Beautiful Log Home on Whitefish Lake
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Whitefish Lake lodge description
This is a dream home for your family and friends to enjoy on their vacation. Situated right on Whitefish Lake with a dock and a commanding view from the boathouse roof patio, it is hard to beat. It is a log home constructed by nationally recognized contractor Tom LaChance. This home has been featured in both Log Home Living and Cowboy magazine. It has all of the charm and coziness of a log 'cabin' but has the dramatic component of floor to vaulted ceiling windows, three levels of decks, lovely terraced garden of native rock, not to mention a beautiful river rock wood-burning fireplace. Whole log furniture make nights by the firelight very special. People will be calling dibs on the ample window seat for afternoon naps.
It is located on the sunny side of the lake where both sunrises and sunsets are enjoyed. The small round pebbled beach has a 'grandfathered' boathouse...a very coveted and rare thing. There is a gang plank from the stone steps to the roof of the boathouse. The view is awe-inspiring.
Majestic ponderosas frame the home perfectly. The lake colors, reflected light and the perfect composition of these trees cause one to constantly be reaching for their cameras. Did I mention spotting scope? It is a special place for bird watching. Loons, hummingbirds. evening grosbecks, pileated woodpeckers, bald eagles are common sights in season.
The upper deck is an extension of your living space with a propane barbecue and 'cabin' seating consisting of willow and Adorondeck. The deck and grounds are irrigated so in summer there are always gorgeous flowers in pots, hanging baskets and in the terraced rock garden.
On the middle deck is an appealing porch swing ready for rocking your sweetheart or grandchildren. Also, on this level is the brand new hot tub which sits four. It is privately tucked in against a rock wall but the lake and sky view are lovely. Access to the tub is right by the back door which takes you to a large bath complete with a steam shower. The mudroom is right there to hang the wet bathing suits or dry the ski clothes.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Limited Accessibility:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
Location & View
The view directly across the lake is of Beaver Lake hills. Looking north, the view is of the Swift Creek meadows and the hills leading up to the Whitefish Mountains. The view looking south is of the whole lake. Beyond that are glimpses of the Columbia Mountain, gateway to Glacier National Park...moreless
Located right on the water's edge with 75' of small pebble beach. The deep lake bottom allows for easy docking of boats. The extraordinary quality of the lake water makes for great water activities. ...moreless
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Paddle Boating
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- This log home is extraordinarily beautiful and comfortable. The pictures speak a thousand words. It is located on the east side of the Whitefish Lake. Majestic ponderosas frame the view of the lake and distant mountains. There are three levels of decks. In addition, the view and peace can be experienced from the rooftop deck of the boathouse. There is a hot tub privately positioned on the second deck but open to the view and sky. The grounds are beautifully kept with terraces of flowers and aspens. With two stories of windows and patios doors off of the great room the views and light off of the water are always with you. There is a river rock fireplace with over-sized log furniture nestled around it. A window seat beckons for an afternoon nap. The dining room table is made of massive timbers with eight old hickory chairs that create a setting for great meals and conversation. The kitchen is charming and complete. The exposed logs and Butcher block counter make it a pleasure to be in. On the main level is a bedroom with two twin beds and a 4 piece bath. The loft bedroom has a balcony that extends out over the great room with the unobstructed view out to the lake. French doors can close off the world below. The 4 piece ensuite has a vintage cast iron claw foot tub adored with hand-painted wildflowers....the view from the tub is so amazing. The lower level has a room with two bunk beds....and the view of the lake. The entertainment room has a large screen t.v. with two great lazy boys and a very comfortable sofa bed. There is a great wood burning stove. The 4 piece bath has a stream shower. Complete mud room with washer/dryer. On the lower deck is a porch swing. The upper deck has a large barbecue. Willow and adirondack chairs make the grouping perfect. There is parking for four cars. For winter renters, all wheel drive vehicles are recommended. The picturesque and nationally recognized ski hill is only 15 minutes away! Snow mobile trails are only 2 miles away. When the lake freezes, the cross country skiing, skating and ice fishing is just waiting outside the door. The town of Whitefish has charming shops and a great variety of restaurants. Cultural opportunities are out-standing with the fine art galleries and live theater. And, of course, Glacier National Park is on the doorstep. Several outstanding golf courses are close-by. Please no smoking. Please no cats. A dog with conditions....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful vacation on Whitefish lake - beautiful log cabin, amazing views
Wonderful vacation on Whitefish lake - beautiful log cabin, amazing views
We had a wonderful and relaxing vacation in this beautiful and immaculately kept log cabin. The views from the decks, master bedroom, dining room and living room are incredible at any time of day. We loved kayaking especially in the morning when the lake is calmest. The dock is deep and was perfect for our boat - it was handy having our boat ready to use whenever we desired. We enjoyed taking our boat out for water sports and at some point during the day stopping at Whitefish Lake Lodge for a light lunch in their casual outdoor restaurants. Evenings, we took advantage of the hot tub or relaxed on the porch swing with a glass of wine. This end of the lake is especially peaceful and the weather was idyllic if you like hot days and cool nights! The town of Whitefish is a short distance away and we especially enjoy Montana Coffee Traders and Tupelo Grill. We hope we can repeat this vacation.
- Guest Alberta Girl (Alberta, Canada)
- Date of stay 07/23/13
- Review Submitted 08/08/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
lovely chalet on beautiful lake
lovely chalet on beautiful lake
We spent four days at this cabin on the lake with our friends from Switzerland after a week of hiking in the National Glacier Park. The setting is fantastic and the lake is gorgeous with its clear, green waters not too cold for swimming (at least for us). We swam, paddled, waterskiied, sunbathed, and hiked in close proximity of the house. Like other guests have described, we did not eat out at all; we just loved staying at home, grilling on the deck and cooking at home. The kitchen is unbelievable; better utensils and glassware than in my own home. There is nothing that you will not find for gourmet cooking. Overall, the house is gorgeous, very stylish and nicely furnished. It does not seem like a rental, based on the quality of the furniture, linen, kitchen ware. The views are superb. Our kids loved the hot tub and being on the water. There are really no negatives. We wish we owned such a beautiful home and would not change a thing about it.
- Guest Daniela (Indiana)
- Date of stay 07/11/13
- Review Submitted 08/04/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
We spent four wonderful days in your amazing home! We were so excited to see in real life what we had anticipated from the great photos you provided. The photos are a terrific indication of what your home is like however they do not do justice to the magnificent views of the lake and tranquility of the peaceful surroundings. We very much appreciated all the amenities - especially the fireplace, hot tub and the steam shower after a great day of skiing and snow shoeing (best snow shoeing trail ever). Your detailed notebook was very helpful in allowing us to make ourselves feel at home. We chose to eat most of our meals at your home even though the Whitefish area is well known for its fine dining. We loved the ease at which your home allowed us to "do as we would do at home". Thank you for your graciousness and hospitality. We would love to come back and test the summer waters.
- Guest Darrell (Lethbridge, AB, Canada)
- Date of stay 12/31/12
- Review Submitted 01/22/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Best Family Ski Vacation Ever!!
Best Family Ski Vacation Ever!!
My family and I really struggled to write this review. In my daughters own words "no! don't tell anyone else how awesome this place is, we want to keep it to ourselves !!!" The house is almost indescribable at how amazing it is. It is spacious yet cozy and the pictures don't even come close to showing how beautiful the property is. We didn't even ski one day inspite of the fantastic powder conditions so we could spend time at this amazing property. When we did ski we couldn't wait to come back, light a fire in the massive fireplace, have a glass of wine and hit the hot tub with a beautiful view of the lake. The house is fully stocked with everything and more then you will need for a fantastic vacation. Susan herself was great to deal with and readily available for any questions. I highly recommend this place for all seasons. Thank you Susan, we will be talking about our vacation at your house for years to come! Can't wait to return as it really felt like home while we were there.
- Guest Bossy (Calgary)
- Date of stay 12/26/12
- Review Submitted 01/06/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
For a stay of seven nights or less, the rate is 450/night.
For a stay of seven nights or more, a discount may be discussed .
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Glacier International Airport at 15 Miles
- Nearest Train: AMTRAK, Whitefish, MT at 7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 93, Whitefish, MT at 7 Miles
- Nearest Beach: This is a lake front property at Whitefish Lake
- Nearest Barpub: The Boat Club, Lodge At Whitefish Lake at 6 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Whitefish Ski Resort at 6.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Whitefish Golf Club at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Haskill Station at 5.5 Miles
Three levels of decks affords amazing views. Hot tub on lower.
Looking up at the home from the lake shore.
You could be sitting in this chair atop the boathouse looking at the panoramic
The view of the dock looking from the upper deck. Use of the canoe is included.
Looking into the great room from the kitchen.
The view from the river rock fireplace. So serene.
The view from the balcony off of the master suite.
The main floor bedroom. Beautiful exposed logs.
What a way to spend an afternoon!
View from the front door looking out to the large deck.
View from the top of Big Mt. ski resort. The peaks of Glacier Nalt. Park. WOW
View from the loft master bath. A winter's evening at New Year's
a gorgeous log home framed by ponderosas
The view from the dock looking south.
Pebble beach. great sunbathing. Deep water dock. Swimmer's ladder
Afternoon light flooding the great room.
Eight hickory chairs surround this massive dining room table.. a gathering place
The kitchen. So inviting and cheerful.
The vaulted ceiling of the master bedroom.
The kids / adults will love the 'bunkhouse' located on lower level.
Entertainment seating..lazy boys. Large screen T.V.
Happy times during clean-up.
Charming downtown Whitefish at Christmas time. Ski hill framed.
The 'famous' hand-painted vintage claw foot tub with a view!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 30, 2013