Lakeview Vintage Charmer - Stroll to Lake & Dock
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Arrowhead cabin description
'The Hub' is the name of this wonderful 1936 storybook charmer nesteld in a picturesqe neighborhood of the Palasades of Lake Arrowhead. Stroll to the lake from the cabin that have been restored to perfection. Old Arrowhead at its finest, with countless original details. This beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 full bath home is one block above the lake with magnificent lake views from the back deck.
The owner has completed this cabin in a true Ralph Lauren rustic style. The romantic interior has all the original knotty pine siding with a large granite fireplace. There is a king-size bed in the main bedroom; four twin beds in the bunkroom; and a day-bed with trundle in the library bedroom. New down comforters and pillows are included for each bed. The cabin has granite counter tops and all new appliances in the fully stocked kitchen, free wi-fi, cable TV and a washer and dryer.
Enjoy the large private deck with an outdoor Barbeque and picnic table, while you escape the stress of the city, and breathe in the scent of the tall Pine trees all around you. Enjoy the tranquil setting, the many stars in the sky, and the lovely wildlife and nature that surrounds you.
The cabin, which is within walking distance to Lake Arrowhead Village, also comes with access to the dock on the lake and a pass to the beach clubs.
This cozy charmer is one of only a handful of it's kind left, and will transport you back to a simpler time and place where you can relax and let your worries slip away.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Living Room seats 0
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Game Console
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Lake View
- Massage Therapist
- Ice Skating
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Located in the San Bernardino National Forest, Lake Arrowhead is the premier mountain resort community is Southern California. Whether you are looking for hiking, cycling, fly fishing, bird watching, or just revitalizing your soul, you will discover what so many others have, including the who’s who of the movie and film industry. Lake Arrowhead is the hidden jewel of Southern California just waiting for you to discover…or rediscover…its beauty, charm, friendly people, and clean fresh air! Once you arrive, you will discover that this beautiful mountain home is just a short walk down to beautiful Lake Arrowhead. Hike the trails, fish for rainbow trout, go for a swim in the beautiful blue lake, or spend some time relaxing a mile high above the hustle and bustle of city life. You can walk the lake trail almost the entire perimeter of the lake. There are 2 private beach clubs that you will have access to during your stay: Tavern Bay Beach Club and Burn Mill Bay Beach Club. Lake Arrowhead Village is less than a one mile hike or 5 minute drive from the Hub. You will find shopping, dining, and a kid’s fun park. A must-do is a ride on the Arrowhead Queen Paddle Boat. Learn about the history of the Lake, see some celebrity homes, and maybe even catch a glimpse of a bald eagle. For those interested in water skiing, Mackenzie Water Ski School is available for lessons and charter ski trips. There are several other charming communities in the Lake Arrowhead area that have amenities to offer including Blue Jay, Cedar Glen, and Twin Peaks. For you outdoor enthusiasts, hiking trails are nearby including the renowned Pacific Crest Trail, which passes just north of Lake Arrowhead. Travel out Hook Creek Road to Splinter’s Cabin and you will discover Deep Creek Recreational Area. You can fly fish, swim, or hike along the pristine shores of Deep Creek. Other popular hiking trails include North Shore Trail, The Pinnacles, and The Hot Springs. In the winter time, you will find that Snow Valley Ski Resort is close by and offers all levels of skiing from beginning to advanced. There is also a “tubing” park as well as countless locations for snow play. If you are traveling up in the winter time, it is highly recommended that you carry chains, even if you own a 4 wheel drive. Bring your family, bring your friends, but leave your cares behind. Regardless of how long you stay, you will return home refreshed, revitalized. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT TIME!
ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT TIME!
As former Lake Arrowhead residents, we sought a charming rental cabin to recapture our mountain experiences. The Hub truly stands out as a most remarkable home! It has a wonderful cozy feel and is appointed with vintage mountain treasures and works by local artists. It was well-stocked and we were appreciative and impressed with a most comfortable bed. Its location was perfect for walking thru the lovely neighborhood or strolling down to the dock, and it was just a short drive to the Village, Cedar Glen, or Blue Jay. The owner was a delight to work with and we look forward to staying here again when the dogwoods are blooming next spring.
- Guest Linda P.
- Date of stay 10/09/13
- Review Submitted 10/15/13
Charming House with great personality
Charming House with great personality
We loved this house! The minute my daughter walked in she said loved the place and didn't want to leave. It had everything you could need for your stay. It was cozy and comfortable. There are toys for my daughter to play with, access to wifi and internet TV, a grill, a fireplace, outside fire pit, well stocked kitchen for cooking, fireplace and more. The walk to the dock was great going but a little steep coming back. Worth the walk though. We enjoyed hanging at the dock. Very peaceful when we were there. We also went to the beach clubs which were nice. Tavern Bay was the nicest of the two. We enjoyed it so much, we want to come back in the winter to enjoy the cabin and the snow!
- Guest Pat A.
- Date of stay 08/28/13
- Review Submitted 09/08/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
We can't say enough about how wonderful this cabin and the owners are. The outside deck is amazing. The kitchen is fully stocked and the stove/oven is fantastic. Our kids LOVED having a "sleepover" in the bunk room. When we left, one of our kids left a beloved stuffed animal behind. The owners were so great and went above and beyond to get the stuffed animal back to us. We give this cabin and the owners the highest rating!!!
- Guest Family Time (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Date of stay 02/22/13
- Review Submitted 03/09/13
My daughter and I just spent two blissful nights at the Hub. We've had the pleasure of staying in many cabins in many places, and it just doesn't get any better than this. The cabin is charming and perfectly appointed, an ideal blend of vintage touches (original creaking wood floors - love) and high-end, fully functioning features (great kitchen appliances, water pressure, etc.). The owner, Stuart, is a dream to deal with, and he also has great taste (or a really good decorator). Every detail is perfect without being fussy. And the view... I could sit and stare out of the living room window for hours. We felt happy and relaxed during our stay and were sad to leave. Needless to say, we'll be back! Cannot recommend it highly enough.
- Guest Kitwocky (United States)
- Date of stay 02/24/13
- Review Submitted 02/26/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Wonderful Charmer in the Woods
Wonderful Charmer in the Woods
The Hub is a wonderful, well equipped cabin. It is a "Charmer" with all the modern day luxuries. We had 6 in our group and never felt cramped. We cooked meals, played games and slept well. The lake view is beautiful from the cabin and it's just a short walk to the water. Looking forward to coming back in the summer and enjoying the large deck. You won't disappointed if you rent this home. We loved it!
- Guest Carey (La quinta, CA)
- Date of stay 01/02/13
- Review Submitted 01/07/13
My girlfriend and I wanted a place to take our kids to experience a snow filled weekend close to home.The owners were more than accomidating throughout the rental experience.The cabin was very clean and more charming than the photos and you can tell they have put much love into their home away from home.All we needed to bring was the food. The rest was there. We took a pathway down to the docks and that was a real surprise. Beautiful views.You could hear the blue jays in the morning and the neighbors homes are equally as charming to look at while watching the birds. I'm looking forward to renting again to experience what the summer would be like there. Location was very easy to get in and out of town.You can walk to a little market if you needed something.We had 5 people stay and we were more than comfortable. I highly recommend.
- Guest Misty (Anaheim, California)
- Date of stay 12/26/12
- Review Submitted 01/02/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
$195/night weekday; $295/night weekend (Fri,Sat,Sun) (2 night min) | $1500/wk 2013 Holiday rates: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years - 3 day min at $395/nt. Check-in 4:00 p.m. / Check-out 12:00 noon (later if available) Cleaning Fee $125 (Includes Linens & Towels) Rates include all taxes and fees. $500 refundable Security Depoosit Cancelation 30 days prior (see policy for more details)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2010
Why the Owner Chose Lake Arrowhead:
We purchased this Storyboook cottage because it is one of the few untouched cabins left on the lake. All the original details remain. The only updating done was to the kitchen and bathrooms to bring them up to our standards. When we visit 'The Hub' it transports us back to a simpler more peaceful time and allows us to truly relax and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Hub in the Spring
Fireplace on the 4th
Deck at Sunset
View of Lake From Deck
Fishing from our Dock
Sunset on the lake
The Hub at Winter
Library / Bedroom 2
Christmas at the Hub
Deck Chairs on the 4th
View of the Village from our Deck
Enjoying Lake Arrowhead
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 10, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.