Castaway - Serene Beachfront Living with No Luxury Spared
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Other Providenciales Properties villa description
Set on the secluded and tranquil beach of Thompson Cove, 'Castaway' is the newest luxury Villa to be completed on the north shore of the island of Providenciales. Renown for it's quiet ocean-side living and calm waters, Thompson Cove is a quick 7 minutes from Providenciales International Airport - effectively you are 'on vacation' within 10 minutes of departing the airport!
And what a place to be on vacation, the name says it all - you immediately get the sense that you are 'castaway' from the moment the tastefully-designed security gates close behind you as you pull up on asphalt to this magnificent villa. Walk from the car up the grand entry way and into a great room that is quintessential luxury -a beautiful wooden dining table awaits with the pool and ocean as a backdrop. Step down past the table into the elegantly appointed living area with wraparound sofas facing a state of the art Sony entertainment center (large flat-screen TV, Blu-ray DVD player, Apple TV).
To the right is an artfully-designed kitchen, conceived to cater to the demands of any master chef, with a spacious breakfast bar. GE appliances throughout - a single wall oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, wine fridge, large gas stove featuring a telescopic downdraft vent, dishwasher and disposal unit are all conveniently located.
As you meander down the corridor to the east wing bedrooms you will pass a laundry room that provides two washers and two dryers, again top-of-the-line GE appliances. The east wing master bedrooms speak volumes of the work of Coast Architects as they overlook Thompson Cove. Each has it's own deck and furnishings for ultimate relaxation, king size beds with high thread count linens and en-suite bathrooms ensure that when it comes time to say good night you have the best in comfort and privacy. We do have a crib and 'baby awake' system for those families bringing children under two. Central air conditioning throughout keeps the villa at the perfect temperature, and the house has sensor cut offs to keep the bill down should you forget to close a door or window. If you are green-conscious, you will be pleased to know the villa's hot water is solar-generated. Blackout drapes ensure that if you do not want to see the sun rise, you don't have to.
The villa's west wing is similar to the two bed lock-off the east wing - two master bedrooms with a fifth bedroom that has a bunk bed that sleeps 3 kids (or 3 small adults) with a queen on the bottom level and single on top. At your request our property manager can provide an additional single rollaway bed. Effectively the house can sleep comfortably 8 adults, 4 children and a baby. We have plenty to offer kids from a Wii console with a generous variety of games to board games, to a collection of pool toys. The house also comes with a large collection of snorkeling gear, catering from the youngest to oldest underwater enthusiast.
Likewise the expansive deck with six beach chairs and large outdoor table under the pergola affords adults plenty of space to relax. The adjacent outdoor grilling station features a huge GE Monogram grill with an infrared searing burner and a rotisserie function.
For those that cannot leave work at home (I know sometimes it is a necessary evil), we do have Wireless Internet throughout as well as a HP laptop and fax/printer for your use.
The villa also includes two kayaks which give easy access to more distant patches of reef (though top snorkeling can be found just 200 feet off Castaway's beach), as well as to two restaurants (Da Conch Shack and Horse Eye Jack) which are a short paddle away. Both restaurants are just 10 minute walk along the beach from the villa.
Our property manager is always available for help with reservations for any number of activities such as golf, diving, paddle boarding, water skiing/wake boarding, and kite boarding, as well as shopping, spa or dining reservations, and chef services.
And don't forget to sign 'Wilson' (our volleyball) to leave evidence that you were truly 'Castaway'.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Car Available
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 11-12
- King size beds (4), Child Beds (1), Baby Cribs (1), Bunk Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Living Room seats 10
- Iron & Board
- Covered Parking
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Air Conditioning
- Parking Off Street
- Hair Dryer
- Video Game Console:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Duty Free Shops
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Water Parks
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Home is centrally located on the island - you can explore Blue Hills to the west, Chalk Sound to the south and Turtle Cove as well as world famous Grace Bay Beach (with all its tourist attractions) to the east. Further east is ferry access to our sister Islands of North and Middle Caicos and the culture and history that are the life blood of this island chain. As for cocktails and famous Caribbean food, we are blessed with world class restaurants and bars, many within a 5 minute drive of the Villa - Horse Eye Jacks in Blue Hills, Las Brisas in Chalk Sound, Tiki Hut in Turtle Cove and Coyaba in Grace Bay spring to mind. For water sports we have snorkeling and kayaks at the property but also offer endless options with dive operators (Silver Deep) and eco-tourism tour guides (Big Blue). Scuba, paddle boarding, kite boarding, para sailing, deep sea fishing, bone fishing, tubing, water skiing - the warm seas are our playground. Provo Golf Club offers a professionally run course that is hugely popular with both locals and tourists. For the kids we have a mini-golf course, a go kart track and a cinema that is adjacent to the always popular Pizza Pizza and Arcade. Both Grace Bay Club and Veranda run 'kids clubs', making child care easy and fun for the kids. Shopping can be found at The Regent Village and Salt Mills Plaza in Grace Bay. I highly recommend either touring with one of our knowledgeable taxi drivers or getting to know the island inside out by hiring your own car. Visit the 'Hole' in Long Bay or the Caicos Conch Farm at Heden Down Rock. We have a beautiful Botanical Garden at the Lower Bight with an adjacent Environmental Center that you are encouraged to visit to learn more about the wildlife and fauna that are unique to this chain in the archipelago. Music is everywhere in Provo - many of our restaurants (Mango Reef, Parallel 23, The Regent Palms) host live music performances by local artists on a regular basis. Listen to such extraordinary talents as Craig Archibold or Janardo Laporte (his saxophone playing is amazing). Speak to your ask me about the regularly occurring live music events or our local night clubs. Ask about our famous glow worm tours, whale watching, visit our friendly iguanas on Little Water Cay. 'Maskanoo' on December 26th of every year exposes you to a people proud of their history and culture - it's an all day party that makes you feel like you truly belong to the islands. The yearly Conch Festival is also a must November 23rd-24th where the best of our local chefs do battle to see who truly serves the best dishes. Please visit www.turksandcaicostourism.com to learn more about these amazing islands, their people, landmarks and pleasures. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Just returned from a perfect 5 day stay at Castaway. Fantastic management met us at airport and helped us find out car rental. He provided us with a cell phone to use, and was always available to answer questions. A+ service. The villa is incredible, modern and comfortable. Is nicer than pictures even. You definitely feel like you are in the lap of luxury. Comfy beds, rainshowers, stylish furniture. We loved cooking in the outdoor grill, and eating breakfast near the water. fast internet, great AC, and well equipped with amenities. Don't forget to take the kayaks to the cove and see the sea turtles. conch shack down the beach is a must. The beach is ultra private. There was some grass and rocks int he sand but it is a quick drive to grace bay or taylor cove to experience pristine sand. Castaway was the most amazing vacation, we couldn't have been more happy. Absolutely worth the cost. You wont regret it. Many thanks to Daniel for taking care of us. Will be back for certain.
- Guest Dave (Florida)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/18/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Beautiful Villa, Very Private Beach, Excellent Management, Great Stay!
Beautiful Villa, Very Private Beach, Excellent Management, Great Stay!
We had a great stay at Castaway. Probably our favorite caribbean Villa yet, and we've stayed at a lot. It's on a VERY private beach, with mostly owned (not rental) homes around it. You can be on the beach all day and see no one. The house itself is like new, all the bedrooms are spacious and modern, great kitchen, 2x washers & dryers, really a perfect place. 10 minute walk from a beachside bar, or 10 minute drive from the main Grocery store. We WILL be back!
- Guest Scott (Charlottesville, VA)
- Date of stay 01/17/13
- Review Submitted 04/09/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
I'm Wills friend and first guest to Castaway. My spontaneous impulse visit to Turks & Caicos as a getaway from highly powered London's life, attempt to take some time to chill and enjoy life was probably one of the best investments I have made. Having spent some time on the island it feels that the two best elements in Provo are nature and Wills house. It is the combination of 10 shades of ocean that you see while sipping coffee in the immaculate open space of the house when you start to appreciate what nature and human can achieve when existing in harmony. I won't bother you with a detailed description of the house ... bottom line is that it feels and looks perfect. And when you immerse yourself in warm waters of the ocean and realize that the stones at the bottom were laid to introduce you to the deeper waters then it feels special. I enjoyed reading a book in the bath tab accompanied by my favorite tunes that due to ascetic interior design were pleasantly amplified and gave it a natural surround effect. This place, house, pool and the grill can also be a place to have great fun and active holiday destination, if you and your friends wish so. Is it a paradise? When you bring people that you feel close to and like to get busy living with, it will probably be as close to paradise as it can get on earth. Trust your intuition... and come
- Guest JK (London)
- Date of stay 10/19/12
- Review Submitted 11/12/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
|Halloween & Thanksgiving
Oct 27 - Dec 20
7 night min stay
|Xmas & New Years
Dec 22 - Jan 3
7 night min stay
Jan 5 - Apr 25
7 night min stay
Apr 28 - Oct 25
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: PLS at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Heden Down Rock - www.caribbean-cruisin.com at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Leeward Highway at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Horse Eye Jacks & Conch Shack at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Provo Golf Club www.provogolfclub.com at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Horse Eye Jacks & Conch Shack at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
Why Other Providenciales Properties:
My wife and I started Castaway after reflecting on the past decade of vacations and noticing that while the resorts we stayed at were much nicer over the years as our incomes grew, the people we met started seemed to have more difficulty de-stressing. Who wants to lounge in the sun next to the pool at a five-star resort just to hear two mature women viciously arguing over the last pool chair? Who needs to overhear a workaholic’s endless cell phone conversations at the beach, or watch someone try to network in the omelet line at breakfast? Who wants to have your casual lunch ruined by listening to spouses at the next table bickering? How can you really get away from the rat race if the same racers are on vacation with you? Thus we founded Castaway, an amazing villa boasting of the finest luxury available at five star resorts, but in a secluded setting, well away from the resort rat race. We hope you enjoy your stay at Castaway, the only way to really get away.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, December 06, 2013
5 Bedroom / 5.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.