Charming Beach Cottage with Pool, Ocean View Deck, Steps to the Sand!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
La Jolla Shores house description
Welcome to Dove Cottage, a little piece of home away from home. This charming property is located in La Jolla Shores, mere steps to the beach, and features two bedrooms, one sleeping loft and 2.5 bathrooms. Enjoy hearing the waves at night, or enjoying a sunset on the third story deck. Relax in the private heated pool (with cover!), or swim laps, your choice. Home features a fenced in yard, outdoor barbeque area and full service eat in kitchen with a cozy fireplace to gather around . The living area is entertainment ready with a flat screen T.V., DVD, Cable, wireless internet throughout, and another cozy fireplace for your enjoyment.
The Master bedroom on lower level has a King 'Sleep Number' adjustable bed, a small twin, a relaxing Jaccuzi soaking tub, and separate shower and laundry area. Second floor is the loft which has two twins, and one full futon, with full bath and small desk. The third level retreat has a queen bed, an entertainment area, mini-fridge and comfortable seating area. It also boasts a wrap around deck where you can enjoy a gorgeous sunset or a morning cup of coffee.
Did I mention the beach is steps outside the gate? Kellogg Park is right there too, with convenient picnic benches, and playground area. Private detached Garage Guest House is not available at this time, but 2 parking spaces are reserved for you right in front.
Enjoy all the comforts of home, while being at the beach! Dove cottage is a true testament to the La Jolla beach cottage days of yore, with modern amenities and a location that is truly spectacular. Come, enjoy a home away from home.
*Sorry, NO SMOKING on entire property and NO PETS.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- There is an outdoor shower to wash off that sand, beach toys are available as well. Walk to neighborhood restaurants, Pizza Oven, and Surf Shops, ATM, beauty shop, post office, and local convenience store. Rent kayaks, bikes, scuba gear and snorkelling gear a block away, or take a guided tour. Seaworld, San Diego Zoo, Legoland are a short drive away. Local merchants will even do house calls for nails, pedicures, and possibly drycleaning. Short drive to La Jolla Village, where local nightlife, music, events, movies and Theare take place. Location is truly ideal for everyone....moreless
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Car Not Necessary
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Whale Watching
- Right outside Dove Cottage's private yard, you can enjoy all the local amenities steps away. Walk to local restaurants, go kayaking, swimming, scuba diving, biking, snorkeling, surfing, and exploring. Walking trails and tide pools are nearby, and of course, the grand Pacific Ocean is right outside the cottage gate. Sea World, Lego Land, the San Diego Zoo are a short drive away. Located near major freeways, it's easy to get out there and enjoy the moderate San Diego weather. Sunset beach walks are a must-do here. Come and enjoy the beach, and the Ocean view!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This was a well -maintained, clean and inviting property. We had a group of eight and there was ample space to accommodate all of us. The views from the top floor were spectacular, and the property felt quiet and secluded as soon as you entered the gate. The property manager was very helpful and responsive. The upstairs floor has many windows with minimal coverage, so a full moon or sunlight may impact a light sleeper. We would highly recommend this property and would definitely stay here again.
- Guest Lori S.
- Date of stay 12/27/12
- Review Submitted 04/16/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, tourists without a car.
Nice and Relaxing, Loved it
Nice and Relaxing, Loved it
We stayed six nights in "Dove Cottage". We truly loved it. The house is in great condition. We loved the third story deck with ocean views. If you are not familiar with area, be sure to have a GPS as the street to the cottage is not clearly marked. It is only a short walk to the sand. Home has all you need for a nice family vacation. Love the patio with BBQ, lap pool and fountain. Two tight parking spaces. We comfortably slept five adults and two teenagers. Beds were very comfortable, master and two twin beds were Sleep Number. High quality towels and sheets. Good supply of beach items (chairs, towels, boogie boards, etc.).
- Guest RJMfromCT (CT)
- Date of stay 12/21/12
- Review Submitted 01/16/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Manager response: It was a pleasure having you and your family stay at Dove Cottage! Thank you, and please keep us in mind for future relaxing vacations!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 3 - May 24
7 night min stay
|High Season and December month
May 27 - Aug 31
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Labor Day- Memorial Day....$3500.00 a WEEK
High Season-Memorial Day- Labor Day....$4200.00 a WEEK
Month of December....$4200.00 a WEEK
Holiday weeks year round......$4200.00 a WEEK
Weekly, Monthly or Seasonal Rental
Please email or call Manager to confirm availability before booking.
Sorry, NO pets and NO events.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $1000
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Diego International Airport (SAN) at 12 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Coronado Ferry at 14 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak, Metro Link, Coaster, Solana Beach station at 13 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 5 Freeway at 0.08 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Torrey Pines Country Club at 2.2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Shores Restaurant at 0.01 Miles
Why La Jolla Shores:
Dove Cottage was designed by renowned Architect, Dale Naegle, who's works are a large part of Southern California's History, especially in La Jolla Shores. It was built as a testament of Love from the Patriarch of our family, so that the gererations after could enjoy the beauty of the Shores.
- Primary: 858-729-3383
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Dove Cottage view from yard
Private, heated lap pool with fountains.
Comfortable seating in the living room
Steam shower in master
Dual twins in Loft
comfortable seating and entertainment center
Hello, Ocean and Kellogg Park!
Charming dine-in kitchen
Flat screen TV, cable, DVD and wireless internet
Master bedroom with small twin
Soaking jacuzzi tub
full futon in loft
Queen upper suite
The lovely veiw from one part of the deck
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, December 09, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.