Fabulous, Rustic Lodge with Stunning View of Lake Barkley
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Eddyville lodge description
This spacious log cabin sits on 2 wooded acres overlooking McNabb Bay on Lake Barkley. It's located at the end of a road which dead ends into Corp. of Engineering property, ensuring privacy. McNabb Bay is large enough for all water sports, yet maintains a quiet, secluded atmosphere even during holiday weekends.
As one enters the front door, you encounter a large stone fireplace flanked by French doors and windows. This two story great room opens onto a wrap-around deck, affording views of the mouth of McNabb Bay and the main channel of Lake Barkley and LBL in the distance. A 42' LED TV with Blue Ray DVD is a second focal point in this large gathering area. A well appointed kitchen and large screened in porch are accessed through the dining area. The master bedroom is furnished with a queen sized bed and has private access to the deck. The en suite master bath includes a shower and tub.
Rustic, pine stairs lead to a reading loft which includes a sleeper sofa for additional accommodations. Two large bedrooms are furnished with queen sized beds, and a large bath with separate double vanity serve upstairs guests.
The lower level was designed to afford separate living and sleeping areas for children or teens. A generous recreational room has another TV/DVD and pool table. A large family or children's bedroom includes a queen bed and two twins in the form of a trundle bed. A laundry/bathroom is located off a hallway that leads to the garage.
The feel of this lodge with interior pine walls and beams brings elements of the outdoors inside. We've extended the experience with a treehouse for the kids. A bonfire pit allows one to enjoy the surrounding wood year round. A private covered dock is the perfect base for swimming, kayaking, water skiing and boating.
There is separate screened pavilion which is multi-functional. Originally intended as a fish fry house, this doubles as meeting space or chapel for visiting groups.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Wood Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
Medicine Man Lodge is a unique destination with year round access to boating, fishing, golfing and hunting. This spacious log home with large stone fireplace provides a stunning view of Lake Barkley, while ensuring privacy on its 2 acre wooded lot. The wrap-around deck, screened porch and two large seating and dining areas allow for a sizable group to gather comfortably. The private covered dock is perfect for swimming, kayaking, water skiing or riding jet skis. This property is located on McNabb Bay, which is large enough for water sports, yet quiet and full of interesting wildlife. Blue herons, bald eagles and osprey are commonly seen on the shoreline. Sitings of deer and wild turkey are frequent, with red fox and wildcat reserved for our quiet, patient visitors. The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is a short boat or car ride away and offers year-round family activities. A separate covered pavilion is also a perfect place for meetings and retreats. ...moreless
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water Parks
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Horseback Riding
- The best of both worlds exists at Medicine Man Lodge where one can enjoy the quiet solitude of the woods and Lake Barkley or be at a number of local attractions within minutes. The view from the two story great room and wrap-around deck looks out over the lake and to The Land Between the Lakes National Recreational Area. This 175,000 acre park is home to a planetarium, elk and bison herd, and Homeplace 1850, a living, working historical farm. Miles of biking and hiking trails traverse this recreational facility, which also has stables for the riding enthusiast. Mineral Mounds and Barkley State Lodge are home to two of the region's best golf courses, and a small regional airport is located on the state lodge grounds. Local towns of interest include Cadiz, KY with its antique stores and local theatre, and Princeton, KY, home to Adsmore Museum and Eddy Grove Vineyard. Eddy Grove Vineyard is the producer of Medicine Man Wines, from which the lodge derives its name. Their tasting room and gift shop is open for wine tasting Tues.-Sat. noon - 6pm May through Dec. Opened weekends only during the winter. Events are held throughout the year and can be found on their fb page or website. Private tastings and tours may be arranged with prior notice. The Adsmore Museum is a real gem. This 1857 antebellum mansion was home to the Smith-Garrett family who donated the home with all of its contents to the city of Princeton. Rotating exhibits invite visitors to be a part of Katharine's birthday, Selina's engagement and wedding, the Black Patch War, and a Victorian Christmas. This is a must-see for any history buff. Open Tues. - Sat. 11-4. Venture River Water Park is a popular family, summertime destination. Check its website for hours, as it did sustain some storm damage in Sept. 2012. For a great outing without the kids, Green Turtle Bay Spa is a full service spa in Grand Rivers, KY which is also home to Patti's 1880's Restaurant. This iconic eatery has a unique gift shop, miniature golf, and wedding venue. It was voted #1 Best Small Town Restaurant in the Southeast US by Southern Living Magazine. Check out their 2' pork chop, gardens and new rock climbing wall. Hunting and fishing opportunities are limitless. Bass, crappie, bluegill, red ear, and catfish abound in Lake Barkley. Hunting in the area will require permission by private land owners or a special permit to the hunt the Land Between the Lakes Recreational Area. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Vacation for the whole family
Great Vacation for the whole family
We shared this home with another family and had a fantastic time. The house was very comfortable and had plenty of room for everyone. We loved being able to bring our boat and leave it at the covered boat dock just down the hill. The screened in porch was great for being outside but keeping the bugs at bay. We would definitely rent this home again.
- Guest Tina (IL)
- Date of stay 06/22/13
- Review Submitted 07/25/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers.
Manager response: We hope to see you on your next trip!
Fantastic views, comfortable, and well equipped
Fantastic views, comfortable, and well equipped
This lodge was accurately described and we enjoyed it tremendously. Everyone was comfortable and having such a quiet setting was extremely nice. We came from all directions and met to enjoy several of the area attractions including The winery. We hope to return again to Medicine Man Lodge in the future. Thank you for allowing us to share time in such a warm and welcoming home.
- Guest Library Lady (Farmington, MO)
- Date of stay 03/28/13
- Review Submitted 03/31/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Manager response: YAY!!! Call me and we will get it booked for next year!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Summer Rate Weekly Rental Only
May 1 - Oct 1, 2014
3 night min stay
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Paducah, KY at 55 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 24 at 9 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Oasis Southwest Grill at 12 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Mineral Mounds Golf Course at 10 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Echo Charlie's Restaurant at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1997
About: David and Jenny built this vacation home with Jenny's parents, Arnold aka 'Red' and Roseanne, as a mid-point for family from the St. Louis area, Nashville, and central Indiana to gather. It was intended to allow for comfortable, multi-generational celebrations, and in fact we've hosted birthday and graduation parties and even the family Thanksgiving there. With two busy medical practices, Jenny and David found this cabin to be needed respite and an opportunity for great family time. Most of our family photos are of David and the kids holding up a string of fish! Now that the kids are grown, we're introducing our grandson Jackson to all the wonders of the lake. He has his own little fishing rod, and thinks it's really cool to touch the fish on the eyeball! We also use our time there as an opportunity for exercise. Commerce Landing Rd. is an awesome place for a challenging power walk. We add kayaking or canoeing whenever we can. We' thinking about windsurfing next. Although we have tried to focus our time there on enjoying the natural surroundings and soaking in a little piece and quiet, one can't escape the critical need for ESPN. David follows both of his alma maters (UK and Louisville) avidly, and tries to make up for Jenny's lack of enthusiasm by channel surfing to include her own Illini. With our kids being graduates of Vanderbilt, Auburn and Boston College, and the youngest a Boilermaker, it's nearly a full time job. Red and Roseanne have enjoyed hosting their Sunday school class at the lodge for retreats. They will join in a sunset cruise of the lake, but prefer playing cards, cooking, and quietly looking out for deer, red fox, and a plethora of birds. In their spare time, Jenny and David own Eddy Grove Vineyard, home to Medicine Man wines in Princeton, KY. We plan events, host dinners and parties, and obviously enjoy wine. An extension of that is we definitely love to entertain and share our great lake place with others. Come enjoy!
David's family has had a place on Lake Barkley from the time it was impounded. David remembers fishing McNabb Creek during its transition into a bay. The hillside on which the cabin is situated was a rolling pasture. Back in the day, David's father would make homemade water skis out of wood plank and six cousins would ski behind one boat. Family time on Lake Barkley is a legacy that continues. When Jenny and David decided to partner with Red and Roseanne to build Medicine Man Lodge, they chose two adjacent wooded lots that would position the home and dock to optimize the view and access to the lake. They really wanted the home to blend in with the woods, and in fact one feels like you're in a really big treehouse when standing out on the deck. They love the quiet and privacy the property provides, because Lord knows things get loud when they're all together playing euchre!!
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
Jenny and David and their two youngest children lived at the cabin during their transition moving from Nashville to Princeton, KY. One fall afternoon they were standing on the wrap-around deck soaking in a little remaining afternoon sun when a pair of bald eagles flew just overhead on their way to their hunting ground. They nest at LBL, just across the main channel of Lake Barkley. How cool is that! This place allows folks to jet ski, water ski, fish, hunt, swim, kayak, canoe, windsurf....or do absolutely nothing but enjoy the beautiful, quiet surroundings.
- Primary: +1 270 522-8765
- Fax: +1 270 522-6330
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Entrance with large stone fireplace.
Dining area with door to wraparound deck with gas grill.
Large screened porch opening on to wraparound deck.
One of two upstairs bedrooms.
View toward lake. Covered dock down path which can be reached by vehicle.
View of downstairs den with sectional and 2nd satellite TV.
View from great room toward dining area with screened porch beyond.
View of loft from great room with full bath and two bedrooms up.
Master bedroom with doors opening to wraparound deck.
Downstairs bedroom with queen bed and twin with trundle.
Loft area with sleeper sofa.
View of great room/stone fireplace from loft.
Pool table area outside downstairs bedroom.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 04, 2013