Hillside Oasis Retreat-- Million $ Views-Acre of Greenery
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Cahuilla Hills house description
SEE NEW HOME VIDEO SHOWN JUST ABOVE PHOTO SECTION BELOW: An exquisite stay is yours to experience in an exclusive south Palm Springs hillside gated home on a private road. You will enjoy and be inspired with spectular views of the desert valley and mountains with a pararoma of the desert cities and surrounding mountains and in the evening a star gazers delight from the San Jaciento Mountains to the Salton Sea. One of Palm Springs 'BEST of the BEST' vacation retreats CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN -4 minutes yet totally away from the tourist crowds and neighbors, quiet with lots of solitude. Enjoy the privacy of this comfortable, airy, sunny, bright and colorful 2,400 sq ft home with a semi-open floor plan layout with rooms offering scenic views thru floor to ceiling windows running 160 feet (automatic window awnings for sun shade) that offer a seamless transistion from inside to beautiful outside blue sky and blended greenry/rock landscape. The easy floor plan with all sliding doors, dining and living room with fireplace, two master bedrooms sleeps 4 (one bedroom with fireplace with separate marble bath next to patio/pool area, 2nd bedroom with sitting area, two closets, bathroom and seperate patio, modern kitchen with indoor and outdoor barbacue. Every window in the home (except 1) is floor to ceiling to take advantage of the homes natural hillside setting. Colorful interiors created by professional designer and colorist, Professional landscaping with hillside of greenery/rockscape. All designed for privacy, healtful and colorful living and landscaped environment, open space, outstanding views offer scenic tranquility all for casual family lifestype and entertaining with no neighbors on same hillside home level. Here you can enjoy within 4 to 30 minutes a multitude of entertainment, sports, casino, restaurant, community and social activities, walking/hiking, the Palm Springs Tram, desert wildlife and park, Indian Canyons, Taquitz Falls, and a golfers paradise of over 100 courses. This home is a photogenic prize for photographers, wildlife watchers and for the more active you will find outside our front door walking/hiking trails, so bring your camera and binoculars, walking/hiking footwear, books or your kindle or nook, ipad or laptop for wireless communications and we have room to room stereo, 4 TV's including DVR-DVD and yoga/ meditation pads.
- 2400 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome:
- Senior Adults Only Community:
- Smoking Allowed:
- Pets Considered:
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
All gas appliance with two ovens (incl Warming), subzero ref., two barbecues(Kitchen and outside), extendable appliance cabinet, coffee brewer incl 1 cup. & Instant hot water. Kintchen pantry...moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Catering Available
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- An away from it all Hillside Oasis Retreat, quiet, solitude, privacy, greenery landscape/rockscape surroundings, immediate hillside/mountain location with fablous views/nightime star gazing where you can enjoy nature, views , privacy, walk, hike, bike the quiet neighborhood, hill and mountainside and enjoy the desert surrounding within minutes to the city life and multiple surrounding activities. ...moreless
- Wireless Internet:
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Heated Pool
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- One of a kind contemporary designed Home dramatically perched on one of Palm Springs top hillside private Drive locations. This Hillside Oasis Retreat is a rare find, a unique home and location, secluded and nestled on the top home of Cahuilla Hills Drive. The retreat offers gorgeous Mountain and Valley views with an abundance of multiple choice activities in the area of entertainment, sport, community and social activities seldom found in a vacation retreat. Enjoy Palm Springs known for its worldwide reputation for ideal warm fall, winter and spring climate all the while enjoying the privacy and seclusion of a Hillside retreat in prestigious Caluilla Hills - a unique sophisticated master craftsman designer built home offering a zen heaven with lots of solitude and privacy even with an open floor plan and floor to ceiling 9 ft windows where you can enjoy views from inside and out, gazing across the pool/spa, waterfall and marvelous panorama of the valley and mountains with more activities available than most peoples schedule allows - shopping, stargazing, restaurants, museum, theatres including IMAX, casinos, library, golfing, tennis, horseback riding, cycling, trail biking, walking and hiking trails next to house, nearby mountain aerial rotating tram offering mountain climbing, hiking with a winter snow playground, Knots Water park. Desert Animal park, etc. When you arrive at our Cahuilla Hillside Oasis retreat you step into another world of quiet solitude, bathed by an acre of greenery/rockscape, airy, light and a tastefully colorful interior, inside/outside living blended with the outside patio, pool, waterfall, stream and an automatic awning system to enjoy shaded or sunny poolside leisure and views, views and views, all in privacy. This custom built estate is located just 4 minutes from downtown Palm Springs, 8 minutes to the Palm Springs Airport and 15 minutes for the I-10 freeway. With 2 spacious bedrooms opening to the outside patio areas, this 2400 Sq ft residence is situated on a hillside near acre parcel on a one of a kind hillside perch providing all the modern amenities, comforts and appointments needed for a calm and restful get away. Views of the San Jacinto Mountains and surrounding mountains to the north, east, south and the desert valley below provide a sense of openness and geographic wonder. When you enter the residence central living area the semi-open floor plan with 9ft windows and sliding doors open to the patio, pool, jacuzzi, stream, waterfall feature and valley/mountain views will calm your nerves and provide a continuing sense of openness that merge indoor and outdoor living with 150 feet of floor to ceiling 9ft windows. The living room sofa, rotating sofa chairs, fireplace, large LCD-TV, stereo sound system completes your entrance. A dining room with a mirror buffet closet offers full outside views facing in east or west direction seats up to six people next to the living room. The fully loaded kitchen includes a Subzero refrigerator, all gas appliances and grill. oven and warming oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffeemaker(one cup or multiple), cooking utensils and two center counter(all ceramic tile). The Master bedroom provides both east and west views of the pool deck, valley and mountains with a full mirror wall and offers a large king bed, gas fireplace, lounge chair, TV, and mirror dresser cabinets for storage needs. The master marble bath has dual marble sinks with a marble tub, shower and large skylight. An additional master bedroom that can be shut off from the living area contains a marble bathroom with skylight off of the bedroom with a seating area with couch and chair, game table, two closets(one with a desk/computer) and opens to a side patio. The private backyard with magnificent valley/mountain views and north/south landscape/rockscape contains a free form pool, rockscape waterfall, jacuzzi, stream with a house overhang(8ft) and automatic extendable awnings(sun-wind sensor driven) providing an additional 10 feet of shade when desired. Great for taking a rest from the sun and a paradise for swimming, skinny dipping or nude bathing. In addition the east back yard hillside provides a trail to a rockscape/tree seating area that leads below to walking or jogging along Cahuilla Hills Private Drive. Directy outside the front entrance you will find an immediate walking, jogging, bicycling & hiking trail(Lyken) that lead up the San Jacinto Mountain & south to the Indian Canyons or North to the Taquitz canyon waterfalls and the Aerial Tram. An additional plus for nature lovers and photo enthusiasts, the home offers ample observation and photoshoot opportunities for bird and wildlife in the area (lizzards/chuckwalla's, quail, doves, rabbits, hawks, desert birdlife including road runners, owls, bees, hummingbirds, mountain goats, bobcats, and fox). Here you can enjoy an ambiance not found in 99% of desert vacation rentals. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A 5 Star diamond rated home and location.
A 5 Star diamond rated home and location.
"A 5 Star diamond rated home and location in the most delightful and comfortable stay at the Cahuilla Hillside Oasis Retreat this past week. Truly the description of the home and location by the owner is most apt and best describes our experience - it was a most enjoyable stay. Very quiet, lots of privacy and solitude and the seamless transistion of the homes feelings with the outside surrounding, with the many large floor to ceiling windows to the outside sweeping views of the surrounding acreage and scenic desert valley and mountains can rarely be found elsewhere. Large heated pool/Jacuzzi and the fireplaces during the winter was a plus along with the TV's in each room and the surrounding walking areas and local mountain trails.
- Guest Sunglass Man (California)
- Date of stay 02/15/13
- Review Submitted 03/04/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, girls getaway, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Beautiful home and wonderful location!
Beautiful home and wonderful location!
My husband and I have rented a few guest type homes over the last few years. This one was far the best! The location, the design of the home etc. We felt very relaxed and energized all at the same time! Would stay there again! Best parts of our stay: 1) we were able to walk out the back door and hike on the awesome trails on the surrounding mountain. 2) we had a breathtaking view of the whole valley. 3) the bed was very comfortable which seems to always be an issue for my husband but wasn't on this trip! I desperately searched and found the tag on the master bedroom pillow so I could purchase one as it was so comfortable! 4) the owner greets you with the keys and makes you feel very welcome! 5) dinner and shopping in the town was just down the road and around the bend. 6) the pool and jacuzzi were amazing. 7) the neighbors lemon tree down the hill was pretty interesting...and the flowers and plants around the house. 8) the kitchen had everything you need and more! 9) the whole side of the house had windows from the floor to ceiling that opened up to a breathtaking view! 10) we loved all the privacy we had.... we needed to connect and re-energize and I'm happy to say we were successful!!!
- Guest Vegas Gal (Las Vegas)
- Date of stay 04/19/13
- Review Submitted 08/19/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers.
Great location I was referred by a friend, Location you cannot find in North Palm Springs gated home located on hillside secluded with natural landscapes. For our family we enjoyed the very open environment that seamlessly flows to the poolside tranquil peace of the desert. Close to downtown palms spring and surrounding desert areas. This is a must stay great location for a couple. House has a grounds keeper in separate dwelling giving you peace of mind during your stay; management was attentive and made sure residence was ready in spotless condition upon our arrival. Additional amenities we enjoyed access within feet to trails for walking and hiking, very private, we were welcomed by the owner upon arrival that provided tour of the home and property, and the pool area is amazing and views that are breathtaking. Give yourself and family a treat and stay once you will make it a destination to return year after year we are.
- Guest madind (Newport Beach)
- Date of stay 06/18/13
- Review Submitted 07/19/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, adventure seekers.
Palm Springs rental
Palm Springs rental
The house could have been in better condition. The pool had algae on the bottom, the furniture was run down, outside lights stayed on all night--and part of the bedroom blind was missing-so light came in. It would have been nice to know that there was a care takers house on the property. The house was in a beautiful location.
- Guest john p.
- Date of stay 04/14/13
- Review Submitted 05/09/13
Manager response: It is unfortunate that the renters concerns that "developed during their weeks stay" were not reported during their rental as they would have been *promptly and easily corrected within hours. Our pre-check-in check list that involves a "49 point cleaning/maintenance list" would result in promptly correcting the conditions reported had they existed in advance of check-in. Additionally. our renters/owner "20 minute personal home orientation walk through" would have discovered these items for prompt correction should they have existed. OUR HOSPITALITY AIM AT THE HILLSIDE OASIS RETREAT IS TO PROVIDE A - relaxing, comfortable, clean, sunny, colorful and pleasurable quality stay that involves a seamless private inside/outside living area including immediate access to the patio/pool/Jacuzzi with spectacular views meshed with a unique colorful hillside environment of greenery/rockscape on a private gated road offering serenity and quietness -amenities seldom found in Palm Springs and surrounding desert vacation rentals. *Renters of our Acre Hillside Vacation Retreat are also FORTUNATE TO HAVE AVAILABLE PROMPT SERVICE WHEN NEEDED(maintenance, repairs, etc within 5 minutes to an hour) should a need, problem, or question arise as we have available an "out of the way" care takers Casita" -IF THE RENTER CHOOSES TO UTILIZE IT FOR ANY NEED OR ASSISTANCE". Our cleaning/maintenance pre check-in specifically requires excellent pool/Jacuzzi conditions, operative full coverage window blind/awnings and lighting that will -- remain operative -- as long as renters do not tamper with them, i.e. remove a pool chlorinator float that was removed, not replaced and not reported, etc. During this check-in we were asked repeatedly where the awings/blinds, outside light controls were located and we would have been most happy to provide additional help later in providing additional assistance if requested. Unfortunately, if a condition or problem develops during a renters stay and is unreported, it is impossible for any owner to respond and correct the condition even though we would like to correct it and are able to do so promptly so renters may enjoy a quality trouble free stay.
Not as advertised
Not as advertised
The Good - excellent location and great views. The Bad - in need of repairs - dripping taps, chipped paint, rusting fridge, dirty furniture with holes from what appeared to be cigarettes. Requested meter readings and calculations for utility charges and they were not provided. I completed readings on arrival and departure as well as contacting the utility company for their rates; was overcharged according to my calculations. The UGLY - rodent droppings in the cupboards, septic tank back-up on 5 separate occasions (1/4 of our entire stay) during a 30 day stay. Was requested not to use water. We were refunded $320.00 inconvenience fee! Pictures were taken to show the condition of the property, rodent droppings, rusting fridge, soiled furniture, septic tank back-up, however, am not able to post with the review. This was my 5th property stay in Palm Springs and the only time I had issues that detracted from the enjoyment of being in Palm Springs.
- Guest PSlover (Vancouver, BC)
- Date of stay 02/19/13
- Review Submitted 04/25/13
Manager response: Renters review conditions are not 'as stated' but review provides a 5 star consensus of reviews to date. We most appreciate our renters comments whether the reviews are positive or otherwise. We particlarily appreciate working with VRBO as renters comments provide a valuable tool for both renters and owners -be they positve, accurate or inaccurate, critical or blown out of proportion -- so that future renters have an opportunity to also view an owners perspective. As owner of the Palm Springs Hillside Oasis Retreat we have established onsite oversight of our acre Hillside Oasis from a seperate 'out of the way' guest House so that renters if desired can easily communicate with us. As a result we are often advised of renters interest, places they wish to visit, complaints and the enjoyment of their stay, i.e. personal onsite assistance that most vacation rentals are unable to offer. Renters during "check-in' receive a 30 minute Retreat orientation and are asked to notify us should any problems or unsatisfactory condition arise. During this monthly rental the renter & owner frequently visited. Specifically, during his stay we received only 1 complaint 'rather than' the numerous ones cited at a much later date after checkout and after he received what 'he describes as a disappointing utility refund' provided in accordance with the rental agreement. The one complaint (a septic stoppage) was unfortunately the result of a renter or guest throwing bulky materials on several occassions in the toilet. It was promptly corrected within 5 hours requiring 3 successive repair crew visits to correct. Two(2) full bathrooms(toilet & bath facilities) were available daily. In a check of our 49 point pre-rental 'check in' list, and of the immediate prior renter & the following back to back renter, none of this renters conditions were reported during their stay & are in contrast to their 5 star reviews & one has already returned for a follow-up rental. Our manditory cleaning eliminates soiled furniture & no moking rule avoids cigarette burns. A note of interest for future renters is this renters expression made during his stay that coincides with other renters - excellent location ,views & the enjoyment of using the Retreats special free flow inside/outside ambiance allowing extensive use of the patio/pool/jacuzzi - for many poolside Manhattan hours, snacks and dinners & eating out only once - all coinciding with previous 5 star recommendations
ps hillside: diamond in the rough
ps hillside: diamond in the rough
my wife, two young kids and nanny just finished our stay at Bill's place in south ps and had a wonderful time. the house is a large 2 bdrm / 2bath located in a private hillside setting. some may take issue with the 70's/80's interior decor (which was top end for its time but is now in need of some TLC and updating) but the general serviceability of the house along with the extraordinary natural setting and high-end pool/spa area more than make up for that in my view. we spent most of our time poolside and made meals in the large kitchen. the views from the pool area are quite sublime and expansive and there are hiking trails just above the house. bill is accessible and a pleasure to deal with. looking fwd to going back.
- Guest puffy (United States)
- Date of stay 03/28/13
- Review Submitted 04/02/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers.
Manager response: The renter has already booked a return visit and in mentioning décor it is significant to know that our unique interior décor -- was designed and decorated by a well known designer/colorist to establish a modern, comfortable, colorful environment that over the passing of years continues to offers a pleasing palate of multicolored walls and matching carpets - all chosen to blend with the surrounding hillside and rock-scape where combined with our extensive full view windows(150 feet floor to ceiling) provides abundant and unique use of natural lighting and five sensory décor/building elements that creates variable hues of color from sunrise to sunset. Renters who have returned indicate there is a subtle nature to the this blending of interior décor with the outside environment that provides a relaxing easy flow inside-outside ambiance.
We booked this home hoping to find everything PS had to offer and we were not disappointed. I had originally wanted to stay at a swanky hotel. But after reading about how loud and party scene it would be, decided to rent a private home for our family. This home is located pretty much adjacent to everything. The owner met us and did a walk through, a very nice man. We had access to a hiking trail right out our back door, which my kids loved. We really enjoyed that the home is literally built into the hillside. We were able to open all the sliding doors off the pool, so neat! Tip. Use the Ralph's grocery card that is the kitchen. It saved us about $30 on groceries!!
- Guest Shane (Minneapolis)
- Date of stay 02/17/13
- Review Submitted 02/22/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, pet owners, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Lovely Location, Vista Views, Tranquil and Relaxing
Lovely Location, Vista Views, Tranquil and Relaxing
Overall we had a lovely stay for a long weekend. The home is nestled in the hills with a lovely view. It is located so that it feels secluded and private, but is close enough to local ammenities and hot spots. The owner, Bill, was easy to deal with re our reservation and was responsive as needed. Some of the things we really liked included: -large and spacious feeling home -excellent view with floor/ceiling windows -quiet and tranquil -sound system thru house was nice -pool and jacuzzi, with waterfall was lovely -gas fireplaces were great to have and use -dishware nice and clean -kitchen stocked with sundries (salt, sugar, coffee singles) -wifi...a must these days...nice to have -selection of books re stars, Palm Springs, things to do, newspaper article were all nice touches -fairly sparse in decor--which for me is a good thing--a bit more calm that way Again, a nice place to stay to feel like you're living the good-life in Palm Springs.
- Guest kristin m.
- Date of stay 01/05/13
- Review Submitted 01/27/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
1. City of Palm Springs vacation rental Permit # 4963. The Palm Springs City occupancy Tax rate of 11.5% DOES NOT APPLY FOR RENTALS OF 28 DAYS OR MORE.
2. In lieu of a reservation deposit payment renters may take option of utilizing the very reasonable VRBO Property Damage Protection Coverage starting at $49.00. Depending on length of stay the coverage requirement will increase to $69 or $89.00
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- cleaning fee: $130 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Pet Fee: $60 + tax
- Tax Rate 11.5%
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Palm Springs Airport at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: San Diego at 125 Miles
- Nearest Train: Palm Springs at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 111 off Freeway 10 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Knotts Water Park at 4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Melvins at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Big Bear Mountain at 70 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Indian Canyons Golf Club, BellAir Greens, Cove at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Lyons - 5 excellent rated in 2 miles at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1987
About: Owmer, retired former President of small nationally known executive recruiting and organization planning consulting company.
Why Cahuilla Hills:
One of a kind hillside location dramatically perced on hillside with private road and gated access with lots of privacy and solitude with no close neighbors. Unique contempary comfortable home, airy, light, colorful with semi-open floor plan, sliding doors and fablous views and attractive acre of professionally designed landscape and rockscape.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Quiet, no immediate neighbors, solitude, magnificant views, airy, colorful, open space design with attractive healthful combination of desert landscape, greenery and rockscape hillside environment.
- Primary: 16263510866 8AM- 9PM Pacific Standard time
Aerial view of top hillside home, driveway, landscape/greenery; sweeping views
Hillside desert plant/greenery-driveway trail to walking-(mountain trail up hill
entrance area to living/dining room, fireplace, patio, hall to master bedroom
living room view outside deck/jazuzzi-waterfall in rock/landscape-mountain views
Dining room with outside view of deck and landscape/rockscape next to Kitchen
Master bedroom-outside deck/pool with views of valley/Mts-Auto awnings retracted
Master Marble bath with bidet, etc. and large skylight.
second bedroom sitting area, game desk, closet, sliding door to patio
Kitchen with inside barbecue, subzero ref, gas appliances, pull out appliance.
Aerial view pool/jacuzzi in rockscape with southern valley and mountains view
Landscaped hillside trail below house to tree area/rockscape seating & views.
From home a sunset over Palm Springs & Coachella Valley
Gated entrance to acre homesite with land/rockscape & San Jacinto Mt behind home
front entrance to living/dining area & floor/ ceiling slide windows to pool/view
Living room, fireplace, windows/sliding doors to deck/pool/jaccuzi/ views
view from jacuzzi over stream, pool northeast over desert valley to mountains
Dining room- buffet/dining cabinet with mirror views of outside land/rockscape
Master bedroom- TV/ closet cabinet- fireplace, mirror wall showing pool Mt view
2nd master bedroom/sitting area closes off from living area-next to bath & patio
2nd bath, shower, large skylight, closes off from living area & off 2nd bedroom
Kitchen- 2 center tops, exit outside barbecue, Micro, Regular/warm ovens, pantry
Rock/landscape around Jacuzzi, waterfall, and stream to pool
Home North east view over Palm Springs, Airport, Desert Hot spring to Mountains
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 24, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.