great for winter vacations too. Just a short distance from the entrance.
Shower in Master Bath
Double sinks in master suite
Two Twin Beds upstairs in 2nd bedroom. Large walk-in closet.
Full bath upstairs on 3rd level.
Looking up at our loft from the kitchen area.
Cable flat screen TV and fire place in living area.
Our first Christmas spent at the cabin in 2009. Beautiful white snow..magical!
Play volley ball while having a picnic on the mountain community river bank
Look for the Elk in Cherokee on 441 as you leave for Gatlinberg TN.
Two male Elk locking horns, having a disagreement over the female Elk.
Another beautiful mountain view from our porch.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 09, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.