'Whale's Tail' Luxury Pool Villa at Award-Winning Rancho Pacifico
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Uvita villa description
Why risk just renting a house?
The last thing you want on vacation is something to worry about. Unfortunately some 'Paradise rentals' can leave you concerned about trivial things like maintenance and security that can ruin the best laid plans. Don't Worry....at Rancho Pacifico you'll enjoy the security of our 25 'All-Tico' staff, the Privacy and Space of a vacation rental AND the Amenities and Services of an award winning Small Luxury Hotel...not to mention fabulous meals at our guest only Whale's Tail Bar and Grill (including complimentary Gourmet Breakfasts for all guests), and memorable moments at our Tree-top Spa Tranquila.
Find out why Trip Advisor rated us 'The #1 destination for Spa and Relaxation in Central America - and #12 in the World.
Private, Secluded and Dramatic - on its own 10 acres and offering what may be the finest view of the fabled Whale's Tail and the beaches of Marina Ballena National Park, our 3 bedroom villa is spacious, contemporary and fully outfitted. Its clean modern lines contrast boldly to the surrounding rainforest mountainsides and blue Pacific.
At Adult-Exclusive Rancho Pacifico, Multiple families or a group of friends sharing the Whale's Tail Villa are promised lifetime memories from their time spent in this one of a kind tropical haven.
Enter through a bamboo gate to your private emerald-green, spring-fed pool overlooking 3,000 miles of Pacific. The pool is surrounded bypalms, birds-of-paradise and a host of natural flowers you will recognize from your favorite flower shop. While away the hours on your pool-side patio.
The large main floor comprised of spacious living room and dining area, fully equipped kitchen with modern acid-washed concrete-counters and 5 seat bar, and dramatic wrap around balcony. The floors are a unique mix of tile and conchita (ground sea shells) which
add authenticity and natural beauty to the rattan furnishings. Lots of lounge chairs adorn the decks and balconies.
The three bedrooms are stacked atop one another offering what one guest called 'welcome to the Hotel California!' One bedroom is on the main floor - the other two are reached by separate spiral
staircases; one up and one down. They each offer over 450 sq feet of dramatic luxury with 270 views right from their pillow-top king beds. The walls are screens and glass allowing for an intimate connection with the natural abundance all around our 250 acre Private Rainforest Preserve.
Their adjoining bathrooms are sleek and architectural featuring modern features like double-faucet trough sinks, double his and hers glass enclosed showers and lots of windows. From the shower stepdirectly to the private spa-deck and gasp at the enormity of this tropical spectacle. The vibrant blues and greens provide the perfect
backdrop for spa treatments steps away from bed and your private balcony.
Spa treatments can also be taken in the outdoor spa-garden, which has lush flowers and expansive views - offering an astronomers view at night insuring peaceful dreams in paradise.
Two upstairs bedrooms feature floor to ceiling windows and wrap-around terraces for taking in the sounds and sights of the rainforest all around. King beds or two fulls. Extensive decks and over-sized bathrooms open to private tropical gardens, spa treatment areas and private pool.
Comfortably accommodating up to 8 guests, the Whales Tail Villa promises to fulfill all of your Costa Rica dreams.
2,200+ square feet
About Rancho Pacifico:
#1 Destination for Spa and Relaxation - C. America, #12 in the World - Trip Advisor.
World Travel Awards - Top 5 Boutique Hotels and Top 5 Green Hotels - Latin America (6 consecutive years).
Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Simple, Elegant and Modern; Award-winning Architecture working with Nature Spacious, contemporary luxury, legendary hospitality,
unmatched privacy.......in a spectacular tropical setting.
Imagine surrounded by the sensations of singing birds, howling monkeys, rushing water and breathtaking vistas. At Rancho Pacifico you can expect an authentic Costa Rica Experience from within a cocoon of tranquility, natural beauty and incomparable hospitality.
The difference at RP is space. You will not find our
accommodations lined up next to each other in a row. Rather they are spread out and in most cases even hidden, giving you a sense of openness and privacy.
Overlooking the fabled Whale's Tail & a jungle canopy covered mountainside. 5 Suites and 5 Villas offer Zen- modern architecture, contemporary furnishings and natural gardens that create harmony & tranquility in a sprawling, estate-like setting. Rancho Pacifico offers a one-of-a-kind Costa Rica experience with comfort, style and sincerity - in one of the world's most dramatic settings.
RP is near Corcovado, Osa, Dominical and Manuel Antonio; minutes to 13 beaches, diverse dining and endless adventure. Our unique, 2000' elevation and rainforest setting puts us in Costa Rica's most favorable climate zone - close to the ocean but with comfortable daytime temperatures in the
low 80's and literally no mosquitoes.
At Rancho Pacifico all guests enjoy an unmatched level of comfort that feels so good after a hard day of tropical adventure. Of course, if your personal idea of adventure is reading, relaxing or staring at the view... welcome home!
- Vacation Rental
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning:
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Mountain View
- Beach View
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Surf Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- All of Costa Rica is not created equally. Many areas along the northern and central Pacific coast have become highly developed and 'touristy'. If you are looking to experience the Costa Rica of your dreams there is really only the South Pacific Coast and Costa Ballena ('Whale Coast') - where the beaches are wide and empty, primary rainforest awaits exploration and the local people are friendly. Remote but not isolated and nestled within a private, 250 acre rain-forest preserve, Rancho Pacifico is an intimate, secure & shady hideaway with just 5 Villas and 5 Suites, commanding views of 3000 sq. miles of blue Pacific, Cano Island, the fabled Whale's Tail & a jungle canopy covered mountainside. Near Osa, Dominical and Manuel Antonio. Minutes to 13 unique beaches, diverse dining, modern conveniences, endless adventure & outdoor sports activities. Two miles from and 1980 feet below lies the village of Uvita & Marina Ballena Natl Marine Park. Our unique location offers a pleasant sense of isolation from the rest of the world yet with easy access to conveniences. The surrounding wild jungle and centuries-old trees offer guests a variety of hiking trails for an incredible journey through the heart of a tropical forest. Rancho Pacifico is bordered by a rushing stream and waterfall whose sweet song can be heard clearly at night. From our spectacular vantage point, visitors enjoy the best of three environments all in one place - Rainforest, Beach and Cloud Forest. Depending on the season, a cool mist of cloud cover can descend from the mountains above blanketing RP in cloud forest conditions. In less than an hour, an ascent up one of our trails delivers you to a more permanent cloud forest where the temperatures are surprisingly cool and the tress laden with vines, bromelias and other moisture loving plant species. The flow of clouds and mist, coupled with lots of sun, often produces spectacular rainbows, colorful sunsets, and an ever changing backdrop of color and texture. Our elevation brings cool, comfortable breezes at night affording delightful, natural sleep. Rancho Pacifico is located at the end of a small private road affording a naturally secure compound - further bolstered by a 24 hour security guard....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Nov 21 - Dec 21 - $535 per nite (group of 5 or more) - $665 group of 4 or less.
Dec 22 - Jan 5 - $700 per nite (group of 5 or more) - $875 group of 4 or less.
Jan 6 - Apr 15 - $555 per nite (group of 5 or more) - $695 group of 4 or less.
April 16 - Nov 20 - $465 per nite (group of 5 or more) - $585 group of 4 or less.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Quepos at 24 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Whale's Tail at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Whale's Tail Grill - On site at Uvita
- Nearest Restaurant: Whale's Tail Grill - On Site at Uvita
If you've taken a look at our reviews and testimonials you have noticed that, in our guests view, Rancho Pacifico is much more than a hotel. Repeatedly you'll hear about our setting, our staff, our hiking trails, our cuisine and our personalized attention. Hotels, even fine ones, are commonplace. But in a location as spectacular as ours something more unique, more special is called for. For just a max of 20 fortunate guests, at Rancho Pacifico the experience of the authentic Costa Rica is alive and well - and from our vantage point, is designed to never be forgotten. If you are just looking for a very good hotel, by all means come and visit. But if you are hoping for even more - even 'one-of-a-kind' - a true experience - you will not be disappointed.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Eliminate the concerns of a 'rental in paradise' gone wrong - and enjoy a Real Vacation.....The Privacy and Space of a Vacation Rental with the Services and Amenities of an Award-Winning Small Luxury Hotel. Experience the Magic that is Exclusively Rancho Pacifico - and experience the Real Costa Rica at it's Finest.
- Primary: 800-621-1975
- Secondary: +
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Enjoy all of RP's amenities
The Villa is private & surrounded by hundreds of acres of Pristine Rainforest
Whale's Tail View - Each Bedroom has a Balcony
Main Floor Living Space
3 Bathrooms - each with Double Sinks and Double Walk-out showers
ClubHouse Main Pool
The RP ClubHouse
HandCrafted Tropical Cocktails - our Specialty
Jumbo Prawns with Figs and Mangoes - Lunch
Whale's Tail 3 BR, 3 Bath Luxury Villa at Rancho Pacifico
Each Bedroom has a Balcony
Your Pool View
Each bedroom has a deluxe pillowtop King bed
Whale's Tail Grill Private Dining Room
Award - Winning Spa Tranquila
Whale's Tail Bar
Pool side Cabana
Hideaway Infinity Pool and Jacuzzi
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 10, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.