Country Home on Large Private Property
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Domme villa description
Country home in private setting, 30 years old, with swimming pool and large terraces. Upstairs 3 bedrooms, 6 beds, 1.5 bathroom. Downstairs large living/dining room with open fire place and modern, well-equipped kitchen (oven, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, freezer) Washer, dryer in separate closet. Central heating.
Surrounded by garden, extensive view on Dodogne valley and forests. Private parking area.
TV, CD/DVD player and WiFi internet in living room.
Close to Domme, medieval village, with fantastic views on Dordogne. Grocery stores in Cenac (3 km).
In an area of 15 km at least 10 castles (Beynac and Castelnaud for example) are open for visitors. Kayaking on Dordogne is very popular, with multiple locations. There are 3 golf courses within 30 km. Hot-air ballooning nearby. The countryside is lovely, with famous Limousin cows, small rivers and old farms.
The Dordogne area is famous for its culinary diversities, like Foie gras, Magret de canard, Pommes sarladaises, walnuts and the Bergerac wines. Farmers markets are open almost every day in a different village.
Famous historical sites like Domme, Sarlat, Rocamadour and Belves are within an hour drive. The well-known vineyards of Bergerac, Pecharmant and Saint-Emilion are 1-1.5 hrs driving distance.
- 120 m²
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1), Two bedrooms with twin beds
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Living Room seats 6:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Eco Tourism
- Winery Tours
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- The house is located in a private, quiet setting. There are multiple locations for kayaking on the river Dordogne. Randonees (hiking trails) are abundant. In the neighborhood at least 10 castles are open to visit. In Domme, a beautiful old village, famous grottes are located with easy access. Local farmers markets are held most days of the week. The area is famous for its culinary possibilities....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Aug 31 - Sep 21, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Weeks go from Sunday 04.00 PM till Sunday 10.00 AM.
End of stay cleaning service, including all laundry: 75 Euros.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: €400
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Bergerac at 60 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Souillac at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Souillac (A20) at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Vitrac (riverbank) at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Cenac at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Rochebois at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Domme at 2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1980
About the owner: Dutch owners, living in California. Husband is a Professor at Stanford University, wife is a nurse. Three sons, living in the Netherlands. We have built the house in 1980, and purchased additional land over the years.
Why the Owner Chose Domme:
We have been in the area since our parents spent their vacation in the Dordogne. It is a historical, quiet, friendly part of France, which continues to surprise us. It is a welcome change from Silicon Valley.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Beautiful views over the valley, with a glass of local wine, at the sunset, followed by unbelievable starry skies. Very private, but still close to all amenities.
- Primary: + 650-691-9761 (California, USA)
- Secondary: + Secundary number when in Netherlands
- Fax: +1 6506919740
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 01, 2013