Summerland, Luxury 4-Bedroom Villa at Round Hill
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Montego Bay villa description
Summerland is a beautiful private home situated on 2 acres within the luxurious Round Hill Hotel compound. Its unique location atop Round Hill offers magnificent views of Montego Bay, pleasant tropical breezes and spectacular sunsets. The furnishings reflect the colonial ambiance of Jamaica with comfortable, contemporary furniture and antiques, designer fabrics, and mahogany accents. Meals are prepared to your specifications by a personal chef and served al fresco on the front and back verandas.
A full time butler, housekeeper, laundress and gardener complete the friendly and welcoming staff at the villa who will meet your every need but will never intrude on your privacy. The home also includes a membership to the exclusive Round Hill Hotel where you can enjoy access to the private beach, infinity swimming pool, ocean side bars, restaurant, water sports, fitness center, spa, shops, business center and tennis courts.
- 3000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- The master bedroom and is on the opposite side of the house from the other bedrooms, for added privacy. French doors open from the master bedroom onto a private patio for sunbathing and allow direct access to the garden and swimming pool. A king-sized bed and private, en suite bath make this a completely self-contained space. Bedroom 1 has a queen-sized bed and a private entrance to the garden. Bedrooms 2 and 3 have two twin/single beds which can be converted to king-sized beds if desired. Bedrooms 1 through 3 have large closets and recently renovated private baths with tub/showers. Baby cribs available on request. Playpen also available. Please inquire at the time of booking....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 0
- Parking Off Street
- Hair Dryer
- A special amenity available to guests in this villa is membership at Round Hill ... just five minutes from the villa and one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast. Membership entitles guests to access Round Hill's private beach and tennis on hard-surface courts lit for night play and with pro on call. (Charges apply to lessons and ball boys.) Round Hill also offers a jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, beach bar, piano bar, Continental cuisine in the hotel restaurant ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace. For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, Pineapple Kids Club, fitness center, a range of water sports and parties (Monday beach party, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party, Friday Jamaica Night). Note: Round Hill will be closed September 4 till October 9, 2012....moreless
- Video Games:
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Outdoor Grill
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
ReviewsWrite a review
My husband and I went just for 5 days, but it was fantastic! The villa was very comfortable, the staff very accommodating, the Chef- Chubby just incredible. We had everything we needed at the villa, but also had a quick walk or golf cart ride to the amenities at Round Hill. The oversized swimming pool was great for my husband and I get to our morning swim in before a wide array or fresh fruit for breakfast. We are already planning our return trip! This is a must in Montego Bay, Jamaica!
- Guest janet (United States)
- Date of stay 07/17/13
- Review Submitted 08/12/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing, age 55+.
Manager response: The best compliment is a not only a returning customer but one that recommends our home to others. Thank you so much. We are so proud of our home and staff and LOVE to share it with others. We know you have so many choices where you can stay and are gracious you have chosen Summerland.
Summerland; simply the best
Summerland; simply the best
This is a bit belated but I have wanted to post a review. We stayed for a week at Summerland on Round Hill in late May to celebrate my 40th birthday and our 10th anniversary. The trip from BWI direct to Montego Bay was easy with the small kids and then we were escorted through customs and to our waiting van stocked with cool water. We were on the hotel grounds 25 minutes later and greeted by the lovely and friendly staff at Summerland Villa. The owners had put up three swings for our young daughters and facilitated our dietary requests, some key food shopping and stocking the bar. Chubby, the cook was adorable, sweet, polite and a fabulous cook. Anthony the butler was wonderful. Utella, the housekeeper and rest of the staff were also like family. We had amazing meals each day that were fresh and tailored to our needs and tastes. For my daughter's 5th birthday, Chubby learned to make red velvet cake that was fantastic and the staff decorated the villa with streamers and balloons. Our Round Hill nanny, Francine was fabulous and totally calm, competent and unfazed by our three girls ages 6, 5 and almost 2. She took them all to kids club, the beach, the pool, fed them, bathed them. I wanted to take her back to Washington with us. During the times we didn't have Francine, the hotel was extremely laid back and kid friendly. The beach is small but gentle with clear blue, warm water. The pool has a kiddie pool and friendly attendants. Every Round Hill staff person was so happy and helpful; we just adored our vacation. The hotel is beautiful, the bar area and spa are amazing. The grounds are immaculate. It is not cheap, even in off-season but having the in-house staff with a cook, bar and butler saves a lot of money in the restaurant. We did go to the restaurant for the beach barbeque and again for dessert and drinks for the steel drum party. The food was good but not as good as Chubby's! We long to go back. My husband and I are in agreement we just can't go back to Round Hill without the kids or ever stay anywhere but Summerland since we adore the staff. For anyone wanting a truly fantastic and stress-free family vacation, Round Hill is unforgettable. PS we left the property one day to do a canopy tour -- the bus that picked us up was packed with couples and a family from a huge hotel down the way. They were totally shocked and amazed at Round. It's really that beautiful!
- Guest LuLuBelle (Washington, DC)
- Date of stay 05/19/12
- Review Submitted 10/29/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+.
PerfectGuest comment entered by manager
I look forward to the opportunity of getting back there to stay. Summerland is for us the ideal vacation home, we find it perfect in every way and far superior to all the other properties. I would describe it as Perfect taste!
- Guest T. Walker
- Date of stay 02/01/05
- Review Submitted 10/28/12
"...a wee bit special.."Guest comment entered by manager
"...a wee bit special.."
Ah Summerland! What a real treat! Jamaica & Round Hill are just amazing, but there is something a wee bit special about Summerland. I recommend it on many many many levels. Its location is very private with its own very well maintained pool, yet walking or riding (they have the carts that will wisk you back and forth to the main property if you like!). The views and accommodations are lovely and very "fitting" for the Caribbean. And oh the staff....! I can't say enough about them & I can still recall their names today, with Miss Chubby and Anthony being right there at the top! I rented Summerland for a wedding I was attending in May of 2011 and after doing, so I was asked to host a Friday night Wedding Cocktail. Needless to say, I was stressed but assured "not to worry." The cocktail party needless to say, came of without any snags. The staff came together like we'd been working together seamlessly for years and I was in my own home. It was most impressive and my guests I didn't want to leave! As I say, I highly recommend Summerland and can't wait to get back!"
- Guest S. Taylor, Atlanta
- Date of stay 05/01/11
- Review Submitted 10/28/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 15 - Apr 19, 2014
7 night min stay
Dec 21 - Dec 27, 2013
7 night min stay
|New Year's Week
Dec 28 - Jan 3, 2014
7 night min stay
Apr 19 - Apr 26, 2014
8 night min stay
Apr 27 - Dec 13, 2014
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice. Use of resort facilities may incur additional fees. Contact us for information on minimum night stays.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Sangster International Airport (Montego Bay [MBJ]) at 11 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: A1 at 800 Metres
- Nearest Beach: Round Hill Hotel beach at 400 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Round Hill Hotel at 400 Metres
- Nearest Golf: The Tryall Club at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Round Hill Hotel at 400 Metres
- Secondary: +001 440-543-7818
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - More amenities and photos on this link
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The view at dawn from the back veranda.
The great room, flanked by front and back verandas.
Great room, south side, with dining area.
Bedroom 1 on the west side of the villa. All bedrooms have their own bath.
Bedroom 2. Twin-sized beds can be converted to a king-sized bed.
Bedroom 3. This bedroom overlooks the pool.
The master bedroom is on the opposite side of the house from the other bedrooms.
Sitting area on the back veranda.
The back veranda overlooks the 20 by 50 foot private pool.
Another view of the pool and gardens.
Entrance to Summerland Villa.
Great room, north side.
The front veranda where breakfast and dinner are served.
Bedroom 1 is located at the front of the villa.
En suite bath, bedroom 1.
En suite bath, bedroom 2.
Bedroom 3. Each bedroom has a desk and air conditioning.
En suite bath, bedroom 3.
En suite bath, master bedroom.
Ready for lunch on the back veranda, overlooking the pool and Montego Bay.
The back veranda and pool.
View of a moonlit bay...
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 16, 2013