Experience the Magic of Mt Nebo
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Mt Nebo State Park cabin description
This is one of the few privately owned homes in Mt Nebo State Park. It was built in the 1970's but recently renovated. The home was built by the Park Ranger at the time. It has gone through several remodels over the years. It is located near Sunrise Point which is the southern end of the mountain. It has panoramic views of the River Valley. The lights at night are magical coming from nearby towns of Dardanelle, Russellville and Dover. You can see Crow Mountain and Petit Jean Mountain in the distance with the Arkansas River slowly snaking by the foot of Petit Jean Mountain. The cabin is comfortable with central air-conditioning and heat. The breezes in the evening come gently through the full set of picture windows that outline the back and southern side of the house. The master bedroom has queen bed, lots of closets, bluff view and private full bath. The second bedroom has a full bed, twin bed and lots of closets. It also has a full kitchen with all the amenities, living room with panoramic views, dining room and back porch. A private lot next to the home allows for younger visitors to pitch a tent if desired. The moon light nights are spectacular from the quiet back porch.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 5-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Mobile Phone
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
Cabin looks out over the River Valley including Dardanelle, Russellville, Dover, Crow Mountain, Petit Jean Mountain and the Arkansas River. The lights at night are magical. Watching the storms roll into the valley are my favorite picture taking times....moreless
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- This cabin is located on top of the historic Mt Nebo. Mt Nebo is currently a very popular Arkansas State Park. In years past it was full of private homes where the rich and famous from surrounding areas spent their summers. At one time this mountain was the home of over 3000 residents with their own post office. After a fire in the early 1900 and during the depression the State of Arkansas purchased much of the land on top and around the mountain. There are a few historic private homes left. This cabin was built in the 1970's but has been recently renovated. It's located at the Sunrise Point end of the mountain where 'fly boys' (hang gliders) can be seen jumping off the mountain at certain times of the year. This cabin has the best views of any cabin on the mountain, even old time residents have agreed. The owner of this cabin has been coming to Mt Nebo for over 40 years. Mt Nebo is described as a 'magical' place. You can get 'Nebo'd' very quickly. 'Nebo'd' is losing the stress of every day life, wanting to get up and do something but deciding to sit in the cool mountain breezes and read a book instead. While the kids ride bikes, go swimming, play tennis and hike it's easy to relax and unwind. The mountain is a very safe place for kids. There is only one way up and one way down. The campers and other Nebo residents are always watching out for each other and some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. There is hiking, swimming, tennis, basketball, rock climbing, cycling and just a nice slow walk to Sunset. This cabin is about 1 1/2 miles to the other end of the mountain called Sunset Point. That is where all who want to experience the wonders of God's glorious end of day ceremony congregate. It's almost a mountain ritual and it's different every night. The rim trail can be picked up a few yards from this cabin at Sunrise Point. The rim trail is 3.5 miles around the top of the mountain with 360 degree views of the surrounding River Valley scenic landscapes. From Sunrise Point you can also take a trail down to the Bench Trail. That's a pedestrian or cyclist trail that goes around what is called the Bench. It's approximately 4 miles around and has scenic stops at historic sites like Ferns Lake and several natural springs. The Visitors Center is a nice one mile walk from this cabin and has wonderful Mt Nebo memorabilia and local treats and gifts. They also have the schedule for planned Park activities that are free to all who wish to participate. My sons favorite is the 'Taste a Bug' class. The swimming pool is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The rates are located on the Mt Nebo State Park web page. It has a fun slide, concession stand and picnic area. During the summer there is Mt Nebo Sunday School which is held in the large pavillion next to the swimming pool. It starts the first Sunday of June through the last day of August. The last Sunday of each month is Pot Luck Sunday. The class starts at 11:00 on those Sundays and the Pot Luck starts at 12:00. All who are renting cabins, camping or just visiting Nebo Sunday School are welcome to partake of great southern cooking, Nebo style. It is a non-denominational Sunday School and all are welcome. Directly across the mountain from this cabin is a wonderful flowing waterfall when we've been blessed with rain. It's a short hike down to the falls but worth the trip. The tennis and basket ball courts are just down the street from this cabin and are free to anyone on the mountain. There are also four parks through out the top of the mountain with slides, swings and other fun equipment for little ones to enjoy. The town closest to Mt Nebo is Dardanelle where there is a WalMart, Harp's, McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, several Mexican restaurants, Chinese Food, elegant dining at Savannah's, River Valley Medical Center, church's of all denominations and several gas stations. Russellville, across the Arkansas River, has the most popular restaurants and shopping you'd find in any town it's size. Mt Nebo is a magical place that once you've been there you'll want to return year after year. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great place with great views. Perfect place to stay! Loved it!
- Guest Troutt (Springdale )
- Date of stay 07/19/13
- Review Submitted 07/24/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children.
Mt Nebo Stay
Mt Nebo Stay
We enjoyed our stay at this property inside Mt Nebo State Park. The view from the patio was great. We enjoyed early sunrise and breakfast from the patio. You could see deer walking close to the property. You can see people launching their hang gliding. If you plan to reach late in the evening, it is hard to find the house number since it is very dark. Hope you will have some illuminated house number next time we visit Mt Nebo
- Guest Ganesh (Allen, TX)
- Date of stay 07/11/13
- Review Submitted 07/20/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
We absolutely enjoyed our stay in this cabin. The view from the balcony was absolutely breathtaking. Our girls said they wanted to come back next year instead of the beach. It is definitely a place to relax & enjoy the outdoor scenery.
- Guest Melrose (Millington)
- Date of stay 07/03/13
- Review Submitted 07/10/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers, tourists without a car.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Week stays will receive a $75 cleaning fee. Month stays will receive a $150 cleaning fee. A party of more than 6 will receive a $75 cleaning fee for any length of stay.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Little Rock International Airport at 74 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 7 at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Savannah's at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We live on a 155 acre ranch just south of Mt Nebo. We've lived there 10 years. My family has over 100 year history with Mt Nebo. My great grandparents had the first small hotel on Mt Nebo back in the 1890's. My great aunt was the first baby born on Mt Nebo. I've been coming to Mt Nebo for over 40 years and my mother and father own a summer cabin on the mountain since 1970. Our now 11 year old son has spent most of his summers on Mt Nebo. There is nothing better for a kid than summer's on Mt Nebo. The memories are forever!
Why the Owner Chose Mt Nebo State Park:
We were blessed to buy this cabin back in the summer of 2010. Having grown up coming to the mountain I have been in most everyone of the privately owned homes, except this one. There isn't much to talk about the outside of this home but once we walked in and saw the spectacular panoramic views we were sold. It's a very comfortable, well maintained cabin which allows the renter to enjoy the mountain without worrying about dishes, going to get the wash done, having enough ice on a hot summer day or being disturbed by busy mountain noises. It's quiet, great location, wonderful views, central heat and air conditioning, all the amenities of home and comfortable.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
What made us fall in love with this home were the VIEWS!!! They are the best on the mountain. We also loved the updated cabin with all it's amenities.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful view of fall foliage from the back porch of the cabin.
One of the beautiful sunrises taken from the back porch of the cabin.
Southern view off back porch.
Master Bedroom queen bed.
Master bedroom with plenty of closets.
Second bedroom full bed.
Second bathroom with full shower.
Large refrigerator with ice maker.
View of living room into kitchen.
View into dining room and back porch.
Full size washer and dryer.
Empty lot next door for horse shoes and tents.
The view of Sunrise Point from the back porch and looking south.
A picture of a storm coming in over the Dardanelle Lake. Great lightning shows!
Looking north east towards Dover and Russellville. The best for morning coffee!
Master Bedroom with ceiling fan.
Master bathroom with full shower.
Second bedroom with twin bed and plenty of closets.
Updated kitchen with new oven and stocked with plenty of utensils.
Micro wave, dishwasher, coffee pot and double sink.
View of living room from kitchen. HDTV and satellite. Single sleep sofa.
Dining room and game room.
Outside sitting area on side of the house with wooden swing
One of the many beautiful sunsets taken at Sunset Point.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 04, 2013