One of a Kind Cabin Located Within Grand Teton National Park
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Our cabin has a spectacular location, directly in front of the Grand Teton peaks. A rare National Park in-holding, the cabin is on the border of Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest, looking out over the Park and offering superb hiking out the back door.
The cabin is located on Shadow Mountain, so named because the Grand Teton casts its shadow on this exact spot when the sun sets behind the mountains. This is the place for viewing gorgeous mountain sunsets, each one unlike any other, with rays of light beaming off the peaks for just a few moments before the starlit evening descends.
The cabin is set in a 1-acre open meadow filled with wildflowers in the summer. It is away from other homes, but it doesn’t feel remote. It is a quick 10-minute drive – or a lovely bike ride – down to the National Park entrance and Dornan’s grocery store, restaurants and legendary wine shop. There is a warm springs nearby where children chase tiny minnows with their nets while their parents practice kayak rolls. Herds of bisonand antelope roam on the flats below the cabin. It is a 25-minute drive to the town of Jackson, where there is much to explore and enjoy. It is about a one-hour leisurely drive to the south entrance of Yellowstone National Park, where we recommend you plan to spend the night to allow enough time to explore the world’s first national park.
Our cabin is a restful and refreshing oasis set in “America’s Serengeti”. Families often come back to the cabin year after year, making it their second home in the Tetons.
What We Offer
• A simple, comfortable cedar log cabin with a master bedroom, a small bunk-bed room, a comfortable living room/dining room/kitchen area and a small bath with tub and shower
• Sleeps 6, including the fold-out couch in the living room
• 100% homelike atmosphere, not at all a hotel room or rental condo. A family retreat and favorite-place-in-the-world ambiance
• delicious well water, probably best-tasting water on the planet
• outside deck and outside picnic area with BBQ grill
• piano and keyboards, lots of good books, fireplace and firewood
What We Don’t Offer
• TV or reliable cell phone service (smart phones seem to work fine and there is a land line)
• Luxury accommodations. This is a small, simple cabin, 100% comfortable, but nothing fancy.
• Foolproof Internet service (we subscribe, but it’s slow)
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Convertible bed(s)
- 1.0 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Piano and two keyboards, lots of good books.
- Dialup Access
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
Jackson Hole is the gateway to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park, with wildlife viewing, fishing, hiking, mountaineering, biking, kayaking and the enjoyment of great natural beauty. The town of Jackson offers Western fun, great dining and shopping, art galleries and performances, entertainment for children. Jackson is an example of a community dedicated to conservation -- and there's lots to learn about what's being done to assure the future will be as good or better than the present....morecollapse
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
May 16 - Oct 14
2 night min stay
Oct 16 - Nov 30
2 night min stay
Apr 15 - May 14
2 night min stay
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
- Nearest Airport: Jackson Hole Airport at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Wyoming State Highway 89/26 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Dornan's at 7 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort at 15 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis at 12 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Dornan's at 7 Miles
About the owner: This has been our family retreat since we built the cabin almost 40 years ago. The 4th generation is now in the process of falling in love with the cabin and the Tetons. The contact person has lived in Jackson for more than 20 years and is happy to provide any assistance, including local tips.
Why the Owner Chose Kelly:
Our family came to Jackson every summer to climb in the mountains. Father (grandfather, great-grandfather) was an avid mountaineer. We were very fortunate to be in Jackson when this unique parcel became available: an old-time ranching family decided to sell a few acres at the edge of the National Park. A handful of parcels were snapped up in a matter of days -- including our purchase! -- and the Park bought the rest.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The first dramatic feature you'll notice about our cabin is the views of the valley floor and of the Grand Tetons directly in front of you. The next thing you'll notice is the quiet. And the next thing you'll notice is a feeling of peace and delight. Works for everyone, all ages.
- Primary: +1 307-733-3082
- Secondary: +1 307-413-5847
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of the Teton Range from near the picnic table. (Photo by Daryl Gibson)
Front door, walking in from parking area
Deck for morning coffee or afternoon reading in the shade
Living room, front door
Dining area and piano, also in the living room. Table opens to seat six.
Prairie smoke in bloom, summer meadow is full of wildflowers.
Cabin view from the picnic table
Picnic table, fire pit and view of the Tetons
Living room front window and book shelf
Living room, fold-out couch and wood stove.
Fully-equipped kitchen area, with two-burner stove and small convection oven.
Bath with shower and tub
Outside the door.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 26, 2013