Ocala National Forest House for Naturalists W/ Stabling
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Architect designed 2/2 located on 14 forested acres, horse and dog friendly.
If you want to “get away from it all” in a unique modern architect designed home, hike or ride in the Ocala National Forest (adjoins the property with miles of trails - map provided), lounge in a hot tub with a total nature setting (for six), and no dirt roads to get there - this is the place for you! And only 20 min to Ocala. House furnished with all necessities, fireplace, eat-in kitchen w W/D, LR w sleepsofa, king BR, queen BR, cable TV, wireless. Paddock, stable for 3, feed store nearby. Onsite parking and 2 car garage. Home has views all sides, brings nature into your lifestyle. Front patio. Great water quality. Citrus orchard, 6 acre grass pond, wildlife & wading birds. Horse activities nearby. Florida Carriage Museum, Fl Horse Park, barrel racing arena within 4 miles. Cross Fl Greenway trails & 100 mile trail in the Ocala Nat Forest. Lake Weir and Ocklawaha nearby to launch your boat.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- King size beds (1) Master bedroom is furnished, king bed, dressers, walkin closet, master bath within., Queen size Beds (1) Second bedroom on opposite side of living room from Master bedroom adjacent to front entrance, access to bath from within., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Sleepsofa in living room can be used for additional guests....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Wood Stove:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- Washing Machine
- Hiking / riding/ carriage trails on site and continuing into the Ocala National Forest. Citrus from the orchard trees is available for guest use during the winter months. A fenced yard, with trees and grass, is adjacent to the pet door into the house with roofed-over pet enclosure for use of pre-approved pets. A remote kennel is located close to the stable, for use of pre-approved pets....moreless
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Bird Watching
- Adjacent to Ocala National Forest hiking and horseback trails, natural springs and streams with canoeing and swimming. Spectacular Florida Carriage Museum and equestrian resort. Florida Horse Park (Equestrian Events and trail rides) 45 minutes away. Cross Florida Greenway (horse, bike, hiking trails). Barrel racing. 1-1/2 hour trips to Marineland (run by the Georgia Aquarium, offers Swim With the Dolphins) and Ormond Beach. St Johns and Ocklawaha Rivers for boaters. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Discounts: 60 nights or more $90 nightly
Jun 1 - Sep 14
5 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more $100 nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Summer low season rates are available on request
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Pet Fee: $0
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
- Nearest Airport: Orlando, FL at 75 Miles
- Nearest Train: Ocala downtown station at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US HWY 40 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Daytona Beach, FL at 60 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Gator Joe's, Ocklawaha, Lake Weir FL at 10 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Ocala Golf Club at 10 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Kick'n'Back Restaurant, Lynne, FL at 8 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
Why the Owner Chose Ocala:
This property was unspoiled, all forested, and offered opportunity to nestle the house among native trees and wildlife where nobody had cleared before. Maximum trees and native plants have been retained. Wildlife is appreciated and views are natural.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Architect designed and built this home to maximize the spectacular forest setting, using major glass areas to frame vistas from every room. Featured is a great room with ceiling slope matching the roof, bedrooms/baths on opposite sides of the living area. In this house you can experience the Florida wilderness in comfort and style.
- Primary: 3527894402
- Secondary: +
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living Room offers natural vistas from west to east and brings the outdoors in
rare Wood Storks in the sandhill pond.
House in Spring, front entrance approached from circular drive.Shows SS chimney
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013