VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Special offer: 20% off- Last minute deals May 10-31
Licensed Rental: TVR#4284/SP-2001-15
Located on the bluffs of Kauai's Kilauea Farms, Hideaway Bay boasts stunning, unobstructed ocean views from every room in the house. The home is completely private and surrounded by three acres of citrus trees, mangoes, papayas, bananas, and coconuts. Also, the home is located above a secluded white sand beach.
The design is elegant, comfortable, spacious, and open with two master suites, a great room, island kitchen, dining room, indoor Jacuzzi Whirlpool tub, and a shaded lanai. Each master suite has a king-size bed and there's a full-size sofa-sleeper in the great room.
From the heart of Kauai's gorgeous North Shore, Hideaway Bay offers huge ocean views, pristine gardens, green mountain views, Humpback whales, nesting Albatross, local fruit and lots of the Aloha Spirit. With a beautiful nearby beach and playful features such as a hot tub and outdoor shower, Hideaway Bay is the perfect place for a special occasion such as an anniversary or honeymoon. Mahalo and Aloha!
Property & Amenities: The home is completely private and surrounded by lush tropical fruit trees and pristine ocean and mountain views. There are no other homes or roads within sight or sound of Hideaway Bay and the views are over conservation land where albatross nest. In the winter and early spring Humpback whales can be easily spotted from every room in the house and the covered lanai.
Hideaway Bay is a completely stocked turnkey rental home. The gourmet kitchen includes blender, rice cooker, baking tools, wok, coffee bean grinder & maker, and all the other normal items you would expect in a modern kitchen. The home includes beach towels, bath towels, house lounging towels, and quality bedding linens with extra sheets in the closets. Beach chairs, coolers, umbrella, mats, and some toys are provided as well. Each of the bedrooms have air conditioners and there are ceiling fans throughout the house.
Activities & Recommendations: Excellent location on the North Shore just minutes from spectacular beaches, waterfalls, surfing, kayaking, golfing, hiking, bird watching, horseback riding, jeep trails, snorkeling, scuba, wind and kite surfing, beach combing, dining, shopping, bike rentals, gardens, etc.. This property is ideal because it is on a spit of land away from the mountains. Most of the North Shore towns are near the base of tall mountains cause much more rain than the Kilauea Farms area and Hideaway Bay. Often times the wetness passes over us as clouds, then collects at the mountains and rains heavily. Therefore towns like Hanalei receive over twice as much rainfall as Hideaway Bay and Kilauea Farms.
Just minutes from the Princeville airport for helicopter rides, just 4 miles from the great swimming and snorkeling at Anini Beach, three miles from Kilauea-Town and Pau Hana bakery serving fresh pastries, bagels, and coffee every morning and a short walk to the beach.
The Beach: Guests staying in Hideaway Bay or Plumeria Moon enjoy nearby secluded and beautiful Waiakalua Beach. This beach is for many a dream come true. Limited public access to this beach and an abundance of beaches in the area cause this picturesque white sand beach to be deserted most of the time. The shell hunting is particularly good at this beach yet swimming and snorkeling conditions vary depending on the ocean tide. Sunsets at Pila'a are exquisite and watching the waves is always relaxing. The complete privacy of the well separated homes, and wonderful Beach a short walk away, lead to many guests hardly using their rental cars. Within five miles of the property there are eight different uniquely beautiful beaches to enjoy. The further you drive in either direction the more beaches there are. Forty Four percent of Kauai's coastline is beach.
There are over fifty miles of beach on this incredible island!
Hideaway Bay is licensed by the State of Hawaii and the County of Kauai as a legal Transient Vacation Rental property. This means that if you rent Hideaway Bay (unlike many other rentals out there) you can be sure it will be legal and available when you arrive. TVR # 4284 / SP 2011-15
Keywords: Private, peaceful, tropical home set atop the bluffs of Kilauea Farms on the spectacular North Shore of Kauai. Licensed Rental: TVR#4284/SP-2001-15
COUNTY OF KAUAI REQUIRES COPY OF FOLLOWING DOCUMENT ON ALL ADVERTISING: 4180 N. Waiakalua St. Kilauea, HI 96754 FOR THE SAFETY AND COMFORT OF YOU AND YOUR NEIGHBORS Aloha and Welcome to HIDEAWAY BAY and the Beautiful Garden Island of KAUA'I
1. Please Be Good Neighbors Keep noise to a minimum, especially before 8:00 am and after 10:00 pm. Your neighbors (distant, in our case) probably have to go to work the next day, so please be considerate. Turn off outdoor lights at night whenever possible. We enjoy our dark nights when the stars are bright and beautiful. Of equal importance, our wildlife can become disoriented at night if lights are too bright. Please be sure you park only on property; we have plenty of space for parking and driving on the lawn is ok. If you have any questions about our neighbors or how to best be considerate of them, please call Thomas at 808-635-6262.
2. Beach Safety Be mindful of the surf. Our shorelines face thousands of miles of open ocean. Northern winter storms and southern summer storms can bring us extremely dangerous surf conditions. NEVER turn your back on the ocean – summer or winter. Rogue waves can appear even in calm surf conditions. You can check ocean conditions at www.KauaiExplorer.com/oceanreport. There are lifeguards at Haena Beach Park, Hanalei Pavilion, Lydgate, Poipu Beach Park, Salt Pond and Kekaha. For your family’s safety, we advise that you check with lifeguards before going into the ocean. For non-guarded beaches, you should at least check with local residents who are there regarding unseen currents or other dangers.
3. 911 In case of fire or medical emergency, call 9-1-1. The address and phone number of your accommodation is posted on the inside of both bedroom doors. For non-emergency assistance, please call Police Dispatch at 241-1711. The phone number for Wilcox Hospital in Lihue is 808-245-1100. The closest emergency treatment center is Mahelona Hospital 808-822-4961 up the hill on your right as you enter Kapa’a.
4. Weather We do experience flash flooding during periods of heavy rain. If you must drive in this kind of weather, drive with extreme caution. Severe weather could result in the temporary closing of the main road out of Hanalei. For the most up to the minute Traffic and Weather information, please call 808-241-1725. You can also visit www.NOAA.com
5. Disaster Emergencies On the first business day of each month at 11:45 am, our Civil Defense sirens are tested. However, if you hear these sirens at any other time, please tune to AM radio station KQNG (“KONG”) at AM 570 for real-time reports and instructions. Also, the front of the Kaua’i phone book has emergency, disaster, evacuation and shelter information. Hurricane emergency supplies have been provided and are located over the bathroom in the back bedroom.
6. Security Although theft is our neighborhood is uncommon, please be cautious with your personal belongings. It is always best to lock up your valuables. Lock your doors and windows when you leave the property.
7. Island Driving Etiquette Please honor the posted speed limits. Frequently check your rear view mirror. If more than 4 or 5 cars are stacking up behind you, pull completely off to the side of the road and let them pass. This can also help you when driving at night as our dark roads can be confusing. The cars following you likely know where they are going and can help light the way for you. If you are lost, remember that this is a small island and you will find your way soon. Keep driving until you find a safe place to pull over and turn around. If you can head downhill, you will get to the ocean within a few miles. Never make a U-turn on the highway. When navigating the one-lane bridges, cross the bridges caravan style. It is usually appropriate for 5 or 6 cars to cross at a time. A simple rule of thumb: Drain the lane; if you arrive late – wait. When parking at the beaches, park, or sight-seeing locations be sure to park fully off the street, in assigned or clearly marked parking spaces. If you want to stop to enjoy the scenery, please pull completely off to the side of the road.
Both masters have king size beds and a shower. The main master also has a decadent Jacuzzi Whirlpool bathtub.
The main master is decorated in a jungle theme, has a walk-in closet, satellite TV & DVD in an Armoire, and a split unit air conditioner.
The second master bedroom also has a king size bed, has a very open feel with windows on three walls framing the gorgeous landscaping, ocean and mountain views, a private patio lanai, and is decorated in a rich Hawaiian theme. This room also offers a small chaise lounge which could sleep another small child.
Although the house has two master bedrooms it is excellent for just one couple. In fact, most of our guests are couples looking to celebrate a special event in complete privacy. The house is very romantic for two.
This luxurious home is tastefully built and both it and the land are blessed with a very welcoming and peaceful energy....moreless
The bathrooms are all tile floors and counters and are kept in immaculate condition. In addition we work very hard to ensure there are fresh towels and linens. Our housekeeping staff does an excellent job of making sure the place is spotless and the towels and linens are fresh.
Also, the home is relatively new so the toilets and other features have not been worn down and are in excellent condition. Also, we regularly replace the towels and wash clothes to make sure they are immaculate and fresh.
Finally, while each master bedroom as a bathroom, the Jungle Master delivers a large jacuzzi tub with spectacular ocean views. The half-bath is on the other side of the house and is very warm and welcoming....moreless
Kauai’s North Shore offers world class…snorkeling, river & sea kayaking, hiking, bird watching, swimming, surfing, golf, horseback riding, fishing, deserted beach walking, windsurfing, kite surfing, waterfall tours, movie location tours, helicopter tours, 4 wheel drive jeep tours, sailing, scuba diving, bike renting, tennis, shopping, shell hunting, fine dining, local food dining, farmers markets, sunset watching, live music, and if you stay with us…the opportunity to completely escape from the outside world and spend your days looking out at the ocean, watching for whales, or walking to the secluded white sands beach. Hideaway Bay is paradise....moreless
Books For Adults
Games For Kids
Satellite / Cable
Away From It All
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Golf Privileges Optional
Hunting Small Game
Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
Seating for 6 people
Free Long Distance:
Free calls within Hawaii, United States and Canada....moreless
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cleaning$225 + tax
$475/night. Discounts available!
$1000 Security Deposit is waived if booked with a credit card
4 night minimum unless dates fit between existing reservations
We do not raise rates during peak seasons
As with any accommodations in Hawaii, 13.25% state tax
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Hideaway Bay enjoys looking out over the conservation land that is protected by the nearby Kilauea Lighthouse Bird Sanctuary where Albatross and many other sea birds nest and can been seen in abundance.
Hideaway Bay is completely private yet it is located just 3 miles from the quaint town of Kilauea where there is dining, shopping and groceries. The property is 40 minutes from the airport and about an hours drive from Poipu and South Shore destinations.
One of the wonderful things about this property is that it enjoys being on the gorgeous North Shore which is the lush and far more beautiful side of the island but is not right up against the bases of the dramatically steep mountains so it gets about half the rainfall of Princeville and Hanalei although it is just a few minutes from each. Being away from the edge of the mountains also catches wonderfully cooling ocean breezes. The property is on the tip of a large piece of land that sticks out into the ocean away from the mountain.
Other Activities: Whale and Bird Watching, Beach Combing, Pure Relaxation
Year Purchased: 2000
About: I have managed and operated Kauai Vacation Hideaway since 2000 when I helped the owner and my friend Mike Testa find this spectacular property. I take pride in providing a wonderful and well-kept property for people to enjoy their vacations.
Why Kilauea: This is a special area of Kauai. It is on the gorgeous North Shore yet has easy access to the East Shore and the multitude of beaches in the area. This location enjoys a dryer climate than most of the North Shore so often we can brag about sunshine while rejuvenating showers fall on areas closer to the interior mountains.