Elegant Mountain Home--2 Miles from Oglebay Resort--March and April Discounts
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Wheeling farmhouse description
With large decks on 2 sides and a wrap around porch on the other 2, you can have views of the hills from all directions. A 6 person jacuzzi is off the back porch. There is also an outdoor hot and cold shower. There is a lovely walking path to the top of the circling back to the house.
There are steps into the house at each entrance. A large cook's kitchen, fully equipped for serious cooks, graces the main floor. The large kitchen with cherry cabinets also has an island with a seating bar for 3 as well as an island sink. Stainless appliances and a relaxing corner nook (for a visitor to sit and visit with the cook or for the cook to take a break) complete the kitchen.
Enjoy the great room with a large antique dining table which can fit up to 10 with extender leaves. Leather couches in the great room seating area give elegant comfort. The TV rotates so that you can watch it from any area of the great room or kitchen. There is a DVD player and a variety of DVD's and books.
A large bathroom with 2 sinks, a toilet and a shower/ bathtub is off of the family room area. The washer and dryer are in the first floor bathroom.
Next to the kitchen is a living room with a leather couch, recliner and a single bed pull- out sofa.
Off of the living room is the first floor bedroom. It has a queen size bed, closet and chest of drawers.
On the second floor, find a large master bedroom with one of the original lovely cedar walls exposed. This room has a four poster king size bed, large closet and dresser. The master bath adjoins, featuring a granite counter sink, and a shower and toilet.
The third bedroom has a king bed, closet and dresser. In the fourth, there is a queen bed, and wardrobe.
The first floor has wood floors and the second floor is carpeted. The house is filled with sunlight and modern conveniences yet somehow retains a feel of its 1800's farm roots in spite of its makeover. It feels comfy and elegant at the same time.
- 2300 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 8-9
- King size beds (2), Queen size Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Video Library
- Mobile Phone:
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Cross Country Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Springs Farm is 2 miles from gorgeous Oglebay Park which has all the vacation amenities you could want in a mountain haven: swimming, tennis, skiing, world class golf, walking trails, museums, nature center, zoo, horseback riding, free summer concerts, light shows, paddle boats, miniature golf and much more. Nearby Wheeling Park has many of these activities also, plus a great water slide. Downtown Wheeling has activities including various seasonal fairs and free concerts. It is an hour drive to Cooper's Rock State Park for easy walks, rock climbing and more challenging hikes. You will see magnificent views without equal from Cooper's Rock itself. To drive to Ohiopyle State Park, it takes 1 hour and 20 minutes. There you will find white water rafting and river sports by the lovely artsy town of Ohiopyle, PA. Zip-lining is available 25 minutes from the farm. Wheeling has many attractions aside from Oglebay Resort, including Centre Market with unique, small shops. There are also 2 closeby malls and a Tanger outlet mall about 40 minutes drive towards Pittsburgh. Amish country is closeby in a few directions in Ohio and Maryland. Wheeling is on a narrow panhandle which makes access to all of these states very quick. Wheeling also has live theater. Capitol Theater offers shows and there is a local theatre troupe and a local orchestra. There are great restaurants. Our personal favorites are the Metropolitan Grill, and Coleman's Fish Market. Coleman's has been named repeatedly in national magazines for their great tasting fish. The farm itself can give you peace, beauty, and solitude. The house is surrounded by meadows and rolling mountains of woods on all sides. You will get daily visits from wildlife. If you are a birdwatcher like we are, then bring your binoculars. We have seen so many species of birds that we have lost count. The birds and wildlife usually come for your viewing if you just sit and wait quietly in comfort on the porch. Or seek them out on a nature walk. Relax in the jacuzzi and enjoy the stars. Have a campfire in the pit and roast marshmallows and tell stories. Take long restoring walks on our walking paths. If you want to vacation in a lovely home with every comfort, surrounded by the beauty of nature, yet accessible to many activities close by, this is the place. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect West Virgina Home
Perfect West Virgina Home
This home is perfect in every detail. This was an older home that has been updated with loving care and is spottlessly clean and well maintained. The owner's beautiful artwork can be found is almost every room! The back porch was my favorite spot for a dip in the hot tub, cool breezes and listening to the bird's songs. If you are a runner or hiker, the owner has cut a path that loops around the property for easy access to the property. I would rent this home again!
- Guest Linda K.
- Date of stay 08/02/13
- Review Submitted 08/09/13
A wonderful secluded country setting with a great house! We loved it and will return. Close to Oglebay and yet having a great deal of privacy. Clean, neat, well maintained, well decorated, updated, etc... Owners very concerned that our stay was great.
- Guest Bill S. (Pittesburgh)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 07/27/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Manager response: Thanks so much. We want every renter to love their stay. Each one has been a joy to serve. We will keep trying to make the place even more polished and comfy.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
We are closing between Dec 1 and Mar 15 because of possible snow issues. If you have long term rental requests please email.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Tax Rate 6%
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Pittsburgh at 45 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 70 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: DaVinci's at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Oglebay Resort at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Oglebay Resort at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Wilson Lodge at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1999
About: We bought this property for retirement. This place was once part of a dairy farm. Area seniors have memories of the farm and the kind man who owned it. The house was built in the late 1800's with hand hewn logs which have since been covered with siding. It had some additions which have since been torn off and a new section added to the house which holds the kitchen and great room. Lots of work, planning and money have been poured into the restoration of this house to a lovely and homey place.
This property is on the other side of the mountain from Lee's home while growing up. He loved it as a young man and told the man who owned the property that if he ever sold it to let him know. He did call let Lee know and we immediately bought it.
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
This offers the seclusion and beauty of a home in the country with all the nearby conveniences and activities of a house in the center of a community. It is a bird watcher's heaven and a nature lover's boon. It truly renews the heart to visit there.
- Primary: 847-370-5746
- Fax: +1 847-847-2311
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front view of house
Kids in jacuzzi
Another view with table
Another view of downstairs bath
Master bathroom shower
Upstairs bedroom with king bed, closet and dresser
Irises in large garden beside house
Newborn fawn in lawn
Jacuzzi deck in back
Kitchen and island/bar
Family room/ TV area
Downstairs bathroom with double sink, washer/dryer, and shower/bathtub
Upstairs bedroom with queen bed and wardrobe
Downstairs bedroom with dresser and closet
Spring house with rose trellis
Sunset from front deck
Red-tailed hawk in top tree limb
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, January 07, 2014
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.