The Yellow Box: 5,000 Sqft Cabin/Gameroom Pickwick Lake; Multi Family
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pickwick Lake lodge description
The Yellow Box is a 5,000 sq ft custom built cabin that sleeps 17.This is our personal dream home. From the floor to the ceiling is all pine wood. NO SMOKING NO PETS Master bedroom has a California king bed and offers on suite bathroom at its finest! Master shower is 7ftx7ft and has 2 shower heads, rain head, 4 body jets. Also, has garden tub with body jets for a total relaxing vacation. Double sink/mirror so nobody has to share in this suite! Closet is custom walk in with plenty of space for everyone stuff. 2 night stands, alarm clock, 2 lamps, TV/DVD combo located above garden doors for easy viewing even from bed, why leave??
Bedroom in front has two full size beds, built in closet storage, chester drawer storage,alarm clock,lamp, TV/DVD combo. It connects to the 'jack and jill' bathroom. Bath has shower, vanity, toilet and plenty of space for guest sharing. The back bedroom has one king size bed and one queen size bed, built in closet storage, dresser storage, TV, DVD, lamp. Joins to the 'jack and jill' bathroom.
The living room and kitchen are open concept! Real wood burning fireplace is the center point while relaxing on the leather couch or loveseat. Just sit back and relax a watch a movie or get a lake report before boating, golfing, hiking, swimming, or just hang out. The kitchen is equipped nicely with double ovens, regular oven, dishwasher, sink, garden sink, microwave, refrigerator. Dining area is set for six but there is plenty of bar space for others. There is a main bath with stand up shower for other guest in this area also. The living space has concrete floors and the kitchen is wooden floors. Hot tub is located off of the kitchen door on main deck. Hot tub has covered roof with ceiling fan/light combo. The deck is HUGE! Plenty of seating out in the peace and quiet of the country. Watch wildlife, check out the stars, or just grab a book. You will want to stay out here for awhile and enjoy it all. Back in the kitchen/living you will find a spiral staircase that leads you to the 3rd floor! GAMEROOM as we call it! Fun for the whole family. Play some basketball toss, Foosball, air hockey, darts, or just some old fashion pool. Also, located at the end is a 52' TV mounted high for that movie feeling. DVD up here is blue ray.The upper deck offers water view(seasonal). Its beautiful up here! Step out and enjoy view or sit and have that morning cup of joe! Upstairs also has 7 twin cots. These are for those extra guests or we just let the kids all use them! Gives them their own space! Each one come with complete bed in a bag dorm style. A full bathroom is also located up here with stand up shower. Full bar at end of game room. Standard refrigerator, sink, stove makes this game room complete! Awesome space for the whole family! Kids will never want to leave! Front load washer and dryer are located int the basement for your use.
Need parking for those toys(boats)? the driveway is concrete and has plenty of space to all of the toys you want to bring. Driveway connects to both roads, Port Lane and Muscatel Lane. Overflow, trailer lot also located on premises.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 17, Beds for 17
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Game Room
Location & View
The Yellow Box is a 5,000 sq ft rustic comtempary cabin with 12ft ceilings on pickwick lake side off hwy 57.home has everything to offer itself! very quiet family home with game room/hot tub located toward grand harbor marina connecting to the winn springs sub.SLEEPS 17!!. game room offers air hockey,basketball, fussball,pool table,darts, 52in TV/dvd. 2nd and 3rd story water view seasonal of winn spring cove.pleanty of parking for boat/jet ski/campers. only miles from sportsman(state line)or state park boat launch(all public). short drive to grand harbor, aqua, state park marinas. dining/clubs/bars nearby.fresh water lake with activities to include jet ski,boat renatal, skiing,boating,fishing, tubing,wakeboarding,waterfall cove short boat ride. state park and shiloh ridge gold courses nearby(2miles) nearby cities Iuka Ms (13 miles) Corinth MS(20 miles) Savannah Tn (14 Miles) Shiloh Battlefield (10 miles)...moreless
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Basketball Court
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Pickwick lake and river offer excellent fishing, boating, swimming and a marina. There is also a beautiful and challenging golf course. The park contains 1,400 acres of forested hills and hollows. There is a 2.8 mile trail to explore and enjoy the wildlife and plant life around the lake. Picnicking, swimming and play fields are also available. The restaurant specializes in fine southern cuisine at popular prices.Year-round events, such as bird and snake programs, nature hikes, and tree identification presentations are very popular. Fishermans paradise: Largemouth bass and smallmouth bass are the most sought after species by anglers. Crappie are another favorite fish species of the lake. The tailwaters of Wilson Dam provide excellent opportunities to catch sauger during the winter months when they migrate upstream to spawn. Blue catfish and channel catfish are also found in high numbers during the summer. Need a boat?? Pickwick Landing State Park, Aqua Yacht Harbor, Grand Harbor, Eastport Marina can offer you a wide range of rentals to get you out on the water for some rest and relaxation. Take a cruise down the river and explore all the wonderful creations and even catch a sight at the eagles nesting up along the river bed. Waterfalls, zip lines, rope swings, floating islands can be enjoyed by everyone in your party. There is always sun and fun at Pickwick Lake. Shiloh National Military Park is 12 miles away and the Tennessee River Museum in Savannah, TN is 11 miles. Enjoy cannons, momuments, reenactments, museums, auditorium, Indian mounds, hicking trails, and even a history lesson all along the banks of the Tennessee River. From Muscle Shoals to Paducah, from dinosaurs to the T.V.A., Hardin County’s Tennessee River Museum exhibits chronicle prehistoric times, life of the Mississippi Mound Builders, the tragic story of the “Trail of Tears,” the Civil War on the River, the Golden Age of Steamboats, and the Tennessee River today. Buford Pusser won fame as a young sheriff who could not be bought or beaten by criminals. It was with raw courage and steadfast determination that Pusser crumbled a vicious vice and gambling ring that was terrorizing and corrupting McNairy County. This mission was accomplished at a terrible cost of not only his own disfiguring wounds, but the murder of his wife, Pauline. Today, you can dive into the history of the world's most famous sheriff who certainly 'Walked Tall'. Cherry Mansion, located on the banks of the beautiful Tennessee River, the home served as headquarters for General U. S. Grant in the spring of 1862. Grant’s breakfast was interrupted by couriers with news that the battle of Shiloh had begun. Each year, Worley hosts a Charity Foundation Event, the 'Tennessee River Run.' Proceeds benefit the Darryl Worley Foundation, a not-for-profit organization that provides funds to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Looking for Food? The Broken Spoke 7405 Hwy 57 steak, seafood, catfish, salads and bar 689-3800 Catus Jack's Grill 10240 Hwy 57 specialty burgers, salads and more 689-6899 Castaways 46 Hardin Dock Road seafood restaraunt serving fresh shucked oysters 689-0495 Freddy T’s 12750 Hwy 57 steak, seafood, chicken, and more 689-3099 Jane’s Diner 6845 Hwy 57 plate lunches, hamburgers, chicken 689-3318 Jon’s Pier 11805 Hwy 57 steak, seafood, chicken, and more 689-3575 The Links Hwy 57 at Shiloh Falls Golf Club seafood, lobster, chicken, salads, steak, and lounge 689-5050 Nuevo Vallarta 10240 Hwy 57 S 689-0270 Pickwick Pizza Company 150 Slide Dr. off Hwy 57 S Pizza, sandwiches, hot & honey wings, hamburgers, soft drinks, beer, outdoor dining, volleyball, darts, birthday parties 689-5400 Pickwick Catfish Farm 4155 Hwy 57 fried catfish, smoked catfish, cajun shrimp, and more 689-3805 Pickwick Inn Restaurant Hwy 57 S southern style country buffet, seafood buffet on Friday nights 689-3135 Pickwick Grille 7375 Hwy 57 E 50's style grill serving breakfast, lunch & dinner 689-9869 R & B’s BBQ 7285 Hwy 57 steaks, ribs, chicken, lasagna, spaghetti, breakfast, hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, fish, shrimp, BBQ sandwiches 689-1999 The Redwood Hut 6340 Hwy 57 famous catfish, BBQ, steaks, plate lunches on weekdays, flavor burst ice cream, milkshakes, and much more 689-3260 Rib Cage 12840 Hwy 57 ribs, barbecue, chicken 689-3637 Viv’s BBQ 11165 Hwy 57 S specializing in breakfast and lunch 689-5878 ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Home away from Home
Home away from Home
Gorgeous property! It was a home away from home. It was comfortable for the amount of people we had. We all had personal space. Tons of things to do without the leaving the cabin. Would go there again. Only complaints is the lack of hot water, running toilet on main floor, and having to drive 15 minutes away to dispose if trash.
- Guest Maria K.
- Date of stay 08/31/13
- Review Submitted 09/10/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you for your review! The hot water should not run out, we have 2on demand tankless Bosch system. They do operate differently. Understand the garbage is sometimes a pain, we are looking into offering a take off service for guest in the future. Again, thanks for staying with us.
We stayed for a weekend here in Aug 2013 for a guys' getaway trip. The photos of this cabin do not do it justice, it was much larger than even the pictures lead you to believe! Great patio space, kitchen, and huge open layout. The gameroom upstairs was awesome and we'd recommend to anyone looking to stay in the area to consider this property. It dwarfs anything around its immediate vicinity. We'll return one day.
- Guest Mike (Germantown, TN)
- Date of stay 08/09/13
- Review Submitted 08/20/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thank you for your review! Very glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to having you again.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 1 - Mar 30
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
HOLIDAYS HAVE A 3 NIGHT MIN
HOUSE CLEANING FEE $200 PER STAY
HOT TUB FEES MAY APPLY
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- cleaning: $200 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Tax Rate 9.5%
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: memphis tn at 80 Miles
- Nearest Train: memphis tn at 85 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: hwy 57 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: pickwick lake at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Vivian bar at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: water ski at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: State Park (Pickwick) at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: johnspier,state park(pickwick),cactus jacks,mexic at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: The Russell's! We built this house! ground up! took us 2004-2011 to get it all done. Every board, every nail, everything you see was family effort. Keith is a home remodel. We are from the Michie area.Raised our family, 3 girls on the river.Love it here! We wanted a small cabin and just kept adding. We have a pretty good size family and where always getting together. Now, this house offers us the space we need.The original house is the living room floor. The house prior burned years ago. We hope that you enjoy this house but we also want you to know that we have a lot of time, money, and effort in this house. Please enjoy the house but please also be respectful of our home.
Why the Owner Chose Pickwick Lake:
This property is awesome.Great for multi families to share.Great getaway for reunions, church organizations, youth groups, large families, or even growing families. You will find any and everything inside and outside these walls for fun. You can have a great day out on the lake, golf course, shopping, parks, or even just hang around the house and still never be bored. Kids will not be interested in phones or other electronics here. Great space to reconnect with everything. Enjoy it all!
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
Big enough for multi family, groups. Offers bedding for 17 persons.
- Secondary: +1 6624157005 no calls after 9pm please
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
front view from street
front door view of living
open kitchen living concept
front bed 2 full
back bed 1 king 1 queen
bar game room
front of house
living room/ open to kitchen
wood burning fireplace
master garden tub with body jets
jack and jill bath
extra cots twin upstairs
bar space game room
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 04, 2013
3 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.