You'll Love Robert Frost Mountain Cabins Near Middlebury, Vt
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Middlebury cabin description
Robert Frost Mountain Cabins offer new, spacious, artisan-crafted, fully-furnished, timber frame cabins with spectacular views overlooking the Green Mountains. Each cabin has 2 bedrooms, full bath, fully equipped kitchen, living / dining room, Swedish reading nook, gas fireplaces, wireless internet and panoramic views. Positioned on the Eastern slopes of Robert Frost Mountain and nestled on 112 acres bordering the Green Mountain National Forest, our charming cabins include all of the contemporary comforts and are conveniently located near Middlebury and a short distance from Middlebury College’s Main and Bread Loaf Campuses. We offer year round short term or extended stay lodging. Our unique, stand-alone, private cabins are perfect for individuals, families or couples desiring a romantic Vermont getaway.
- 650 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fly Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Robert Frost Mountain Cabins offers the best of both worlds. When you stay with us you’ll be tucked away in the small, quiet town of Ripton but within short drives to local attractions, events, recreation and dining. Attractions - Vermont Folklife Center - Preserving and presenting the cultural traditions of Vermont and the surrounding region - Robert Frost Cabin Lincoln Peak Vineyards – Tours, wine tasting, and events. - UVM Morgan Horse Farm - Dedicated to the preservation and improvement of the Morgan Horse through breeding and selection. - Middlebury College Museum of Art – Displaying thousands of objects ranging from antiquities to contemporary art. - Ripton Country Store (c.1890) – A historical and operating country store and post office. Selling staples, Vermont products, and souvenirs. - Otter Creek Brewing – Self-guided tours, samples, and gift shop - Danforth Pewter Workshop and Store – Offering one-of-a-kind pieces, a history wall with antique Danforth pieces, and viewing windows into the workshop. - Vermont Soap Discount Factory Outlet and Soap Museum – Organic soaps - Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History – The oldest chartered community history museum in the United States. - New England Maple Museum – Exhibits, tours, tastings, and gifts Recreation - Numerous hiking, snowshoeing, and cross-country trails. Here’s a sampling. Contact us for more info. • Robert Frost Interpretative Trail – A trail winding through the forest, where selections from Frost's verse are posted at regular intervals. • Texas Falls hike – Easy trail and classic waterfall. • Mount Abraham hike - Famous for its 360-degree panorama. • Moosalamoo National Recreation Area - Hiking, mountain biking, fishing, canoeing, and snowshoeing. Watch this video for more info. - Downhill skiing at Middlebury College Snowbowl (affiliated with Rikert Ski Touring Center - or Mad River Glenn - Mountain biking, downhill skiing, and zipline at Sugarbush Resort - Cross-country skiing at Rikert Nordic Center - Fly Fishing in the Middlebury River - Golfing at Ralph Myhre Golf Course Neshobe Golf Club , or Basin Harbor Club - Harvest wild blueberries at Goshen’s 30-acre Blueberry Management Area - Bristol Falls swimming hole - And so, so much more ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My husband and I visited this area for the first time as a combination anniversary / bucket list adventure, including hiking in the Adirondacks and a fresh Maine lobster at Chauncey's. He was the blessed one who actually found this little gem in the mountains. From the time we booked the cabin to the moment we left, the owners were unimaginably kind, accommodating and hospitable. The cabins are fairly new (some brand new), equipped with all that you'll need. The environment is homey (right down to the campfire, complete with hot chocolate and two overly friendly pooches), and the accommodations are handcrafted, unique and impressive. We were the only guests for the majority of the week and so it was extraordinarily quiet and relaxing. The sunrise and double rainbows over the mountain backdrop were absolutely breathtaking. The bonus was the early morning visit by a red fox. We’ve already told several family and friends about this amazing find! If you're looking to slow down, relax and enjoy the mountains, this is your place. We're already talking about how soon we can return! Thank you for the memories!
- Guest Deitra (Illinois)
- Date of stay 05/27/13
- Review Submitted 06/26/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Owner response: So glad that you were able to experience some of the simple enjoys that are available on our property - including an occasional visit from wildlife and the sun rising over the mountains. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Beautiful new cabins - warm welcome - great setting
Beautiful new cabins - warm welcome - great setting
We drove up to Vermont in the middle of a snowstorm, so we arrived extremely late at night after a very slow drive. As we finally pulled into the driveway we were stunned to be met by Marty, the owner who had been waiting for us and helped us unload and gave us banana bread and hot chocolate. Huge relief. The cabins are new, immaculate, and well equipped. The boys from both cabins built a luge run down the hill and borrowed sleds from the owners, while we tried their snow shoes. There is a great common area in the main barn with exercise machines which went unused - we were exhausted from the drive and skiing at Middlebury Bowl. While the cabins are deep in the woods, they are quite close to Middlebury which is a real town with all the facilities you would expect. Very weird - like turning left from a road in the woods and suddenly finding yourself in the Downtown Boston! Highly recommend the cabins - especially if you have a family and want to cook, hang out, and not worry about disturbing other people. BTW - the owners were kind enough to do some grocery shopping for us - that was huge. (I ticked Romantic Getaway even though that was hardly the way our holiday went - too many kids! But I can vaguely remember those sorts of weekends and this would fit the bill).
- Guest Boston1776 (Boston)
- Date of stay 12/28/12
- Review Submitted 01/02/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, pet owners, families with teenagers, families with young children.
Excellent family get-away
Excellent family get-away
We came for a short get-away with our 3 children (13, 10 and 1 1/2) and spent 3 wonderful days at the Robert Frost cabins. We arrived in the middle of a blizzard and Marty and Carol's welcome was heart warming. They were very helpful and did everything to make our stay enjoyable. The cabin was very tastefully decorated, cosy and warm, very clean, great shower. We were able to cook (oven + gas) and spend some relaxing time watching DVDs from Marty and Carol's collection. The Wi-Fi is definitely a plus. The setting is beautiful and we enjoyed several walks on the property, with the dogs! Marty and Carol also lent us some sleds and snow shoes, to the great enjoyment of the family. The location is quite remote and very quiet and peaceful. There is a small downhill ski resort nearby, quite fun with the powder, a Nordic ski center, and the town of Middlebury is not far- cannot comment too much on the town as we only visited the supermarket (good-sized) and had a quick tour with our car. Would definitely recommend the cabins to friends and relatives, both with and without children.
- Guest Marielle and David (Boston, MA)
- Date of stay 12/27/12
- Review Submitted 01/01/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, pet owners, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing, girls getaway.
Owner response: It was a pleasure to have you, David and your kids stay with us. We hope to see you again next winter or to have the opportunity to share the Green Mountain beauty with you in another season.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
4 season rental. Contact us for availability.
Standard nightly rates range from $159 - $179 for double occupancy.
$10/night for each additional guest.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Burlington International Airport at 37 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Lake Champlain Ferry at 35 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak at 35 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 125 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lake Dunmore at 10 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Waybury Pub at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Middlebury College Snow Bowl at 9 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Ralph Myhre Golf Course at 11 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Waybury Inn at 5 Miles
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, October 26, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.