A Large Affordable Flat at Few Steps from Trastevere and Roman Forum
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Aventino Testaccio apartment description
This beautiful apt is located at via Amerigo Vespucci, in the heart of Testaccio. It's just been renovated (May 2012) with refined taste with precious material (Wood, Travertine, etc.) and furnished tastefully.
It's situated on the first floor of a building which dates back to 19th Century. It's composed of an entrance, a well equipped full kitchen (pots, pans, a microwave, a dish-washer, a toaster, a fridge, a freezer, gas-stove, an oven, etc.) with a large table and chairs, 2 spacious and beautiful bedrooms, 2 bathrooms each with shower and a small wardrobe room. Coffee, tea, salt, sugar, vinegar, olive oil, chocolate, soap for dish washer and for the washing machine are provided.
Testaccio is a little Island in the center of Rome of the 19th Century. Full of anything you need. Libraries, Theathres, Very Good Restaurants, Cinemas, Discos, Pubs and a Fresh Market. The Apartment is fully-equipped of everything and refined. Central Heating, Washing Machine, Dish Washer and much more.
- On floor 1
- 85 m²
- 5 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 4-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Tourist Attractions
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain Biking
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Outlet Shopping
- Vespucci Flat is located in Via Amerigo Vespucci, in the Testaccio Area, a few minutes walking from the Metro B line and a few minutes walking from the historical centre. Surrounding Places Vespucci Flat is near the ancient and famous Piramide Cestia.The Egyptian Pyramid is located near the Porta San Paolo and the Protestant Cemetery. It was built about 18 BC - 12 BC as a tomb for Gaius Cestius Epulo. It is of brick-faced concrete covered with slabs of white marble standing on a travertine foundation, measuring 100 Roman feet (22 m.) square at the base and standing 125 Roman feet (27 m.) high. In the interior of the Pyramid is the burial chamber, a simple barrel-vaulted rectangular cavity. Porta San Paolo è is one of the southern gates in the 3rd century Aurelian walls of Rome. The Ostiense Museum is housed within the gatehouse. Vespucci Flat is at short distance from the Basilica of St Paul outside the Walls, one of the four papal churches in Rome, the second one after the St Peter in Vatican. The Flat is at only 5 min. from the famous Bocca della Verità (by bus - 1 stop), 10 minutes from Piazza Venezia (by bus - 3 stops) and you can also walk: 20 minutes walking from Coliseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and Circus Maximus; 25 minutes walking from Campidoglio square, Venezia square and Corso street, very interesting for shopping....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This apartment exceeded our expectations. It is brighter than the photographs show. Everything is new and clean. The bedrooms are large, with several lamps and each bedroom has a sofa. The beds are firm, but comfortable. We added wifi as an extra and were pleased with the speed of the connection. We stayed in early June and had no need of air con, as the apartment was cool in the evenings. The neighborhood is wonderful. Giollitti gelato just north of the apartment on Amerigo Vespucci is the real deal. There are also many other restaurants in the blocks surrounding the apartment. We traveled with our two elementary-age children and found this neighborhood to be a refuge after hours spent in the crowds at the major sights. A small supermarket and BNL (partner with Bank of America) are within a few blocks. We saw tourists in all the other parts of Rome, but not here. We walked easily to Pantheon, Trestavere, Piazza Navona, Colosseum. We highly recommend this apartment. The owner and city manager were very responsive and helpful.
- Guest ArkyKK (Arkansas, USA)
- Date of stay 06/05/13
- Review Submitted 06/07/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we may give you another nice stay in the future. Kind regards Marco & Nicola
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Nov 1 - Mar 30
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Last Minutes Offers
Ask for Best Offers
Quotation on request for Christmas, New Year Eve, Easter
30% Deposit Required
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Cleaning Fee 50.00 euro
Rome Tourist Tax 2.00 euro per person per night
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Fiumicino Airport at 28 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Ostiense Railway Station at 900 Metres
- Nearest Beach: Ostia at 27 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Cafe at 200 Metres
- Nearest Restaurant: Ristorante Bucatino at 200 Metres
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: I'm an Administration Director at the Ministry of the Interior (Firefighters)
Why the Owner Chose Aventino Testaccio:
I love this Area. Testaccio is one of the most vibrant, yet under-rated neighborhoods in Rome. A hub of pubs, late-night clubs, markets and cute specialty shops, there is plenty to see and do in this historical part of the city. While tourists flock to Trastevere and squish into bars around the historical center, Testaccio, which was once famous for its butcher shops, maintains a low-key, friendly buzz that keeps things interesting, but not overwhelming.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The apartment is in the perfect area to move and visit Rome. At 600 metres from the subway. And at 20 minutes walking to the great Colosseum. From here you can reach the main places in few minutes or walking or by public transports. The area is quiet and at one step from the magic monuments of Rome.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 11, 2013