Updated 2BR Sugarloaf Chalet - Your Family's New Favorite Fall Hideaway
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sugarloaf cabin description
Looking for the perfect Big Bear hideaway for this weekend? Sugarloaf Chalet is the ultimate cozy retreat for your next visit to this gorgeous California wonderland. It sleeps 4 comfortably, with a Queen-sized bed in each of the two bedrooms. 2 additional guests could sleep on the inflatable air mattress. Recently remodeled, this updated cabin is clean and freshly revamped with new mattresses, appliances and repainted walls. While it may have all the modern conveniences of home, you’ll still get all the ambience of nearby nature with mountain-esque décor and heirlooms such as a 100 year-old mahogany bed passed down through generations within the homeowner’s family.
The large stone fireplace in the living room serves as a centerpiece for the cabin, and will keep you and your family cozy for winter nights spent in reading, playing board games or watching movies on the flat screen TV. Start your days off in Sugarloaf by enjoying fresh coffee on the front porch, and if the grillmaster of your family is feeling generous around dinnertime, they can grill up some grub on the charcoal grill! Fresh snow during winter can be properly welcomed with the two sleds provided for guests who want to take full advantage of the mountainous terrain.
Big Bear Lake is the gem of Southern California, located about two hours east of Los Angeles. Both summer and winter are equally ideal times to make the pilgrimage to Big Bear. Fishing is a major summer attraction here, as well as mountain biking, hiking and horseback riding. Snow Summit and Bear Mountain ski resorts make the most of Big Bear’s heavy snowfall. The fall season boasts stupendous weather and fall colors as well as numerous events perfect for your family getaway. Once you visit Big Bear and the Sugarloaf Chalet, you’ll understand why many families return to this beautiful haven year after year.
Key Residence Features
- This rustic chalet-style cabin provides the perfect lodging for a visit to the forests and mountains of Big Bear Lake
- The large living room is especially grand with a large stone fireplace to keep warm on snowy nights after skiing or sledding
- Front porch with chairs is perfect for enjoying the summertime weather too!
- Barnstorm Restaurant - great for breakfast!
- B's Backyard BBQ - dog friendly and near the water
- Grizzly Manor Cafe: The biggest and best pancakes in town - (909) 866-6226
- Hacienda Grill & Sports Bar - recently remodeled; great food!
- Get the Burger - local favorite
- Teddy Bear Restaurant - comfort food!
- Peppercorn Grille - fine dining, Big Bear style
- The Captain's Anchorage - try the clam chowder!
- Maggio's Pizza - best pizza in Big Bear!
- Sonora Cantina - good Mexican food and outdoor patio
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized bed, closet, suitcase stand, TV with cable
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized bed, closet suitcase stand, iPod player, TV with cable
- There is an electric blow-up mattress that can sleep 2 additional guests
- No smoking
- 2 dog maximum; no cats
- Must be 21 years or older to book
- No parties or large gatherings
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
Sugarloaf Chalet is also designed for couples and adult get-aways. Girls weekends, guys weekends, couples weekends, family weekends, romantic weekends, honeymoons, hiking, snow shoeing, skiing, snowboarding, sisters, brothers, mothers fathers - spend some quality family time.. life is short, and while I've often said myself, 'you don't choose your family,' only family can share certain memories. and more. Grandparents? Bring your grandchildren for an experience they will not forget! Scrapbookers, birdwatchers, nature lovers - share all this with your children and they will also grow up to appreciate these things. Besides TV, the cabin is stocked with games and sleds in the guest bedroom....moreless
We are pet lovers!! The front deck and gate has been specially designed for your pets safety. If your pet has an accident, there is a special cleaning formula under kitchen sink. If the carpet needs professional cleaning, you will be responsible for that charge. ...moreless
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Both bedrooms recently repainted, carpeted, with new darkening blinds. Both have comfortable new queen mattresses, with new mattress covers, pillows and pillow covers. Large closets with nightstands and lamps. Beds, sheets and towels are placed prior to your arrival. We supply bedspreads and blankets. The antique bedroom headboards came from my fathers' home in Paris, Mo. Russ Brooks grew up with the antique mahogany bed as a child, as a child, I grew up with the bed. I'm pleased to be able to share this family heirloom with our mountain guests. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Living Room seats 9
- Towels Provided
- Music Library:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Porch / Veranda:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- To our Vacationers: My family and I moved to Big Bear in 1992, and bought our first mountain home in Sugarloaf. Throughout the 20 years we lived in Big Bear, in several different areas of the Valley, this quaint and quiet little area has always held a special spot in our hearts. Originally a location for campers, little by little, owners began building small cabins for their mountain get-a ways. Sugarloaf boasts its own market, (convenience for sure, but use in a pinch due to prices,) it's own post office, and real estate company. Many of the homes in the area are owned by second homeowners. Right down Big Bear Blvd, (west) you'll find Community Market, which is close and easier on your pocketbook. The chain stores, Von's and Stater Brothers, are further towards Big Bear Lake. Within walking distance are tennis courts and a well designed skate board park, as well as a children's play area. Last November, Sugarloaf Park was revitalized with an exercise track/walking path and eight exercise stations. The path surrounds the playground on the east side of the park, and is a comfortable walk down Baldwin Lane from the Sugarloaf Chalet. As you head West you'll find restaurants, the Village, the Slopes, the Zoo, The Discovery Center, and a multitude of Big Bear activities. If you love looking through antique and gift stores, the Valley has many. Be sure to visit Heidi's, North side of Big Bear Blvd., as you head towards the City. If you want to go horseback riding - you're very close to Baldwin Stables. Take a look through our picture section to get familiar with some of our favorite places, as well as our beautifully remodeled cabin. After a busy Big Bear day, relax and enjoy the dark crisp mountain air and feeling in the peaceful home we call Sugarloaf Chalet. Make a fire, play board games or a little TV, watch a Netflix movie.... do what you came to do in Big Bear. Relax, Enjoy!! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
charming cabin in the mountains
charming cabin in the mountains
I just spent three delightful days at this charming cozy cabin in the mountains of Big Bear -- the cabin has all the amenities, washer/dryer, fireplace, big screen TV, comfy and warm. The sun shines about all the time up there, the property was clean and well maintained, lots of good restaurants in the entire valley (yes, it is a valley in the mountains) - lake, skiing, fishing, relaxing, Octoberfesting right now, lots to do and see. The price is right and no noisy neighbors...
- Guest Barbara (Palm Desert, CA)
- Date of stay 10/22/13
- Review Submitted 11/01/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, pet owners.
Owner response: Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We hope you keep us in mind for your future travels. Cheers!
What a great time at this Sugarloaf Chalet. I can't think of anything more I would have wanted. Cool evenings just sitting around watching movies on TV! And a nice fire when it got too cool! As always I needed to stay in contact so the wifi connection was truly great. Furniture and accessories were just great and all were in excellent condition. Will definitely return to this beautiful cabin.
- Guest Bob (Palm Springs)
- Date of stay 05/06/13
- Review Submitted 05/27/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, pet owners.
During this stay the property was under previous ownership or management.
Sep 3 '13 - Sep 30 '13....$119/week night...$129/weekend night....$800/week Oct 1 '13 - Oct 10 '13...$129/week night...$139/weekend night...$900/week Oct 11 '13 - Oct 13 '13....$199/night...$1200/week Oct 14 '13 - Nov 27 '13...$129/week night...$139/weekend night...$900/week Nov 28 '13 - Dec 1 '13...$199/night...$1200/week Dec 2 '13 - Dec 21 '13....$129/week night....$139/weekend night...$900/week Dec 22 '13 - Dec 28 '13....$199/night....$1200/week Dec 29 '13 - Feb 28 '14....$129/week night...$139/weekend night....$900/week
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Bear City Airport - small planes at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Bear Mountain, Snow Summit at 7 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Big Bear Mountain Golf Course at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Thelma's at 3 Miles
- Primary: +1 (877) 818-1013 Please reference listing number when inquiring
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Second bedroom with queen sized bed
Stacked washer/dryer for laundry during your stay
Big Bear pedal path - off Stanfield Cutoff. Great for a fun walk!!
B's is North side of Big Bear Blvd, with Bar, & off leash dog park
Your picture-perfect Sugarloaf Chalet!
Cozy up next to your stone fireplace
This family heirloom bed is a historical gem
Going to splurge with Donuts? Fresh daily, past Community Market West
Fun shopping, and often special events
El Jacalito - Great Mexican in the Village
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 25, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
+1 (877) 818-1013
Please reference listing number when inquiring
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.