Stylish & Elegant 1 BR Townhouse
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
This beautiful 4 story townhouse, truly lovely and luxurious, is situated on a quiet and leafy street in the heart of Amsterdam, near to Centraal Station and the Jordaan. We are located in a charming little neighborhood, quiet, mostly pedestrian and largely undiscovered by local residents and tourists.
Originally built in 1915, the house has been beautifully renovated with a modern sensibility that incorporates style, comfort, practicality and elegance. The house can accommodate as many as 5 guests, 2 in the queen size bed, 2 in the queen size, pull-out sofabed and 1 in a pull-out chair bed.
* ground floor- You enter directly into the dining room, overlooking the street, with the kitchen to the rear of the room. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, oven, microwave, gas hob, fridge, freezer, coffeemaker and Nespresso machine; washing machine and dishwasher discretely stored in under stair storage; Dining Room with dining table sitting up to 8 and flat screen TV.
* 1st floor - Take the long staircase (4 meter ceilings!) to the 1st floor where you enter into the Living Room furnished with a large 3 seat sofabed, 2 arm chairs and flat screen TV, including DVD player, i-Phone/iPod dock and internet radio. Note: The stairs are generous by Dutch standards (not too steep or narrow) but the the ceiling is high on the ground floor so there are a few more stairs than usual to the 1st floor.
* 2nd floor - Study/Library and Bathroom. The bathroom features double sink, large vanity mirror with inbuilt toiletry cabinet with shaver sockets and hairdryer, underfloor heating and heated towel radiator, large shower with rain shower; fresh towels, toilet paper and tissues supplied. The Study is furnished with a single, pull-out bed. There is a desk and small library with a variety of books and games to keep you amused.
* 3rd floor - spacious but cosy master bedroom set under the open beams, featuring queen size bed (160x200cm) with teak and glass topped night stands, large built-in wardrobes, large teak and glassed topped double chest of drawers, full length dressing mirror and flat screen TV; fresh bedding is provided.
Wireless internet access is free to use for guests--but you must provide the equipment.
Located within a 3-10 minute walk are Centraal Station, Dam Square, Anne Frank House, the organic open-air market at the Noordermarkt, the 9 Streets 'negen straatjes' and other local boutique shopping streets. A 15-30 minute walk will take you to the Flower Market, Rembrandtplein, Leidseplein, the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum and the Vondelpark as well as several smaller museums and tourist sites. You can also take a tram from the conveniently located stop, just a 2 minute walk from the house.
- Vacation Rental
Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Children will be considered, please provide their age(s). Our home may not be appropriate for small children, given the stairs from one room to another and that we have no infant/toddler furniture....morecollapse
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- 1 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- Bedroom 1
- 1.0 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
Kitchen & Dining
combination microwave, convection oven, gas cooktop/hob, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, coffeemaker, Nespresso machine, kettle, pots and pans, cooking utensils, dishes, glassware, silverware--everything to prepare and enjoy a meal...morecollapse
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
Location & View
- Monument View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Botanical Garden
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
ReviewsWrite a review
Really lovely house in perfect location
Really lovely house in perfect location
We rented this house, wanting to be in a typical Dutch neighborhood as opposed to a hotel. The location is fabulous - even though we were not fast walkers, the house is 10 minutes from Central Station (as stated) 5 minutes from shops & a grocery store, and 5 minutes in the other direction were great restaurants and bars. The Newmarket on Saturday morning is a 10 minute walk and not to be missed. The Anne Frank House was a 15 minute walk. Despite this, the street was very quiet and peaceful in the evening. The house itself has been recently renovated as noted in the pictures - kitchen and bath are very modern and very well appointed. All of the little niceties were included - spices in the kitchen, coffee, laundry supplies, every imaginable amenity in the bathroom from a hair drier to shampoo. Internet service worked really well as did the cable TV (even though we didn't use it much). The property manager was nearby with any questions and there was a friendly B&B across the street. The house was spotlessly clean. Directions from the property manager were very detailed and spot on. The owner left us Amsterdam guides and a list of recommended local restaurants - including a Tapas restaurant that we went to and agreed with the recommendation. Just a note: for anyone not used to Dutch "steps" - the steps up to each of the floors were more like steep ladders. If you are at all physically limited or have small children, you should consider this in renting any multi-level Dutch home without a lift. I would highly recommend this property to friends and relatives.
- Guest Donna
- Date of stay 09/26/12
- Review Submitted 10/08/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Minimum stay of 3 nights at all times; 4-7 nights for holidays and special events Maximum of 5 guests Rates are high season.Discounts for stays of 7+ nights and during low season 1-2 guests: € 160 per night 3 guests: € 180 per night 4 guests: € 200 per night 5 guests: € 220 per night Sorry, we will not consider an exchange.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 06, 2013