Casa Colibri at Troncones Point
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Troncones house description
Casa Colibri - This beautiful 'Casa del Pacifico' style home exemplifies Mexico beach living at it's best. Our home offers luxuious accommodation for 4-6 people in a king master suite, and a small mezzanine bedroom above the master suite, ideal for children or singles, and the large comfortable settee in the great room for cool nights under the artisan palapa roof. The Great Room has beautiful ocean and mountain views and contains the kitchen with all the amenities for making your own meals. It is a wonderful gathering place for watching the sun and moon sets.
The property is fenced for privacy and has a lovely garden dotted with hammocks perfect for the afternoon nap in the shade. Beautiful Manzanillo Bay is less than a 5 minute walk for surfing, snorkeling, fishing, beach combing and tide pool exploring. A variety of restaurants are a short beach walk out our front gate. On-site surfboard rentals are available as well.
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Considered:
- Smoking Allowed:
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18, Beds for 16-18
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Beach View
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Duty Free Shops
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- About 20 miles north of Ixtapa, and Zihuatanejo, on Mexico's gorgeous Pacific coast, is a small gathering of surf spots known as ondas hermosas. We built our retreat in the heart of this area, removed from the tourist hustle and steps from the sand. Like the locale, our accommodation has a relaxed, natural atmosphere, and two full-time staff who can help arrange surf and fishing trips. Between the nearby waves, sunshine-soaked surroundings and easy sense of equilibrio, Troncones Point can offer a relaxing and inexpensive vacation to families and small groups. Only 20 minutes from Ixtapa where golf, sailing, SCUBA, and specialty trips to cultural areas can be arranged. The Club is located only a 3 hour drive to Patzcuaro, the first capital of Mexico and world renown arts and cultural center for Day of the Dead festivities in the small villages around beautiful Lake Janitzio. Troncones has a variety of restaurants offering local Mexican and international cuisine, massage therapists and yoga studios. A truly relaxing 'get-away from it all' place to enjoy nature and re-energize your life....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Nov 1 - May 1
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
Additional information about rental rates
Other affordable accommodations are available on the property. If interested, please make inquiries directly to our reservation's manager.
We accept US dollars and Mexican pesos with a valid credit card through PayPal or wire transfer to our Mexican Bank. Cash can also be accepted on-site for additional nights.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
All taxes and fees are included in the nightly rate. We encourage our guests to tip our staff at 10% per day. They are wonderful local folk who have been under our employment since we opened the property for business.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo at 35 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 200 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Playa Troncones at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Inn at Manzanillo at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Ixtapa at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Inn at Manzanillo at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1997
About the owner: I am a surfer, sailor, an environmentalist, and a lover of life. I enjoy meeting fellow travelers who revel in the art of adventuring and exploration of new places. I love nature and all the diversity it has to offer, especially in coastal Mexico. I grew up in southern California in the 1950s before it became incredibly developed in a maze of freeways and urban sprawl. I remember the avocado and citrus groves, and the clear days when one could see all the Channel Islands off the coast. Now, I find the beauty of my childhood still alive in the coastal area around Troncones. I think the mangos and the avocados are incredible! Yes, I am a natural foodie, too!
Why the Owner Chose Troncones:
We bought the property in 1997 and were some of the first expatriates to build. We loved the natural, earthy and feminine aspects of Mexican architecture aptly named 'Las Casas del Pacifico' style. The style known for open and airy shelters designed to co-exist with nature using the local, natural and recycled construction materials. We started small and eco-friendly with solar, wind, composting toilets, and a grey water system for the garden - most of which we still maintain. We love the proximity to one of the best surfing areas in the world and the tranquil beauty of little Manzanillo Bay within a short walk.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We fell in love with the natural beauty and the local community of wonderful, charming people. We wanted to encourage more Eco-friendly awareness among the local and expatriate community. We created a zero-scape garden - sandy, soft on the feet with small descansos - areas of rest through out the garden. We left all the natural vegetation and chose the bare spots to build. We love the warmth of the environment and the community.
- Primary: +1 808-339-5323
- Secondary: +1 206-412-5615
Links to more information:
Casa Colibri - Ocean view, 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, great room
Casa Colibri Mastersuite King-size bed
Casa Colibri - Kitchen view 2 in Great Room
One of the many vistas from the Great Room
Guest on Stairs to Mezzanine Bedroom and Great Room
Garden Gate to Beach
Casa Colibri Patio with Hammock off Master suite
Casa Colibri - Kitchen view in Great room
Sunset View from Casa Colibri's Great Room
Casa Colibri Window
Troncones Point from the beach in the late afternoon.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, November 08, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.