Paradise! Beautiful Eco-Friendly Luxury Home on Bend's Westside
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
A truly one of a kind home! Fine craftsmanship abounds, from the custom made cabinetry and built-ins to the hand-milled trim and doors. With cozy nooks and a great-room floor plan, it lends itself beautifully to entertaining or solitude.
2004/SF with 3 bedrooms (master on main), 2.5 bathrooms, and a bonus/movie room with a 10' screen and DVD projector!
So much is custom and/or reclaimed in this home! Low VOC finishes, salvaged pine ceilings, reclaimed Red Oak flooring upstairs, exterior gables made from milled telephone poles, corrugated metal exterior wainscoting recycled from old lumber yard kiln sheds, and FSC recycled antique timber vertical grain Fir used for all handmade interior doors, built-ins, and kitchen cabinets.
Super clean home with granite countertops, stainless high-end appliances, HE washer/dryer, and gorgeous light fixtures.
Landscaping highlights include a beautiful water feature, raspberries in the summer, green grass to play on, and a large paver patio out back for barbecuing.
Downstairs is the great room with large kitchen, dining room table (seats 10), living room, fireplace room, half-bath, and master bedroom. The master bedroom has a large attached bathroom that features a stunning tile and natural stone shower. There is also a mud room by the front door- perfect for hanging your ski jacket in the winter or storing your flip-flops in the summer.
Upstairs is bedroom #2 (with a queen bed), a full bathroom (tub/shower), the laundry room, the bonus/movie room, and bedroom #3 (with 3 twin beds, bunk-bed style).
Location, location, location! Just 3 short blocks off of Galveston Ave., where you will find great options for dining. Try the Victorian Cafe for breakfast, 10 Barrel Brewing for dinner, or the Westside Tavern for a bit of local flavor and a nice cocktail! Nearby you will also find a Pilot Butte Drive-In (the greatest cheeseburger in the world!), Baldy's BBQ, and other great takeout spots. There is a Safeway (regular food) in one direction on 14th St. and the Newport Market (fancy food) in the other direction- both just a few blocks away. Also a couple of blocks away is the small Overturf Butte Park- a nice place for the kids to play- or you can take a quick hike up the hill trail for a nice view of town.
Old Mill Shops, outdoor concerts at Les Schwab Amphitheater, downtown Bend's nightlife, McMenamin's Old St. Francis School (restaurant, bars, hotel, great heated soaking pool- see links), more parks for the kids, more great restaurants and breweries- all of Bend is just a few blocks away by foot or a few minutes away by car. In the summer you can drive 5 minutes to the Deschutes River and enjoy a leisurely float through town. In the winter, several snow parks and Mt. Bachelor are all within 30 minutes of the house by car. You can go rock climbing at Smith Rock State Park, swimming at South Twin Lake, and hiking or fishing just about anywhere.
After a fun day outdoors, we like to walk the 5 minute walk over to 10 Barrel Brewing on Galveston Ave., fill up a growler (or two) with some great beer, and head back to the house, sit on the front step, and enjoy life. Please come and do the same!
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
- King size beds (1) Cal King in Master. Comfortable, good quality linens and mattress., Queen size Beds (1) Queen in upstairs bedroom. Comfortable, good quality linens and mattress., Bunk Beds (1) One bunk bed and a single, raised bunk-style bed upstairs in Bedroom #3 for a total of 3 twin beds. Comfortable, good quality linens and mattress....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- The house is heated via a concrete convective slab / hydronic air system. This means that the furnace keeps the concrete slab, which makes up the entire floor of the downstairs, at a constant temperature. Combined with the 8' staggered stud walls (for higher efficiency/R-value) and passive solar design of the house, this is how the house stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer. One of our favorite things to do in winter is build a fire in the wood stove first thing in the morning. This helps keep the house warm all day. You also have the option to use the in-wall heaters in each bedroom to add warmth per each person's individual preferences. We have a DVD projector with a 10' movie screen in the Movie Room, another TV with built-in DVD player, and a selection of DVDs, but we do not have cable. We find that it helps us to unplug. We do have WiFi, as sometimes people do have to work.... There is a water feature in the front yard. It may be shut off in the winter....moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Big Game
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- While visiting Bend you can stop by 10 different craft breweries on the Bend Ale Trail, play on one of 16 golf courses within 20 miles of the city, or enjoy Mt. Bachelor's downhill snowboard/ski runs and groomed cross-country trails. In the summer you can fish, kayak, stand-up paddle, whitewater raft, or float-tube the Deshcutes River, even in town! In the winter you can ice skate at the Inn at the Seventh Mountain (6 miles away from our house) or go sledding, snowshoeing, or snowmobiling at a nearby snowpark. There are plenty of lakes to choose from- South Twin is best for a family swim, Elk Lake is best for sailing, Sparks Lake is a favorite for canoeing, and Wickiup Reservoir is best for German Brown Trout. You can go caving at Lava River Cave, cycling on Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway, mountain biking on Phil's Trail, hiking in the Three Sisters Wilderness or along the Deschutes River Trail in town. You can climb Pilot Butte (easy), Black Butte (medium), or the South Sister (hard). You can visit the High Desert Museum (complete with recreated homestead and working sawmill) or head to Smith Rock State Park for some great rock climbing. Or you can just enjoy the city of Bend- between outdoor concerts at the Les Schwab Amphitheater, shopping or movies in the Old Mill District, and nightlife in some fantastic restaurants and bars, there will be lots of fun things to choose from.......moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our favorite house in Bend!
Our favorite house in Bend!
We had a GREAT time staying at this house! It is a really beautiful place, with wonderful details that the pictures just don't do justice. The bunk bed room is great for kids, the movie room has an amazing giant projector, and the backyard is perfect for barbeque season. We loved the giant dining room table & the wood burning stove. The location is perfect - you can walk to downtown if you'd like, but there are great bars & restaurants only a few blocks away. There's nothing like walking down to 10 Barrel Brewery to fill up your growler! The price seems very reasonable for what you get. This will definitely be our first choice the next time we visit Bend!
- Guest Jason
- Date of stay 03/08/13
- Review Submitted 03/31/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Great house for everyone. Awesome location
Great house for everyone. Awesome location
We had a wonderful time at this house. Especially our 2 kids (6 and 4). Not only they loved the bunk beds but they were thrilled to play with all the toys. Even more when they found all the ones behind the "secret" door in their bedroom. The house is very pleasant. The lack of TV didn't really bother us. We used the "movie room" a lot. There is a great collection of DVD there. The house is very comfortable and well-designed. Extremely clean. WIFI works very well. The location is amazing. It's on the way to Mt Bachelor and there are a ton of excellent restaurants at a walking distance (10 barrel brewery, Ariana, Baldy's BBQ, backporch coffee, Village Baker...).
- Guest Alex
- Date of stay 02/20/13
- Review Submitted 02/27/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, people with disabilities, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Regular rates: $250/night, $1450/week Christmas/New Years and Summer season (June 15-Sept 15) $350/night, $2050/week Plus 10% (9% city, 1% state) lodging tax. $125 cleaning fee. 1 week minimum holidays, 4 night minimum summer, 2 night minimum otherwise Security deposit required. Rates subject to change.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Redmond Airport (RDM) at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 97 at 1.7 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Westside Tavern at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt. Bachelor at 21.3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Tetherow at 1.9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: 10 Barrel Brewing at 0.3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
- Primary: +1 541-497-3242 cell phone
- Secondary: + cell
- Fax: 503-961-1381
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of house, front yard in summer.
Great room looking towards kitchen & front door. Fireplace room on left.
Another view of the Great room. You can see the back door in this view.
Master bedroom. Large window looks out on back patio and yard.
Bedroom #3 with 3 twin beds. Upstairs.
Upstairs hallway. You can also see Bedroom #3 and the upstairs bathroom.
Movie room with DVD projector, comfortable built-in couches, and 10' movie scree
Photo taken from top of stairs looking down into fireplace room.
Built-ins below the stairs.
Back yard patio. There is a nice grass area, too, for playing or hanging out.
Looking out from the upstairs, down on the water feature side of the front yard.
Functional, roomy kitchen. Windows look out to front yard & water feature.
Kitchen table seats 10.
Master bedroom with master bath in background.
Master bath shower- tile with natural river rock floor!
Bedroom #3, upstairs. The kids can watch a movie here, too!
Bedroom #2, upstairs, with queen bed.
Top of the stairs on your left, 10' movie screen on your right.
Fireplace room. Wood is provided.
Downstairs half-bathroom, just off the main living room space.
Fun details are everywhere!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013