Ocala National Forest House for Naturalists W/ Stabling
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Ocala house description
Architect designed 2/2 located on 14 forested acres, horse and dog friendly.
If you want to “get away from it all” in a unique modern architect designed home, hike or ride in the Ocala National Forest (adjoins the property with miles of trails - map provided), lounge in a hot tub with a total nature setting (for six), and no dirt roads to get there - this is the place for you! And only 20 min to Ocala. House furnished with all necessities, fireplace, eat-in kitchen w W/D, LR w sleepsofa, king BR, queen BR, cable TV, wireless. Paddock, stable for 3, feed store nearby. Onsite parking and 2 car garage. Home has views all sides, brings nature into your lifestyle. Front patio. Great water quality. Citrus orchard, 6 acre grass pond, wildlife & wading birds. Horse activities nearby. Florida Carriage Museum, Fl Horse Park, barrel racing arena within 4 miles. Cross Fl Greenway trails & 100 mile trail in the Ocala Nat Forest. Lake Weir and Ocklawaha nearby to launch your boat.
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- King size beds (1) Master bedroom is furnished, king bed, dressers, walkin closet, master bath within., Queen size Beds (1) Second bedroom on opposite side of living room from Master bedroom adjacent to front entrance, access to bath from within., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Sleepsofa in living room can be used for additional guests....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Wood Stove:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Covered Parking
- Hiking / riding/ carriage trails on site and continuing into the Ocala National Forest. Citrus from the orchard trees is available for guest use during the winter months. A fenced yard, with trees and grass, is adjacent to the pet door into the house with roofed-over pet enclosure for use of pre-approved pets. A remote kennel is located close to the stable, for use of pre-approved pets....moreless
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Bird Watching
- Adjacent to Ocala National Forest hiking and horseback trails, natural springs and streams with canoeing and swimming. Spectacular Florida Carriage Museum and equestrian resort. Florida Horse Park (Equestrian Events and trail rides) 45 minutes away. Cross Florida Greenway (horse, bike, hiking trails). Barrel racing. 1-1/2 hour trips to Marineland (run by the Georgia Aquarium, offers Swim With the Dolphins) and Ormond Beach. St Johns and Ocklawaha Rivers for boaters. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful forest location!
Beautiful forest location!
Great location! Beautiful property. The dogs had as good of a time as we did!!
- Guest Dawn W.
- Date of stay 07/11/13
- Review Submitted 07/20/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, pet owners.
Owner response: Thank you Dawn! Spread the barks - Hope to see you again in Ocala AnneTucker Meinel
From the moment we pulled into the gate it was a beautiful country experience. Me and my girlfriend we had so much fun walking and riding on the woods The house was so pet friendly that make our experience even better. We recommend this house if you want to a Country getaway. Noemi Gonzalez
- Guest MTB (Miami)
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 07/09/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing, pet owners.
Very comfortable neighborhood, great for a quiet getaway.
- Guest Lonnie (Destin)
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 07/04/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, people with disabilities, girls getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you Lonnie. Quiet encourages the wildlife and birds that we love. Happy also that you want to come back!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Discounts: 60 nights or more: $90 Nightly
Jun 1 - Sep 14
5 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $100 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Summer low season rates are available on request
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee: $0
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Orlando, FL at 75 Miles
- Nearest Train: Ocala downtown station at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US HWY 40 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Daytona Beach, FL at 60 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Gator Joe's, Ocklawaha, Lake Weir FL at 10 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Ocala Golf Club at 10 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Kick'n'Back Restaurant, Lynne, FL at 8 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
Why the Owner Chose Ocala:
This property was unspoiled, all forested, and offered opportunity to nestle the house among native trees and wildlife where nobody had cleared before. Maximum trees and native plants have been retained. Wildlife is appreciated and views are natural.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Architect designed and built this home to maximize the spectacular forest setting, using major glass areas to frame vistas from every room. Featured is a great room with ceiling slope matching the roof, bedrooms/baths on opposite sides of the living area. In this house you can experience the Florida wilderness in comfort and style.
- Primary: 3527894402
- Secondary: +
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living Room offers natural vistas from west to east and brings the outdoors in
rare Wood Storks in the sandhill pond.
House in Spring, front entrance approached from circular drive.Shows SS chimney
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, September 30, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.