Beautiful Private Coastal Cottage Located @ Lands End/Port Royal Sound
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
St. Helena Island house description
Located on historic St. Helena Island at Lands End (Port Royal Sound/Beaufort River/Intracoastal Waterway). 2200 sf custom built coastal cottage, designed with privacy and relaxation in mind. This home is the perfect place to stay for a vacation, graduation at Paris Island or just a getaway!
Just a short walk to the pier and beach. Enjoy a day in the sun and feel free to bring your kayak. The Lands End Community is golf cart friendly and is a wonderful place for cycling. From the dock are views of Paris Island and Hilton Head. Dolphins are a common site and love to play in the water just off the end of the pier.
Relax and unwind in this charming and stylish home, one row back from the ICW/Beaufort River. Home sleeps 8-9 total. 6 upstairs in three bedrooms. The master suite downstairs sleeps 2, offers a walk-in closet with plenty of storage. Home has 2 1/2 baths. Enjoy dining at the reclaimed wooden farm table. Living room has all new comfortable furniture perfect for lounging, catching up on that favorite book or watching a movie on the large flat screen television. Outside, the property has been professionally designed, landscaped and maintained. There is plenty of parking on the concrete driveway and parking court. Enjoy a cook-out (grill provided) on the large manicured lawn or enjoy a game of family football. The rear screened in porch is a favorite for late night chats or for reading. Since this is a home of an avid reader, a variety of books are available and are tucked in nearly every corner of the house.
Master bedroom features its own television with satellite, private bath with double-sinks and granite counter-tops, walk in closet with pocket door, queen size four poster bed with French doors that open onto the rear screened porch, perfect for a morning cup of coffee.
The galley style Kitchen features granite counter-tops, stainless steel appliances, double-door refrigerator freezer, dishwasher, disposal, microwave oven and range/oven combo.
Off the kitchen, is a reading room. This cozy nook is separated away from the living room and offers two oversized lounge chairs and lamps. The room has plenty of overhead lighting.
The boat launch at Station Creek is just a couple miles from the house.
This is a wonderful relaxing home perfect for the entire family or for a couple seeking a getaway. Once you visit Lands End and the Port Royal Sound, you will want to come back for years to come.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Queen size Beds (4)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Surf Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- This beautiful and secluded Low Country/Sea Island cottage is located in the historic Fort Fremont area of Lands End, on St. Helena Island. Formerly part of Riverside Plantation. Enjoy long walks on the beach, overlooking the beautiful Port Royal Sound, Paris Island and Hilton Head Island. If history is your muse, then you will be visiting the right place. Withing walking distance and registered on the National Register of Historic Places is the Historic Fort Fremont, one of two former Spanish American War fortifications still in existence. The fort and area surrounding are a treasure hunter's paradise.The waters of the Port Royal Sound are wonderful for a swim, kayaking or boating, but also provide some of the best fishing and shrimping in the state of South Carolina. The area is great for biking and traffic is minimal, so bring bikes along! Local fare includes: The Gullah-Grub (as featured on Martha Stewart and Anthony Bourdain's 'No Reservations') an authentic Gullah cuisine restaurant, The Foolish Frog (classic low-country), Bella Luna (Italian), Boondocks (seafood), The famous Shrimp Shack (seafood and sandwiches), Johnson Creek Tavern (seafood and sandwiches),Dockside (seafood), the Upper Crust (pizza/Italian) and Barbara Jeans (home-cooking). A short car ride (within 5 miles) will take you to the ruins of the Chapel of Ease, a former church used by the planters and their families of St. Helena Parish until the Civil War. It is a fine example of mid-eighteenth century tabby construction and is considered to be haunted. A few miles from the Chapel of Ease is the Penn Center. Founded just prior to the Emancipation Proclamation and also listed on the National Register, the Penn School was one of the first schools in the United States to teach freed slaves after the Civil War. If you are ready for a day at the beach and a tour of of the only lighthouse in SC open to the public, a short drive to Hunting Island State Park is a wonderful day for the family. For the golfer in the family, the Sanctuary Golf Club on Cat Island or the Lady's Island Country Club are great courses and are open to the public. Tee-times are recommended. Located within a short drive of the house is the charming coastal town of Beaufort. Beaufort is the second oldest city in the state of South Carolina and boasts a beautiful historic downtown with charming shops, wonderful restaurants and many exciting events throughout the year. Enjoy a day in the downtown park, rent a boat from the marina for a day out on the water or take a guided deep sea fishing tour. Have you always thought that seeing a movie at an old fashioned drive-in would be neat? Dream no more. The Hwy. 21 Drive-In features recent releases and has reasonable prices. If you are visiting for a graduation at Parris Island, it is a short 30 min. trip from the house. A forty-five minute drive to Hilton Head Island opens up limitless activities, dining and outlet shopping. An hour drive will take you Savannah or Charleston for the day....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$1,250/Week (November-April); $1,350/Week (May-October) $3,000/Month (November-April); $4,100/Month (May-October) $275/Night (With 3 Night Minimum) $175.00 cleaning fee and 11% accommodations tax are added to total rental $200.00 Refundable Deposit Required At Time of Reservation Total Rental Fee Due 30 Days Prior to Stay We Accept PayPal,Major Credit Cards, Cash, Check, Money Order or Bank Transfer
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Beaufort County Airport on Lady's Island at 12 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Sea Island Parkway/Hwy 21 at 8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lands End/Fort Fremont Beach at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Sanctuary Golf Club at Cat Island at 17 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Foolish Frog/Boondocks/Shrimp Shack/Bella Luna at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: My wife and I both grew up in the upstate of South Carolina and currently reside outside of Greenville in Easley. I am in the custom landscape construction business and my wife is a nurse. I went to Clemson University and my wife to Wofford College.
Why the Owner Chose St. Helena Island:
In late 2005, I told a friend of mine that I always wanted a place on the coast and couldn't decide where to go. He mentioned to me a spot just outside of Beaufort that was quiet, historical and charming. So we took a drive to Lands End on St. Helena and I fell in love with the place. I describe it to friends like 'going to the beach in the country.' This is not a place you feel like you have to 'keep up with the Jones.' It's a place you can come relax, watch people ride horseback up the beach, look for shells, visit historic sites, swim or just read a book without interruption.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
While at dinner in 2006, I mentioned to a designer friend of mine, that I bought a lot at Lands End and wanted a traditional low country home, with high ceilings and porches. He quickly pulled out a napkin and sketched the front perspective of the house. It was exactly what I wanted, so I set out to find a plan for the house. While reading Southern Living I ran across a picture and plan that looked just like my napkin. The architect, Allison Ramsey, of all places was in Beaufort. After purchasing the plans, I asked a local friend and builder to implement the plan and in late 2007 we were finished with construction. The house was exactly what I dreamed it would be and sits perfectly behind two live oaks. Those oaks were the reason I chose this lot. They frame the front door and the house feels as if it has been situated here for years.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, September 09, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.