Even More Affordable Vacation Rental in Alameda - Sf Bay Area
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Alameda apartment description
Welcome to our cozy one bedroom apartment in a lovely victorian home close to downtown Alameda, located on the beautiful tree lined Central Ave. The proximity to downtown San Francisco and other bay area cities makes this the ideal location for your stay. SF Bay Ferries, AC-Transit Bus service and Bart are located just minutes away from the house Or simply drive 20 minutes and you will be in Downtown SF.
Alameda's Park Street Shopping is just two blocks away with an abundance of unique stores, eating places of international cuisine, bars & coffee houses to match your tastes. Not to forget the recently renovated Alameda Movie Theater ...a must see if you have plans for a movie night.
You will find all of the things you will need in this beautifully set up home...away from home. This unit has a one bedroom with a closet. There is also a full size futon/sofa in the living room. A 42 inch LCD flat-screen TV with premium cable channels and a surround sound system will keep you entertained. The Kitchen is stocked with everything you can think of and if you still need any additional accessories, simply call up and we will have it for you as we the owners live upstairs. Plenty of safe street parking. Private entrance, outdoor patio seating for you to enjoy the sun, Laundry on site, BBQ grill in the back yard and many other features. Also, for your peace of mind, the home is equipped with outdoor security cameras.
This is a perfect place for your stay in the bay area whether for business or pleasure.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Dishes & Utensils:
The kitchen is fully stocked with all the necessary kitchen utensils, pots, pans and bake-ware for cooking & baking. Should you need anything special, we will do our best to provide upon request....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Washing Machine:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- Video Library:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Porch / Veranda:
- Tourist Attractions
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Duty Free Shops
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- The City of Alameda is located seven miles east of San Francisco, less than a mile west of Oakland, CA in the beautiful San Francisco Bay. The island is served by international airports in Oakland, San Francisco and San Jose. It is also accessible from San Francisco via the Bay Bridge and from the east, north and south by major highways. If you're coming to the city by water, Alameda is served by the Alameda Oakland Ferry Service (AOFS) and the Alameda/Harbor Bay Ferry Service (AHBFS). Miles and Minutes to Alameda Oakland International Airport -- just 6.7 miles away from downtown Alameda and less than 15 minutes by car from major business parks San Francisco Airport -- less than 28 miles away and a comfortable commute San Jose Airport -- within 35 miles and under an hour Amtrak Station and the Capital Corridor Line -- less than 5 miles away and under 10 minutes Bay Bridge Toll Plaza -- a convenient 7-mile trip that can be reached in less than 15 minutes. THINGS TO DO IN ALAMEDA Alameda Point Antiques & Collectibles Faire With hundreds of outdoor dealers selling merchandise on the first Sunday of the month, the Alameda Point Antiques & Collectibles Faire is one of Northern California's largest. All merchandise sold at the show must be at least 20 years old; no reproductions are allowed. Alameda Theater and Cineplex The historic Alameda Theater is an Art Deco palace. When it opened in 1932, it was as glamorous a destination as the finest Bay Area theaters. Throughout the decades, it fell on hard times, but in 2000, the City of Alameda became formally involved in its restoration. A three-part $37.3 million restoration has restored it to its original glory while also modernizing it. Altarena Playhouse in 1957, Alameda Little Theater, Inc. converted an abandoned grocery store into Altarena Playhouse where the troupe has since staged intimate, artistically ambitious plays and revues. Over 500,000 people have attended shows at Altarena. Boardsports School And Shop Since 2002, the Boardsports team has offered kite-boarding, windsurfing, and stand up paddling instruction, rentals, and retail sales. With exclusive teaching rights at two of the best beach locations, we assure you the best lesson and gear buying experience in the Bay Area. Crown Beach Memorial Park Intersection of West-line Dr and Otis Dr, Alameda, 94501. If you are using a GPS enter 600 West-line Drive, Alameda. Chuck Corica Golf Complex The East Bay's most popular golf courses are found at the Chuck Corica Golf Complex. The complex includes two spectacular 18-hole courses, a nine hole part 3 course, driving range, fully stocked pro shop and restaurant Crab Cove The Crab Cove Visitor Center at Crown Memorial State Beach in Alameda features exhibits for visitors of all ages -- from bay creatures in an 800-gallon aquarium system to the chance to plunge into the San Francisco Bay without getting wet. Crown Memorial State Beach The showpiece of the park is its 2.5 mile beach, with sand dunes bordering a bicycle trail. Crown Memorial State Beach also features the Elsie Roemer Bird Sanctuary at the east end and Crab Cove at the north end, a marine reserve where all plant and animal life is protected. Frank Bette Center for the Arts The Frank Bette Center for the Arts fulfills and builds upon the legacy of Frank Bette by nurturing a space where fine arts, crafts, literacy and musical arts meet and thrive. The center offers meetings, readings, showings and other creative doings. Pacific Pinball Museum Dedicated to teaching science, art and history through pinball, and to preserving and promoting an important part of American culture, the Pacific Pinball Museum hosts the world's largest pinball show, the Pacific Pinball Expo, and displays a beautiful selection of playable, historic pinball machines. Rosenblum Cellars From humble beginnings as a passionate home-winemaking operation Rosenblum Cellars has evolved into one of North America's most acclaimed wine producers. Working with fruit from all over California, founders Kent and Kathy Rosenblum continue to helm this one-of-a-kind shipyard winery... click here to learn more about Rosenblum Cellar's unique story. USS Hornet Museum The Aircraft Carrier USS Hornet Museum is a national treasure, having participated in two of the greatest events of the 20th Century -- World War II and the Apollo 11 manned space mission. This extraordinary ship is now peacefully moored at historic Alameda Point and has on display space artifacts, aircraft carrier memorials, and special exhibits...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Stay in Alameda
Great Stay in Alameda
I had a great stay of over 3 months here, the hosts Joe and Mimi are really nice and were just so helpful and friendly. The apartment was exactly as described, clean, has modern furnishings, everything you could want in the kitchen. It is in a very quiet spot, but still just a short walk of a couple of blocks away from all the restaurants and main shopping road. I recommend the tea leaf salad at the Super Burma place. The bus through the island takes you to either Bart station or you can take the O line bus from Webster Street direct to San Fran. The Island is flat and great for walking and riding with a lovely beach boardwalk along the shoreline drive. There is no problem to park right at the apartment door, no parking hassles. Centrally located between the bay farm ferry and the Alameda ferry. Lake Chabot and Redwood Parks are a short drive away and there is lots to do in the Oakland hills; if you're not visiting San Francisco. I could not have had a nicer time!
- Guest Chris (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Date of stay 01/13/13
- Review Submitted 05/07/13
Owner response: Thanks Chris for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed it. It was good to meet you and you will always be welcome in our home.
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Why Stay In San Francisco?! Try Alameda!
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Why Stay In San Francisco?! Try Alameda!
We have been VRBO travelers for 3 years now, and we've never had a bad stay in every location from Key West to Hawaii, and this sweet place has kept that winning streak going! I booked this trip for my husband's 32nd birthday gift and I'm so glad that we found Joe and Mimi's place in Alameda! It was very easy to get to from the airport, and even though we had plans in Oakland and Napa, we ended up spending most of our time in Alameda! Upon arrival, there was plenty of parking and the apartment was gorgeous. They even had wine, chocolates, and yummy brownies waiting for us next to a personalized welcome note and tour book(nice touch, Mimi)! It was very romantic with soft lighting, modern decor, soft down blankets on the couch, and every needed amenity all the way down to quality body lotion (not the watered down stuff). We never once felt uneasy and could have easily walked to the shopping centers and restaurants. Definitely try Toomie's Thai Restaurant (the crispy duck is to die for!). There was easy access to the highways, too. After coming home from the Raiders/Broncos game, there were 2 happy birthday cupcakes waiting for my husband with a little note. It was so sweet of them to do that. Overall, we had an awesome time in Alameda and Mimi made it so special. Though we didn't meet the owners personally, they definitely made their presence felt by answering any questions we had and giving us information about the area! lt's like we've known them for years! Thank you so much for making my hubby's birthday getaway special! We'll be back!
- Guest Tbell (Dallas, TX)
- Date of stay 12/05/12
- Review Submitted 12/13/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank You for your kind words. We are constantly trying to make our guest's experience even better next time.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Discounts: 31 nights or more: $77 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
The entire rental fee is due in advance at time of reservation. Cancellations must be made at least 30 days in advance to receive a refund minus a cancellation & processing fee of $50.00. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations made less than 30 days from check-in date. In certain instances, a refund may be processed if the unit is rented for those dates by another guest after cancellation.
- Cleaning Fee: $70 + tax
- Tax Rate 10%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Oakland International Airport at 6 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Alameda Ferry at 3 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Station at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 880 (Nimitz) at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Alameda at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Several at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Donner Ski Resort at 165 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Chuck Corica Golf Course at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Several at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We are Joe & Mimi, the owners who live in the main house upstairs in this beautiful Victorian. We purchased this house a few months ago, did some major renovation recently and decided to rent out the units below as vacation rentals. We would love to share our home with you and even give you some insights as to what to do, where to go and be of help if you are unsure of how to get around in the Bay Area, during your stay with us.
Why the Owner Chose Alameda:
We bought this property because we always wanted to live in a victorian and we simply love Alameda. The people, the weather, the proximity to everything and most of all the tranquility of this island.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
We chose this particular property because of its unique Victorian look & feel of it. This home was built in 1891 by Peter Christiansen who was a very well known builder during his time. History books claim that he had built several Victorian homes in Alameda. This particular home that he had built was for himself. Historians claim that because of that, he used the best types of wood and construction materials available during his era to build this home. It sure seemed like that during our major remodel.
- Primary: +1 510-331-1124 Joe's Cell
- Secondary: +1 510-393-5070 Mimi's Cell
- Tertiary: +1 510-263-8109 Other
- Fax: +1 510-575-9372 Fax
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Entry view of Unit B
Futon Bed in living room
Another view of the bedroom
View from the kitchen into the living room
View from the living room into the kitchen
Another view from the kitchen
Water Pik- Large Power spray shower head
Golden Gate Bridge, SF Bay.
Front of our Victorian
Down the street view
Bedroom looking into the living room
Dining area counter top & kitchen
View of living room with 42"TV with surround sound & Blu Ray/DVD player
View of bathroom
Crown Beach, Alameda
SF City line view from Alameda
Aerial view of SF with the Bay Bridge
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.