A Northwoods Getaway at the Door Step of the Forest
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Phillips cabin description
Fully equipped kitchen , coffee maker,microwave, and full-size stove. Each Queen log bed was hand made by Joe from trees in the area. a Queen sleeper sofa in living room for extra guests. All you need bring is bath and dish towels. BBQ grill and a 14' boat included [motor rental avail] pontoon also avail. for rent. Sheltered docking for boats in a private lagoon.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Queen size Beds (3)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- 14' fishing boat included motor rental available. Pontoon boat rental
- Video Games
- Pool Table
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Hunting Big Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Massage Therapist
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Accommodations; 2 beroom cabin , Queen sized log beds and a Queen sized sofa sleeper sleep up to 6. Cabins are fully-equipped with all bed linens and cooking utensils , full sized stove, microwave and coffee maker.Each has a 14't boat for your use[motor rental avail.]Fire pits are lakeside close to cabin. Pontoon boat rental on site. Cabin is truly a four season getaway located at the doorstep of the Chequamegon National Forest and Price County Forest lands at the end of our driveway. Spring and Summer; bring your fishing poles , hiking boots , bikes , water sports toys or your ATV you can ride trails right from you door. Solberg Lake is @ 1000 acres and full of fish looking for your hook. Panfish , walleye , bass and muskie are abundant. Don't forget your golf clubs as Westwood golfcourse is great. Fall, hunting in millions of acres of public land is great. Whitetailed deer , bear ,turkey and of course the Ruffed Grouse, this is 'THE RUFFED GROUSE CAPITOL OF THE WORLD'. Fall is BIG MUSKIE TIME . Joe can point you in the right direction , as everyone knows he is always in the woods or on the water it's all he does. Winter , Snowmobile on highly groomed trails right from your door. acclaimed as top ten places to ride in north America. The Polish Palace Bar is located on the grounds and open 7 days a week. Come on in for lunch or dinner , have your favorite beverage , tell fish stories or even sing a little karaoke , you will have fun if you try. Evenings are special don't forget your cameras the sunsets are the best, loons will sing and pose for you while you sit fireside. 'OH WHAT A NIGHT'...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
I enjoy hunting grouse and the owner (Joe) has help me locate places to hunt. My friend and I like how close the hunting can be from the cabin.The cabins are clean and well maintained,plus the food they serve is good.The cabin view is right on the lake and very pretty.Many of my friends from KY have enjoyed the cabins also.
- Guest Mac (Mt Washington,KY)
- Date of stay 10/19/12
- Review Submitted 10/30/12
Recommended for: Pet owners, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
Owner response: Barry ,thank you for the nice review , Connie and I enjoy hosting you guys every year.We value the friendships like yours and hope to continue providing an enjoyable Northwoods experience for all. sincerely Joe and Connie
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Weekly rates $650
Specials avail. 3566 Stay for 4 nights pay for 3 nights. May & Sept.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Rhinelander Wi. at 50 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: WI. Hwy 13 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: on site at Phillips
- Nearest Barpub: Polish Palace at Phillips
- Nearest Restaurant: Polish Palace at Phillips
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: Owners Joe and Connie France live on the property and along with operating The Polish Palace Bar enjoy the surrounding lands and wildlife. They are both active in local projects as well as preservation of the natural surroundings.
Why the Owner Chose Phillips:
With vacation rentals dissapearing , we purchased this property to make sure others had a chance to enjoy a northwoods vacation as we did when we were young . Our goal is to see that every visitor has a great time what ever it takes.
- Primary: 7153393566
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Released to fight again
Family fun time
Grouse for dinner
A good old big one with the bow
Headed out on the trail
Our son Bill small mouth on the Flambeau
Cool winter sunset
Our son Bill with some good eaters
realeased to fight again
realeased to fight again
A view from the cabin
A nice bunch of crappies in July
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, November 15, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.