Beautiful and Unique 'Dwell' Style Mountain Retreat
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tahoe Donner house description
Our vacation home is a unique mountain home design that is conveniently located to all Tahoe Donner amenities. Built by an architect to be his own home, the house is ideally situated on a landscaped lot to take advantage of the natural light, views, and outdoor living in the mountains. The floor plan accommodates large parties featuring a common great room, dining and kitchen area that flows for easy entertaining. The house is light-filled with lots of windows, soaring ceilings, beautiful woodwork, slate, and travertine tile throughout.
Ideally suited for 3 families with kids or a large group, the house features a master suite with a cal king bed, 2 queen bedrooms with a common bathroom and loft area on the second floor. There is also a first floor 'bunk' room featuring a twin over full and twin over twin bunk bed with a seating area and mini-refrigerator. A great place for the kids or teenagers to hang out.
The gourmet kitchen features granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. It is a cook's kitchen fully outfitted with everything needed to prepare and present fare for a large group. 2 sinks, 1 on the island for food prep, large pantry for food storage and a mini-bar with refrigerator for beer, wine and libations.
The backyard is beautifully landscaped with natural rocks, lawn and courtyard area. The outdoor layout allows you to take advantage of Tahoe's warm summer days and evenings for outdoor entertaining and recreating.
There is a large 3 car garage with plenty of off street parking to accommodate your large party.
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, Beds for 11-13
- King size beds (1) A california King is located in master suite, Queen size Beds (2) 2 queen bedrooms are located upstairs off the loft, Double Beds (1) Downstairs 'bunk' room contains a twin over full and twin bunk bed, Twin or Single Beds (3) Downstairs 'bunk' room contains a twin over full and twin bunk bed, Baby Cribs (1) Graco Pack and Play, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Queen sleeper in living area, Bunk Beds (1) Downstairs 'bunk' room contains a twin over full and twin bunk bed...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- Wood Stove
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Shared Hot Tub:
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Mobile Phone
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Our vacation home is located in Tahoe Donner, a residential community located in Truckee, CA. Tahoe Donner offers a wide range of amenities local to the Tahoe Area. If your a skier or boarder, Tahoe Donner is conveniently located to many of Tahoe's ski areas, offering an unparalleled range of terrain for all abilities. Tahoe Donner has its own ski area that is a great place for kids and beginner skiers. If you are looking for more advanced terrain or like to shred in the terrain park, Tahoe Donner is also conveniently located to a range of ski areas to suit your needs including Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley Resort. Cross country or skate skier? Tahoe Donner has a cross country ski center with an extensive network of trails offering world class skate and cross country skiing. If you are a hiker or mountain biker, the trails in the immediate vicinity of Tahoe Donner offer terrain for all levels including the Euer Valley, Emigrant, Western States pacific Crest, and Donner Lake Rim trail. If you like water sports, Tahoe Donner has a private beach where you can relax and read a book while the kids play, rent kayaks, paddle-boards, sailboats or launch your powerboat for tubing or skiing on Donner Lake. Can't take a vacation from your workout? Tahoe Donner has a beautiful fitness center offering child care, free and machine weights, lap pool, sauna, classes and a full range of aerobic equipment. Golfer? Located in the heart of Tahoe Donner is one of the premier golf courses in the Sierra's. If you need variety, there are three more courses to choose from within 20 minutes of Tahoe Donner. Just want to sit by the pool and relax? Tahoe Donner has two pools with lifeguards. Kids want to hit the playground, there are two playgrounds, one next to a creek that keeps the kids busy for hours. Want to do a little shopping? Truckee is a charming mountain town with a wide range of shops in restaurants in the downtown area. Truckee Thursdays is a don't miss event of activities, food, art, and music throughout the summer. Foodie? Located in the heart of Tahoe Donner is the Lodge restaurant and bar featuring great food and cocktails. Just minutes away are a variety of restaurants for every taste and budget. Locavore? Truckee has a farmers market on Tuesday's offering a wide array of local produce, food, and crafts. Want to send the kids to camp? Tahoe Donner offers great kids camps as well as camps offered by the Truckee recreation department which has a wide range of camps for kids of all ages and interests. The list of all there is to do in Tahoe Donner? downhill and cross country skiing; hot tubs; sledding hill; golf course; private beach, clubhouse, and boat launch on Donner Lake; driving range; playgrounds; hiking trails; mountain bike trails; basketball court; equestrian center; tennis courts; fine and casual dining. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Winter: $450/night (Dec 1 - Apr 15) Summer: $400/night (Jun 16 - Sep 30) Spring/Fall: $350/night (Apr 16 - Jun 15/Oct 1 - Nov 30) Christmas, New Years, MLK, President's Day: $475/night Thanksgiving: $390/night July 4, Labor Day: $425/night Additional Fees: Cleaning Fee $250, Tax 10%, Deposit $1000 2 night minimum stay (longer minimum during holiday/peak periods)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Reno at 42 Miles
- Nearest Train: Truckee Train Station at 6 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: HWY 80 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Donner Lake at 6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Lodge at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Tahoe Donner Ski Area at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Tahoe Donner Golf Course at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Lodge at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We are a family of 4, husband, wife and two boys 8 and 10.
Why the Owner Chose Tahoe Donner:
We love the outdoors. Mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and water sports...all that Tahoe has to offer. We purchased this property because of all the places we have visited this is the place we keep coming back to enjoy.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We had rented many properties in and around Tahoe Donner. We love all of the amenities and family friendly atmosphere of Tahoe Donner. We fell in love with the rustic yet modern design of this house. The floorplan design, soaring ceilings, extensive use of wood, natural light and unique architectural touches throughout the house make it a great house to entertain family and friends in Tahoe.
- Primary: (510) 928-4247
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Outside living area
Front of the house
View of Living Area from Above
Unique architectural touches throughout the house
View from back courtyard area
Living and Dining Area
View of dining area and kitchen
Master Bath with jetted tub, separate shower, and double sinks
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 27, 2013
4 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.