Chez Rae . . . .Guest House in Paradise
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Nelson bungalow description
This guest house, in the truly beautiful Slocan Valley, is 3 miles off Hwy 6 in Winlaw into the aptly named Paradise Valley. You look into the trees from a spacious covered deck. There is a well equipped kitchen, bathroom with shower, 2 bedrooms . . .one queen, one double . . .comfortable chairs,TV,DVD/CD, high speed internet and a phone line because cell phones don't work here. Really. There's a washer/dryer and covered parking.On the deck is a clawfoot bathtub, more comfortable chairs, BBQ, and in summer can provide sleeping for 2 more in the 'Out of Africa Suite' . . .a queen bed under a mosquito net.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Limited Accessibility
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 2-6
- Queen size Beds (2), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- CD Player
Location & View
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Although only about an hour away from many lively towns and hot springs and ski hills, you needn't travel far for things to do because 'downtown' Winlaw has a lot to offer. There is a corner grocery, an organic market, 2 very fine cafes with lots of live music, a highly eclectic and extensive movie rental store, and several shops selling herbs and wool and such. Winlaw is also a trail head for the Rails to Trails which affords miles of trail to walk, bike, or cross country ski on. In summer the river is sublime for swimming or floating down and the majestic Slocan Lake is 20 minutes away. In winter you can snowshoe or ski right out your door....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great place to stay
Great place to stay
We stayed here for 2 nights and I can tell you it's a one of a kind accommodation. It's beautifully located up on a quiet mountain. The location of the lodge provides you with beautiful scenery and the peace and quietness I was looking for during my stay! The lodge is very spacious an you have everything you need right at hand. The owner is super friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this to everyone!!
- Guest Inge (Vancouver)
- Date of stay 09/15/13
- Review Submitted 09/16/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers.
$80 per night double occupancy $500 a week $1250 a month $20 per person per night extra
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Castlegar,or Trail at 40 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1974
About the owner: I grew up in Oregon, but have lived here in the Slocan Valley for over 40 years, where my husband and I built this homestead.
Why the Owner Chose Nelson:
I live on the property with my dog Rory and cat Oscar.
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
It's rare in this world to find the kind of quiet one has here in Paradise Valley. Of course, there are the occasional dog barks to keep the deer and bears at bay.
- Primary: 250 226 7304
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Out of Africa Suite
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, October 21, 2013