Chicken Creek Rental, Family, Pet Friendly, Creek Access
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Mancos house description
We offer 3 guest rooms (1 queen bed, 1 full bed), with one room being a large family/ bedroom/ game room where we can accommodate up to 5 guests (1 queen bed & full futon bed), and 1 full bath. The game room is full of toys, board games, foosball table, air hokey table, & deck access.
We offer a private & fully equipped kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, tea pot, stove with oven, toaster, refrigerator, dishes, pots & pans, silverware. There is a guest living area with couch and coffee table, Dining area that seats 4 and breakfast bar that seats 3.
There is also a private deck with an outdoor dining area and grill.
2 extra bedrooms are available on request- they on both located on a different floor & share a seperate bathroom. Let us know when you make reservations if you'd like to add these rooms to your stay. One room has queen bed and the other has full bed. The price of these extra rooms are not included in the rental price, they are an additional cost.
We also have a air mattress for guest use- at no extra charge with linens/pillows included.
We offer creek access for fishing, wading, a fire pit for camping-like atmosphere, access to hottub (upper deck). There are fishing poles for guest use, beach towels for sun bathing and board games available for guests as well. We have ample parking- trailers and boat parking available.
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Game Room
- Air Hockey
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
We are considered outside of city limits. The town of Mancos has around 800 residents. We have horses and cows on proptery joining our property & plenty of outdoor space for playing & creek access. ...moreless
- Monument View:
- Mountain View:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Rock Climbing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Bird Watching
- Winery Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Paddle Boating
- Massage Therapist
- Equestrian Events
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Chicken Creek Rental is centrally located in Southwestern Colorado. We are located one mile outside of Historic Mancos, Colorado. In Mancos, you will find restaurants, art galleries, boutiques, beauty salons, a day spa, library, city park, stagecoach rides, downtown business district, post office, health food store, grocery store, farmer's market, liquor stores, a gas station, motorcycle repair shop, automotive repair shop, antique stores. Just to mention a few things our little town has to offer! We would gladly recommend places to eat and other things to do while you visit. Check out the Chamber of Commerce website for Mancos to view city events and find out local news. We are located 10 minutes from the entrance to the Mesa Verde National Park. Visit Ancient Anasazi ruins, hike, visit the museum and see magnificent views of the area. We are also about 1 mile from the annual Sugar Pine Motorcycle Rally. Durango, Colorado is a short 30 minute drive. You will find plenty to do there. From riding the Durango Silverton Narrow Guage Railroad to river rafting, mountain biking, shopping or eat & drink at the local breweries. We are minutes from Chicken Creek Cross Country Ski & Recreation Area. In the winter you can snowshoe or cross country ski. In other seasons you can hike, walk, bird watch or mountain bike. Mancos State Park is 15 minutes away- you will find hiking, walking trails, fishing and beautiful views of La Plata Mountain Range. If you drive a little further, about 15 minutes, you will land in the San Juan National Forest. This outdoor area offers many options: mountain biking, hiking, horse back riding, ATV trails and hunting. Just to name a few of the wonderful, exciting things the area has to offer. We are 20 minutes from Cortez, Colorado where you will find bigger shopping stores, banks, restaurants, cultural center, downtown area, trading posts, antiques, and grocery stores. We are 20 minutes from Dolores, Colorado. Where you will find many local festivals, town celebrations, flea markets and eateries. We are loacted in the heart of the four corners, you can drive one direction and be in New Mexico where you might want to see Chaco Canyon, Bitzi Wilderness, or Navajo Lake. You may like to head to Utah where you wmight see the Goose Neck's State Park, Moab, Canyonlands, Newspaper Rock- just to name a few places that are within less than a days' drive from Mancos. If you'd rather head to Arizona you will easily make it to Canyon De Chelly National Park, visit the Navajo Indian Reservation, Monument Valley, Navajo Code Talkers museum, visit the Navajo Nation capital at Window Rock. We are also located near the four corners monument, Navajo Indian Reservation, Ute Indian Reservation and Casino. We are a 3 hour drive from Chaco Canyon, 1 hour drive from Hovenweep National Monument, 3.5 hour drive to Canyon De Chelly and 3 hours from Lake Powell. We are 3 hours from the famous must see Monument Valley. In Colorado we 1.5 hours from Silverton. 1.5 hours from Pagosa Springs. If you are wondering about air travel- there is an airport in Cortez, Durango, Farmington, and Albuquerque; which is the closest, biggest airport in the area. If you are wondering what to do in the area- just ask! We are glad to give directions and recommend things to do! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Excellent Rental Plus Two Additional B&B Rooms
Excellent Rental Plus Two Additional B&B Rooms
We had nine people stay in the vacation rental plus the two extra B&B bedrooms. We had a family reunion at Mancos Days which turned out great, especially since my mom, Shirley Whipple, was the Mancos Days Queen! Bob and Ursula were very nice and provided everything we needed. The accommodations were great with our own full kitchen. The view off the top deck was excellent for watching the morning sun and fireworks over the Mancos valley. We had a great time running, biking and hiking in the mountains and took many pictures.
- Guest Rosy S.
- Date of stay 07/25/13
- Review Submitted 08/02/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Chicken Creek B & B
Chicken Creek B & B
Five of us stayed here for four nights and had a wonderful time. We spent most of our time at Mesa Verde and Hovenweep but had plenty of time to visit with Bob and Ursula. Their house is off the main drag with a stream below and a very nice deck to sit on in the evenings. The house was clean and we were provided with many towels, and lots of extras. If you like being off the beaten path after a long day of sightseeing, I highly recommend this home. I would definitely recommend this property to friends and relatives.
- Guest Ali (Westminster, CO)
- Date of stay 05/24/13
- Review Submitted 05/29/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Call and check availability:
2 optional bedrooms and 2nd bath are not included in price of rental- ask when making reservation and price will be quoted. $100-$120 per night per room.
1 night = $350
2 nights = $650
3 nights = $900
4 nights = $1100
5 nights = $1325
6 nights = $1530
7 nights = $1715
for additional night after 7 the cost per night is $245.00
weekend rates do no apply to the rates.
Currently we are not accepting credit cards. Please pay with cash or check. Thanks!!!
- Pet Fee: $10
- Tax Rate 7.5%
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Durango and Cortez at 50 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: HWY 160 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Columbine Bar/ Millwood Bar at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Durango Ski Resort at 50 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Cortez at 17 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Millwood at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: Allow us to introduce ourselves. We are Bob and Ursula. We would like to warmly welcome you into our home! We have two lovable dogs named Georgia and Daisy. We also have one cat, Amanda. We live on the main floor of the house. You and your family would be renting the entire lower level of the house- its like an apartment or condo. We welcome pets, children and families!
Why the Owner Chose Mancos:
Chicken Creek is focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction - we will do everything we can to meet your expectations. Children and Pets are welcome! With a variety of offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy staying with us. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We are located nearby Durango, Dolores, Telluride, Cortez, Farmington. San Juan National Forest, Mesa Verde National Park, Hovenweep National Monument, McPhee Resevior, Summit Lake, Colorado State Park- Transfer, Four Corners Monument and Sand Canyon National Monument. You would be minutes away from skiing, hiking, river rafting, biking, four-wheeling, camping, fishing, kayaking, dining, water skiing, boating, cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, vineyards, desert country, high desert terrain as well as high elevation mountains.
- Primary: +1 970-749-3520 Bob Clarridge Cell Number
- Fax: +1 970-533-1015 business and fax number
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from upper deck, Mancos Valley
Chicken Creek front view
outdoor patio area
Rainbow after a summer rain
Third bedroom- game room sleeping area
Full futon couch/bed
Living and kitchen area
deck sitting area
outdoor dining area
veiw of house from creek area
View from upper deck, lounge area
warm yourself on a chilly fall afternoon
Game Room, Third bedroom of apartment
First bedroom, full sized bed
Guest dining area
view of the front of the house
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 03, 2013