Charming Castro Victorian Ground Floor Flat, Garden
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Castro apartment description
The house is an 1885 Victorian Italianate listed in the Historic Registry of San Francisco. The owners are offering the lower apartment for renters. The unit consists approximately 930 square feet of living area and 11-foot ceilings. Access at the left of the house is obtained through a locked gate, leading to the private side-entrance and/or the back garden. The unit has separate electricity, heating and hot water.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Rock Climbing
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Charming Castro Victorian Ground Floor Flat, Garden/Deck, Wi-Fi Location: Castro District, San Francisco, Bay Area, California, USA. View Map. Accommodations: 2 Bedroom (Sleeps2-4, 1 Queen, 2 Singles), 1 Bath, Full Kitchen, Off-street Parking Enjoy yourselves in a beautiful 1885 Victorian flat, full of original details. Prepare your meals in a spacious fully equipped dine-in kitchen or dine out on a garden deck with area heater (if necessary). This home is located in the famous Castro District with wonderful neighborhood cafes, bars, restaurants and shops. Near-by bus and rail transportation (MUNI) to all parts of the city is available within 4 blocks. Additionally, commuter buses are available from Castro and Market Streets to Silicone Valley. The Castro Business district, including the 75 year-old Castro Theatre, Cliff’s Hardware, and Banks are four blocks away. Other attractions; the entrance to Golden Gate Park, including the Academy of Science and the DeYoung Museums (2.2 Miles), Union Square (2.4 miles), Fisherman’s Wharf (4.2 miles), beaches and the Golden Gate Bridge (6 miles), are all attainable by MUNI. California Pacific Medical Center is within two blocks. Several schools and churches are located within walking distance. The wine country is about 40 miles away, and skiing about 200 miles. Amenities: Washing machine, clothes dryer, linens Beds: 1 queen, 2 singles Entertainment: 43” cable TV, DVD, piano Kitchen: Stove, refrigerator, microwave, garbage disposal, utensils, pots, pans, cutlery, dishes, silverware, glassware Outdoor: Deck, garden, area heater, and barbeque grill Communications: Wi-Fi Activities: Sports, sight-seeing, shopping museums, live theater, restaurants, beaches, opera, symphony Suitability: Children and small pets allowed. Non-smoking only,...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful, comfortable, and convenient!
Beautiful, comfortable, and convenient!
A charming Victorian apartment in a great location! So much better than a hotel--like being at home. Very comfortable. There was plenty of room for myself and my two grown kids. We could not have been happier with this lovely apartment. The pictures of the living room do not do it justice! Wonderful claw foot tub. We enjoyed coffee on the back patio in the mornings. The apartment is centrally located, with easy access to the Muni and trolley cars. Good restaurants just a few blocks away. The owners were very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this place and would stay here again.
- Guest Relventure (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Date of stay 05/18/13
- Review Submitted 05/24/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Manager response: Hi Carol and grown-up children. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for the kind review. Warmest regards, Don and Sherrie Dobrott
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Dec 20 - Dec 30
3 night min stay
Discounts: 4 nights or more: $400 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Low Season Discount 10% 10-1 to 4-30. $100 cleaning free. $200 refundable damage deposit.
- Cleaning Fee: $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Taxes Not included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco International Airport at 14.7 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Embarcadero Ferry Building at 3.2 Miles
- Nearest Train: Caltrain at 3.7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 101 entrance at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Baker Beach at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Cafe Flore Bar/Restaurant at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe sking, boating at 200 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Precidio Golf at 2.9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: L'Ardoise Restaurant at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1989
About: We are retired: a physicist and school teacher. I grew up in southern California and my wife came from eastern Washington. We met at the University of Washington in Seattle. We married and have three married children and two grandchildren. I have a PhD from Stanford University and have worked at NYU and Princeton University. We currently live in San Francisco.
Why this property? This Charming 1885 Victorian house is located in the very center of San Francisco, one of the most vibrant cities of the world. The property maintains 19th century elegance along with modern amenities. After a busy day in the City, you are able to enjoy a peaceful respite on the back deck and garden. Children and small pets welcome. No smoking.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Just going out the front door gives you easy access to restaurants, coffee houses, bars, a library, churches, an elimentary school, bookstores, a medical center, a fire station, grocery stores, the famous Castro Theatre. Public tranportation (MUNI) allows you easy access to the City's Symphony, War Memorial Opera House, the De Young Museum, Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf and the Embarcadero. The City is located half-way between Hawaii and New York, which in turn, is located between Paris and San Francisco.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front room hearth
Kitchen sink and french doors
kitchen garden view
Kitchen stove, refrigerator
garden and deck
bathroom night light
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, November 15, 2013