Villa Yerbabuena, the Perfect Getaway for Families and Friends
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sayulita villa description
When you walk through the front door of Villa Yerbabuena you will be awe-struck by the breathtaking panoramic view of the ocean and Sayulita Bay. The world seems to lie at your feet when you take it all in. Gazing at the ocean, feeling the breeze, listening to the sounds of nature you realize, you have arrived and your vacation has begun.
Bienvenidos a Villa Yerbabuena, the newest luxury villa in the exclusive Pedregroso neighborhood on the quiet north side of Sayulita. Completed in the summer of 2012 it was designed for families or a group of friends who want to find a private vacation retreat, re-unite, celebrate, or all of the above in an environment with sweeping ocean views, all the modern-day comforts, and where easy-going goes hand in hand with style. Unwind, relax, and play at Villa Yerbabuena, a striking Spanish Colonial style home, only steps away from the most private and pristine end of Sayulita’s beautiful beach.
The villa is located in an area of private homes across the street from the ocean and within walking distance to the lively center of town. After a 10-minute walk along the palm-lined beach or newly paved road you will find the first restaurants, shops, and surf break. Villa Yerbabuena’s proximity to the center of town is one of its attractions. It is close enough to walk to everything that Sayulita has to offer yet far enough to escape the hustle and bustle and find peace, quiet, and the sound of waves.
Villa Yerbabuena accommodates 9 people. It can be rented together with adjacent Casa Escondida. Please check www.vrbo.com/150901 for information and availability. Both homes together accommodate 13 people.
Villa Yerbabuena offers:
* 3 Bedroom suites with king-sized beds and en-suite bathrooms, accommodating 6
* 1 Bedroom with 1 bunk-bed and 1 single bed, accommodating 3
* 2 Portable baby/toddler cribs
* A/C in all the bedrooms, ceiling fans throughout the house, screened windows and balcony doors
* Safes, large enough to store a laptop, in all the bedroom suites
* Top quality mattresses, 100% high quality cotton sheets, bathroom towels, and beach towels
* Ocean views from every floor and bedroom
* Across the street from the beach
* Private and quiet location
* 2 Pools; dipping pool on the top floor and a 10’ x 32’ infinity lap pool in the garden
* Purified water system servicing the entire house
* Modern, fully equipped kitchen
* Dining room
* Living room
* TV-room with Satellite TV, DVD player, movies, WiFi, Stereo with CD player and I-pod docking station, board games
* Inner courtyard with fountain
* Patios on every floor, including a roof top patio
* Basketball halfcourt
* Tropical garden
* Large lawn
* Private jungle with trail and creek (dry in the winter months)
* BBQ area
* Completely walled/fenced property
* Private off-street parking
* English/Spanish speaking property manager who is available during your entire stay for assistance and services
* Maid service every other day or daily upon request
* Free local calls
Services available at additional cost:
* Airport transportation
* Grocery shopping
* Home-cooked meals delivered or prepared in Villa Yerbabuena’s kitchen
* Laundry service
Our guests receive the following discounts:
* 10% off golf car rentals from Pacific Coast Golf Cars
* 10% off on baby and toddler gear rental from Bebe
The rooftop patio, aka 'The Crows Nest', offers an incredible 360-degree view of ocean, bay, and jungle. It is a great place to watch whales during migration season (mid December through March) or view the milky-way at night.
On the TOP FLOOR is the main entrance, large inviting living room, comfortable TV-room, a modern and fully equipped kitchen, dining room, and 1/2 bath. The living room and TV-room have floor-to-ceiling sliding doors, which can be pulled aside to create a large open-air living space with the patio. Relax on the comfortable couches in the living room and tv-room, sit back in the traditional Mexican leather barrel chairs on the patio, or dip into the top floor pool and enjoy your favorite drink while taking in the stunning panoramic view of the ocean, bay, and town in front of you.
A stairway under a vaulted ceiling with sky-light leads to the middle floor.
On the MIDDLE FLOOR is a charming inner-courtyard with bubbling fountain perfect to relax by with a favorite book, a master bedroom suite with king-sized bed, en-suite bathroom, and private garden patio, a family suite consisting of a master bedroom with king-sized bed and an additional bedroom with bunk-bed and single bed - the rooms are separated by a shared en-suite bathroom. All bedrooms have A/C, ceiling fans, screened windows and balcony doors, top quality mattresses, 100% high quality cotton sheets, bathroom towels, and beach towels.
Stairs from the inner courtyard lead to the lower floor and garden.
The LOWER FLOOR has a master bedroom suite with king-sized bed, en-suite bathroom, walk-in closet, wrap-around patio, A/C, ceiling fan, screened windows and balcony doors, a top quality mattress, 100% high quality cotton sheets, bathroom towels, and beach towels. This floor gives access to the garden.
The GARDEN is a tropical paradise and is completely gated. It has a fantastic 10’x32’ infinity lap pool, basketball halfcourt, private off-street parking, large lawn, BBQ area, a private jungle with creek (dry in the winter months), and many varieties of palm trees, hibiscus, bougainvillea, birds of paradise, gardenia, agave, bananas, papayas, mango, and lime. It is home to dozens of birds and butterflies.
Beautiful SAYULITA is Mexico at its best and VILLA YERBABUENA simply complements this. Together they hold every promise for an unforgettable vacation and a perfect retreat to come back to year after year.
R E N T A L R A T E S
US$450/nt US$3,000/wk November-May
US$377/nt US$2,500/wk June-October
US$550/nt US$3,500/wk Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day
US$400 Security deposit, refunded in 2 weeks after departure less any damages to the property.
A reservation is considered confirmed when a payment of 50% of the total rent and a signed rental agreement are received. The remaining balance and the US$400 security deposit are due 45 days prior to arrival.
We accept personal checks, money orders, cashier's checks, bank transfers, and Paypal (+ 4% Paypal fee).
5-Night minimum stay.
- 3940 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Included
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Catering Available
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room seats 10
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- * Ocean and bay views from every floor * Across the street from the beach * 2 Pools; top floor dipping pool, 10’ x 32’ infinity lap pool in the garden * Private and quiet location * Completely walled/fenced property * A/C in all the bedrooms * Ceiling fans, screened windows and balcony doors * Safes, large enough to store a laptop, in all the bedroom suites * Top quality mattresses * Purified water system servicing the entire house * I-pod docking station * Board games * Inner courtyard with fountain * Patios on every floor, roof top patio * Basketball halfcourt * Tropical garden with large lawn * Private jungle * BBQ area * English/Spanish speaking property manager available during your entire stay for assistance and services * Maid service every other day or daily upon request * Free local calls * Services available at additional cost: - Airport transportation - Grocery shopping - Home-cooked meals - Laundry Service - Babysitting...moreless
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Mountain View
- Basketball Court
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- The town of Sayulita is a charming fishing village, about a 35-minute drive away on Highway 200 through a lush mountain rainforest north from Puerto Vallarta. Low-key tourism and a traditional pueblo life-style go hand in hand in this picturesque village. On the palm-tree lined beach you find lounge chairs and sun umbrellas for rent, beach cafés and restaurants, surf schools, and local fisherman who will take you fishing or bring you to pristine snorkeling areas. The ocean is great for splashing, swimming, and offers first-class surfing. Scattered through town are wonderful restaurants, many of them serving savory local dishes, others serving international cuisine such as Italian, French, Chinese, and Argentinean. There are boutiques, small grocery stores, internet cafes, a library, medical center, pharmacies, and a few family-operated tour operators offering jungle trips, mountain biking, kayaking, zip line adventures, horseback riding, visits to neighboring colonial towns and ancient pre-Columbian petroglyphs. In the center of town is a charming plaza where the locals and tourists linger in the evening. Depending on the season you may witness colorful fiestas and religious celebrations....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Gorgeous, newly renovated home close to beach and town!
Gorgeous, newly renovated home close to beach and town!
We stayed here when we were visiting from NYC for a friends' wedding. The house was newly renovated, extremely clean and done in a very modern Mexican feel. The house is huge with lots of open space, two pools, amazing kitchen, purified water in all faucets (very helpful!) and gorgeous views of the ocean and area. It's close to the beach and town. The owner was VERY lovely in getting all the information we needed, getting deposit back and setting us up with on-site staff for getting in/out, any questions plus there was a daily cleaning! Impeccable place that felt very authentic, so comfortable and house decorated very simply but nicely! No complaints. We had a terrific stay and hope to come back and stay again!!!
- Guest agnes h.
- Date of stay 12/05/12
- Review Submitted 07/17/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Tom and Iris's home was absolutely perfect! The decor, architecture, lighting, art ....was amazing. Along with the layout of the home, extremely comfortable beds, pools, etc....It is, by far, the nicest home I have ever rented. Maru (who met us on our arrival) and the housekeeper were wonderful as well. We walked into town every morning and rented a golf cart for our nightly excursions. The evening sunsets were so gorgeous from the upper deck....not a better view in all of Sayulita. It was so relaxing and we hope to come back very soon! Cathy Bille
- Guest Cathy B. (San Francisco)
- Date of stay 03/09/13
- Review Submitted 03/27/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, girls getaway.
You will not find a more beautiful villa in Sayulita
You will not find a more beautiful villa in Sayulita
I just returned from my stay at Casa Yerbabuena in Sayulita with 6 of my friends. We did a girls trip there to celebrate a couple of birthday, and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The views are unmatched, and a particular favorite place in the house was the infinity dipping pool on the top level, where we enjoyed the afternoon sun with beverages. You need to stay there long enough to watch the beautiful sunsets every evening. It's a short 10 minute walk into town, but be ready for the uphill walk back, which is a bit steep at the very end.
- Guest Linda (Seattle, WA)
- Date of stay 03/16/13
- Review Submitted 03/26/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway.
I'll Be Back!
I'll Be Back!
I just had my 60th BD here with the whole family 8 adults total. The photo's do not do this place justice. It's an incredible view everywhere you look. We had a hard time even wanting to leave the place to go to the plaza. We had dinner 4 nights in and the rest in Sayulita. Love this place the cleaning lady came every other day which was perfect. The pool man did an excellent job of keeping the pool clean and we hardly ever knew he was there. The manager of the place did an excellent job of always making sure we had everything we needed, as well as letting us know great places to eat and shop in town. The only challenged we had was the lock system it took a while to get use to all the different locks. That said everything was excellent and I can't wait to return. Enjoy!
- Guest Lulujumba (Portland, Oregon)
- Date of stay 02/02/13
- Review Submitted 02/22/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: To read your review, our first one on VRBO!, makes us very happy. Villa Yerbabuena is a brand-new home and a dream come true. It truly is a beautiful place and it is important to us that our guests’ experiences are shared. We thank you for taking the time to review Villa Yerbabuena. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we hope to see you again.
US$450/nt US$3,000/wk November-May US$377/nt US$2,500/wk June-October US$550/nt US$3,500/wk Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day 4 Night minimum. Rental agreement is to be signed by a guest who is at least 23. US$400 Security deposit, refunded in 2 weeks after departure less any damages. A reservation is considered confirmed when a payment of 50% of the total rent and a signed rental agreement are received. The remaining balance and the US$400 security deposit are due 45 days prior to arrival.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Puerta Vallarta at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 200 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: 2-minute walk at Sayulita
About the owner: Owners Iris and Thom Buchanan with son Max, San Francisco, CA.
- Primary: (415) 516-2690 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Pool Area with 10ft x 32ft Infinity Lap Pool
Sweeping Views From Every Floor
Views, Views, Views!
Stairway to Middle Floor Inner Courtyard
Master Bedroom of Family Suite
2nd Bedroom of Family Suite with Bunk-Bed and Single Bed
En-suite Bathroom of Master Bedroom with Private Garden Patio
Do You See What I See? Flora and Fauna in the Tropical Garden
Villa Yerbabuena in Sunset Colors
Bienvenidos a Villa Yerbabuena ~
Top Floor looking from TV Room into Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen
Top Floor Covered Area of Patio
The "Crow's Nest"
Inner Courtyard with Bubbling Fountain
En-suite Bathroom of Family Suite
Master Bedroom Suite with Private Garden Patio
Garden Floor Master Bedroom Suite with En-Suite Bathroom, Walk-in Closet
Breathtaking Views, Only Steps from the Beach, Privacy
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, November 25, 2013