Casa Linda: Elegant Vacation Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Oracle house description
Tasteful interiors, sweeping desert and mountain vistas, memorable sunsets and the changing colors of the day, as well as starry night skies, make just being there a pleasure.
The many living areas and well distributed spaces make it cosy for small groups but also very suitable for large groups. It is great for family gatherings and reunions of friends because of the large expandable dining room table, which makes it also good for celebrating special occasions.
It is a real home away from home with a good selection of books, DVDs and internet access. There are two living rooms and two TVs which can be useful if children are part of your party.
Artists, academics and nature lovers find it a beautiful and peaceful place to work in and relax.
The moderate elevation (4800 feet) avoids extremes of temperature all year round: summers are never too hot and winters are never really cold.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 9-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- Wood Fireplace
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Fitness Center
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Casa Linda is located in a small community called Oracle, on the north slopes of the Santa Catalina mountains, not far from Saddlebrooke and very close to Biosphere II. Visitors will find interesting wildlife and birdwatching opportunities on the 3 acres of land that belong to 'Casa Linda' as well as the whole area that surrounds this beautiful place. The home also offers good access to numerous trails in wilderness settings which are ideal for hiking and mountain biking. One of these trails can be reached on foot directly from our backyard. There are interesting local shops and restaurants nearby as well as a post office and library. Oracle is well known for its art festivals and thriving art community. Every Saturday one can go and enjoy meeting local people at a very good Farmers' Market. This takes place at a Ranch called the Triangle L. which is also a place where artists exhibit their work. Many locals meet there for coffee, breakfast or lunch. PLACES TO VISIT for wonderful day outings - Biosphere II - Sonora Desert Museum - Old Tucson Studios - Sabino Canyon - Catalina State Park - Arivaipa Canyon Wilderness & Wildlife Reserve - Boyce Thompson Arboretum - Pima Air Museum - Tital II Missile Museum - Kitt Peak National Observatory - Kartchner Caverns - Tombstone - Mission San Xavier Del Bac ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
There for Thanksgiving
There for Thanksgiving
This has been one of the best vacation homes we've stayed at! The convenience and extra supplies the house provided was excellent for cooking Thanksgiving dinner. And the house had plenty of space for all the families to join together for the day. During the evenings, the view from the Arizona room and from the large windows was gorgeous. And for those chilly nights, we all loved the fireplace! We came from 2 states over with 2 kids, and they were positively THRILLED to find that there were some toys tucked away inside that they could play with on their visit. This place truly made Thanksgiving wonderful and comfortable!
- Guest Kansas Native (Dallas-Fort Worth, TX)
- Date of stay 11/25/13
- Review Submitted 12/04/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, families with young children.
3 generational family
3 generational family
This house was absolutely perfect. Besides being being set in a lovely environment and being beautifully and tastefullydecorated, it is extremely well stocked and clean and is set up so that 3 generations coexist perfectly. We came for a family reunion and will definitely return to this gem of a house! We would definitely recommend this property to family and friends. Everyone who stayed in it was delighted.
- Guest Kate (Trinidad, Colorado)
- Date of stay 09/08/13
- Review Submitted 10/06/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Dear Katherine Carlisle, We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at our home, and terribly grateful to you for sending us such a wonderful, heart-felt review (it is not always easy for our visitors to find the time to do this once they are back home). We appreciate it because it is always good to know that what we are offering is something people really like and enjoy. All the best, Paola
Winter rates - September-May: $140 per night / $850 per week / $3000 per month Summer rates - June-August: $120 per night / $750 per week / $2500 per month Holiday rates - Thanksgiving, Christmas & Easter): $150 per night / $950 per week These rates are for up-to 4 people staying. For larger groups please ask.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Tucson, AZ (TUS) at 36 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 77 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Oracle Inn Lounge at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Saddlebrooke at 10 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Oracle Inn Steak House at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: In this photo is Paola, the main person you will be dealing with when inquiring by email. The photo was taken on our property in March 2012: our immediate neighbors are indeed these lovely horses that belong to a lady who rears them for an organization called 'Little Hooves & Big Hearts'. It gives children with special needs and seniors an opportunity to improve their physical & emotional well-being through interaction with specially trained miniature horses. Their horses are a pleasure to have so close to us.
- Primary: +1 520-896-2275 Ask to speak to Valeska
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Back of house
The Arizona room
Cosy place for many long chats
This table expands further
Great two-sided fireplace
Who is sleeping downstairs?
Bird-watching is easy here
Well equipped kitchen
Lunch in the veranda?
Good TV reception
Comfi living room
Ready for dinner?
Beautiful high ceilings
Twin bedroom becomes king if needed
Extra living area & extra sleeping quarters.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 04, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Ask to speak to Valeska
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.