Amazing Home Between Winter Park and Grand Lake. Hot Tub, Ski Resort Views!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tabernash cabin description
Centrally Located Between Winter Park, CO and Grand Lake, CO
It took us 9 years to find our cabin. We wanted a home that could sleep a large family or a couple of families comfortably but we wanted a cozy feel. The home has been remodeled and provides for a relaxing mountain retreat. The master bedroom is large with a king sized bed and an attached large 5 piece master bathroom with dual shower heads. The main floor houses the 'boys room' with a bunk bed (full over twin). The lower floor has two bedrooms, one with a queen bed and one with two twin beds. We also have a nice queen air mattress that can be placed where it's most convenient for you. We do have a high chair, a toddler bed, a pack n play and a baby monitor available upon prior request. The lower den is a kids' favorite as it houses video games, a large TV and opportunities to watch movies. The main living area is warm and cozy with the fireplace and a TV and also looks out to the Winter Park Ski Resort. The kitchen is fully furnished with many appliances, dishes, utensils, etc.. and there is a washer and dryer as well. We bought this property 1 year ago and furnished it with beautiful antiques as well as very nice new furnishings. It was a fun project!
We love that we are centrally located within all that Grand County has to offer.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 9-11
- King size beds (1) Master Bedroom, Queen size Beds (2) Queen bed in the lower bedroom plus a Queen air mattress to place where needed., Twin or Single Beds (2) 2 twin beds in the lower bedroom, Child Beds (1) A toddler bed can be available upon request., Baby Cribs (1) A Pack and Play can be available upon request, Bunk Beds (1) Top is a Full Bed
Bottom is a Twin
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Gas Fireplace
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
- Free Long Distance
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Fitness Center
- Whitewater Rafting
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Medical Services
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Welcome to 'Colorado's Playground'! Situated in the beautiful Grand County, Colorado our home is close to world class skiing in Winter Park and Mary Jane ski resorts, it is near the amazing Devil's Thumb Ranch Cross Country Ski Facility and the Pole Creek 27 hole golf course and centrally located between Winter Park and Grand Lake which provides water sports in the summer months. It took us 9 years to find our cabin. We wanted something that could sleep a large family or a couple of families but we wanted a cozy feel. The home has been remodeled and provides for a relaxing mountain retreat. The master bedroom is large with a king sized bed. The other bedrooms are cozy and spacious which allows for luggage storage. The lower den is a kids' favorite as it houses video games, a large TV and opportunities to watch movies on a cozy sectional. The main living area is warm and cozy with the fireplace and also looks out to the Winter Park Ski Resort ski runs. The kitchen is well furnished and there is a washer and dryer on site. We bought this property 1 year ago and furnished it with beautiful antiques as well as very nice new furnishings. It was a fun project! We love that we are centrally located within all that Grand County has to offer. Our 'cabin in the woods' is a spacious but cozy home located 20 minutes from the base of the Winter Park Ski Resort and 30 minutes from Grand Lake, CO. The home is located on over 1 1/2 acres of mountain land. The deck looks out to the ski resort and you can sit in the hot tub day or night and listen to music through the outdoor speakers. The stars are amazingly clear and it's peaceful. The home has 4 bedrooms and a queen air mattress. Our property is located 1 mile off of Highway 40 which leads to Winter Park, Hot Sulfer Springs if you'd like to enjoy natural hot springs, and Grand Lake/Rocky Mountain National Park where you can enjoy shopping, dining, boating, fishing, etc... Devil's Thumb Ranch which provides amazing Nordic Skiing is within 15 minutes. Large grocery stores are within 10 minutes of the home. Tubing anyone?? The famous Fraser Tubing hills is 15 minutes away as well as an amazing Rec Center that allows for indoor swimming and gym facilities. Winter Park now has a new Theatre/Bowling Alley (The Foundary) that is amazingly beautiful and fun! There are fine dining restaurants very close as well as all of the winter and summer mountain sports that you can participate in. Our family spends a lot of time in Grand County and we never run out of tun things to do. Every day is a day at the 'playground'...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We've been fortunate to visit the cabin a couple of times now. What a great place! Sipping coffee on the deck while overlooking the spectacular views of the valley and the ski resort is relaxing. The hot tub and the stars at night are a perfect way to end a day. You'll feel like you're at a home away from home with every amenity you could want or need. The home has 2 great decks, a large master suite, gourmet kitchen, hot tub and breath taking views. The master suite has a great bed that will make you want to sleep in no matter what the weather outside -- each bedroom has its own, cozy feel. Whether you're into skiing, fishing, hiking or just retreating with family or friends this is the perfect place.
- Guest Kevin & Sheila (Erie)
- Date of stay 10/19/12
- Review Submitted 10/21/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Thanks for an amazing experience!Guest comment entered by owner
Thanks for an amazing experience!
Wow! What an amazing weekend we enjoyed at this mountain home! The home has everything you could possibly need, and more! Our weekend was filled with two days of snowshoeing in the beautiful Colorado sunshine, a very short drive from the home. We also enjoyed a fabulous five star dinner at the Tabernash Tavern, a visitor MUST! A visit to Grand Lake is another must! Great shops, food, and more fun for the entire family. Spend your nights enjoying the hot tub on the deck as you admire the stars or falling snow. Thank you for sharing your "cabin" with us! My relatives from Texas are eagerly awaiting their stay at 303 Elkdale Drive since I have raved to them about all this property offers. Thanks again for a magnificent time!
- Guest Judi and Mike
- Date of stay 03/10/12
- Review Submitted 10/02/12
Summer: (April 16-November 15) $250 per night (2 night minimum) $1750 per week Early Winter: (Nov 16- Dec 18) $250 per night (2 night minimum) $1750 per week Holiday: (Dec 19-Jan 7) $500 per night (4 night minium) $3500 per week Ski Season: (Jan 8- April 15) 350 per night (2 night minimum) $2450 per week 50% of rental fee will be required at time of reservation. The remainder will be required 14 days prior to stay. $500 refundable deposit, $180 cleaning fee, & 3.9% tax on lodging will be added. Upon Mutual Agreement throughout the year. Feel free to make a request!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Denver International Airport at 95 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 40 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Tabernash Tavern at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Winter Park Ski Resort at 10 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Pole Creek Golf at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Tabernash Tavern at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Chris and Carolyn met 10 years ago while training for a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Upon marriage Carolyn became a step-mom to Meagan (19) and Connor (15). We received the blessing of our two youngest through adoption. Blake is 6 and Makayla is 4. We have learned quickly that our 'cabin' provides for the best quality family time. We wondered upon purchasing it if the kids would like it.....they all love it. The older ones wished we could have done this sooner..the younger ones never want to leave. We feel blessed that we can have a place to keep all of our stuff that makes it 'home' while we are there and also makes it easy to go to and from. We are happy to share that 'stuff' with you which allows for a home away from home for adults and kids as well. There are toys and games for all the family to enjoy. We take pride in our home and you will feel that when you stay. We continually update our property and it is very clean. With advance notice housekeeping is available during your stay if you choose.
Why the Owner Chose Tabernash:
When looking for a mountain home we wanted a property with charm..not a square box. After years of searching we found that in this amazing home. We love it's architecture and the layout. We recognize that the exterior does not have the 'cabin in the woods' look without the cedar siding but the inside definitely makes up for it. It's warm, cozy, unique and spacious. We love to stay in it too and thus have furnished it with our own personal touches that make anyone feel welcome and at home. All who have stayed at our home have raved about how comfortable and inviting it is.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The hot tub on the deck with the view of the Winter Park Ski resort is a plus! We have a Sonos radio system that streams music thorough out the house and also on the deck. Our bedding is all new and very cozy (Pottery Barn). Our kitchen is fully furnished with more that one would want. We have hosted Christmas for up to 16 and had plenty of dishes, cookware, etc. We have plenty of storage for luggage, etc...so they can be stored away without blocking walkways, rooms, etc.. The location is awesome being centrally located between Winter Park, CO and Grand Lake, CO. We love having the land of 1 1/2 acres. Our kids can play outside while we cook, entertain, etc...On warmer days they can even play on the play set in the yard!
- Primary: 303-868-0512
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful remodeled kitchen!
Large dining room. Hutch serves as a bar.
TV in Master Bedroom
Dual Shower heads.
Main floor bathroom with a tub/shower.
Living room with fireplace and a view of the ski resort.
Our Den is comfortably furnished. Large TV with netflix, Wii, and a DVD player.
Downstairs bedroom with beautiful and cozy bedding.
Fall photo of the cabin.
Winter Park Ski Resort view from the living room, and the deck with the hot tub!
Lovely remodeled kitchen. Furnished with all any cook could want.
Master bedroom with Pottery Barn bedding. Two large walk in closets.
Master Bathroom with jetted tub and two shower heads.
Main floor bunk beds. Closets have toys for kids to play with too.
Eat in Nook. Table can expand.
Cozy fire place!
Downstairs bathroom definitely provides a "cabin" feel.
Downstairs bedroom with flannel bedding to stay cozy and warm.
Welcome to the Cabin!
Hot Tub! Enjoy peace and quiet or have music stream through the outdoor speaker
Play set and yard for kids.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, September 23, 2013
4 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.