Casanivi 14+2, Between Florence, Pisa and Lucca
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
RECEPTIVE STRUCTURE. Casanivi is situated among the green hills of Tuscany, in a charming panoramic position inside a cultural triangle formed by Florence, Pisa and Lucca. The house consists of two farmhouses dating from the fourteenth century. The owners, in renovating it, have maintained the typical Tuscan style and, where it was possible, have salvaged materials from the antique terracotta flooring to the ceilings with chestnut-wood beams and rafters. The house is located in the centre of a large property characterized by terraced land mainly planted with olive trees. Casanivi is located a short distance from the international airports of Florence and Pisa and just minutes from Montecatini Terme, Lucca and Forte dei Marmi in Versilia.A few metres from the main building is a small annex. Some animals (geese) are present in the property, in an enclosure far from the house.Very closed the Montecatini Golf Club where the track nearly 6.000 Meters is complex, with natural water obstacles that lay a trap in at least five of eighteen holes. Other obstacles are walloons, high trees, vegetation, end some difficult out of bound.
The property is composed of two farmhouses. The main house has two floors. The main entrance leads into the living area with fireplace, then on to a dining area with fireplace and a functional kitchen. The entire living area is characterized by large French windows that provide access to the garden and terrace with a fantastic view over the plain. On this same floor is a bathroom with shower and a laundry room. A terracotta staircase leads up to the sleeping area on the first floor composed of an air-conditioned corridor on to which open a double bedroom with air conditioning and ensuite bathroom with shower, two double bedrooms, a double bedroom with queen-size bed and two bathrooms with shower. The second house has two floors and a tower. On the ground floor is the living room, a dining area overlooking the pool, a kitchen with laundry and a bathroom with shower. The original stone staircase leads up to the first floor which also communicates with the first floor of the main house. Here are two double bedrooms, a bathroom with shower, a small room with two bunk beds and a double bedroom in the tower with stunning views over the plain and the pool.
The partially fenced-in park covers an area of about 6 acres of land, mainly planted with olive trees and terraced garden. The colourful garden has a variety of ornamental plants and fruit trees while the entrance to the property is characterized by centuries-old cypress trees. The panoramic terrace in front of the house allows guests to eat outdoors and enjoy the beautiful sunsets over the valley. The garden has been made more comfortable and cosy by the presence of pergolas to brighten the guests’ moments of relaxation.
Open from the last Saturday in April until the first Saturday in October, the pool enjoys a beautiful view over the Valdinievole and the hills surrounding it. It is located on the same level as the house which is only 10 metres away. The rectangular-shaped pool measures 12 x 6 m with a depth of 2.50 m and has large steps for access to the water. The pool is paved and has saline purification. The border is in sandstone and the surrounding solarium area in terracotta is furnished with sunbeds, deckchairs, chairs and two large umbrellas where guests can enjoy the beautiful sunset. The pool has an outdoor shower.
Height above sea level: 80 m
Check in time: Saturday between 4:00 PM at 7:00 PM
Check out time: Within 10:00 AM
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 14-16
- Double Beds (6) 1 double with french bed, Bunk Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- The property is located between the towns of Montecatini Terme and Pescia, between the eastern end of the Plain of Lucca and the Plain of Valdinievole. Lucca with its walls and Montecatini Terme with its famous spa, both well known since ancient times, are two cities with a large tourist affluence attracted also to the lively strolling among the beautiful shops that characterize the town centres. The property is surrounded by small medieval villages such as Pescia, Collodi (the “birthplace” of Pinocchio), Massa and Cozzile, Borgo a Buggiano and Monte Carlo, creating an interesting and fascinating area. Thanks to the railway stations of Pescia and Montecatini, and the easy access to the motorway via the exits of Montecatini Terme and Chiesina Uzzanese, major cities such as Florence or other cultural cities such as Lucca, Pisa, Siena, Vinci (the birthplace of Leonardo) and San Gimignano, as well as the fashionable beaches of Versilia and the marble quarries of Carrara, are within easy reach. Distances: Airports: - Firenze 57 km, Pisa 56 km, Bologna 145 km, Roma 370 km. Highway: - A11 Exit Chiesina Uzzanese or Montecatini Terme. Attractions within 100 km: - Collodi 8 km, Pistoia 29 km, Lucca 21 km, Firenze 59 km, Pisa 51 km, Versilia 53 km , Livorno 71 km, Siena (SS 429) 100 km, San Gimignano(ss429) 67 km , Forte dei Marmi 60 km, Carrara 80 km. Services and shops: - Santa Lucia 2 km. Beach: - Tyrrhenian Sea 53 km. Access road: - 1 km of uphill gravel road with elbow curves....moreless
12/22/2012 to 01/05/2013 Euro 4.000,00 01/05/2013 to 05/04/2013 Euro 2.608,00 05/04/2013 to 06/01/2013 Euro 3.800,00 06/01/2013 to 06/29/2013 Euro 4.075,00 06/29/2013 to 08/24/2013 Euro 5.053,00 08/24/2013 to 09/28/2013 Euro 4.075,00 09/28/2013 to 12/21/2013 Euro 2.608,00 12/21/2013 to 01/04/2014 Euro 4.075,00
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Firenze 57 km, Pisa 56 km, Bologna 145 km, Roma 37 at Uzzano
- Nearest Motorway: A11 Exit Chiesina Uzzanese or Montecatini Terme at Uzzano
- Nearest Beach: Tyrrhenian Sea at 53 Kilometres
Outdoor dining and property in the background
Outdoor private grounds
Bathroom with shower
Loft Living Area
Private pool with view
Kitchen and small dining area
Bathroom with shower
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013